Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

how can i make my stick figure's arms and legs move?

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by bigcasey123, Nov 23, 2010.

1. bigcasey123

bigcasey123

ok i want to make just simple stick figures in unity 3d but when i put the script to make them move the legs and arms don't move they just stay still do you get what i'm saying?

2. teamwhitesnow

teamwhitesnow

did you make him in a 3d model like blender or 3d maya?..usually the way it works is in the 3d modeler you would make the character then put a bone structure on the character which allows it to bend move or etc..then make a walking animation and import the character and animation into unity..

3. bigcasey123

bigcasey123

well i used unity to make a stick figure and i won't his arms and legs to move.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

1) this is terribly wrong section. Why the hell would you think that your question has asnything to do with shaders...?
    2) unity is not a modelling program, get maya, 3dsmax, blender or something.
    3) google for modelling and rigging tutorial of the modelling program like maya

5. MEGATON

MEGATON

Skinned instancing is an extension of regular instancing. It renders each character using hardware palette skinning. Instead of using the standard method of storing the animation frame in shader constants, we encode all frames of all animations into a texture and look up the bone matrices from that texture in the vertex shader. Thus we can have more than one animation, and each character can be in a different frame of its animation.
    The technique does not use the traditional method of encoding the per-instance data into a separate vertex stream. In testing, we found that reading per-instance data from a constant buffer using an index per instance was faster due to better cache utilization of the vertices. With the traditional method, vertex attributes increase by the number of per-instance data attributes. Choose instead to put the low-frequency data into constant memory.