Unity Community

Page 1 of 161 1231151101 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Salzburg, Austria

ORK Okashi RPG Kit for Unity released

ORK Framework 2.0.0 and ORK 1.2.7 released, ORK Community forum opened

Please note that this asset has been replaced by ORK Framework - you can find more information in this >thread< or on http://orkframework.com/.

If you own ORK and the Menu/Shop Extension, you can get a free upgrade to ORK Framework (aka ORK 2). Please send me your order/invoice numbers to contact@orkframework.com.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ORK 1 release:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fellow developers, I'm pleased to announce the official release of ORK Okashi RPG Kit!

What is ORK?
    ORK is the short form of Okashi RPG Kit - a role playing game development kit for Unity.
    The goal of ORK is to make developing RPG's less painful and time consuming by providing a complete and flexible base. It consists of several editors to create the data of your game (e.g. items, characters, enemies, etc.) and a fully functional battle system and event system.

If you can think of it – you can most likely create it with ORK. If you can't – contact us and we'll probably make it happen in the next update of ORK (if it fits the overall direction of the kit).

ORK is compatible with Unity 4, and officially supports publishing to the Web Player, PC and Mac Standalone, Android and iOS platform. Although it might run on other platforms (e.g. Xbox360, PlayStation 3, Wii), they are yet untested and not officially supported.
    ORK is available in C# script version.

Demo created with ORK
    You want to see what you could do with ORK?
    Try the ORK demos (WebPlayer and standalone): >Demos<

This small demo RPGs shows some of the possibilities of ORK - every gameplay aspect was created using the RPG Kit - the game menu, ingame events, the battle system ... even the camera system in the town area of the game was created by using ORKs event system.

Editors
    ORK extends the functionality of Unity with a massive amount of editors, components and prefabs to create gameplay typical for a role playing game.
    Follow this link to read a short overview of the editors of ORK (also contains screenshots): >click<

FAQ
    ORK has a new FAQ system, check it out and start asking questions there - you can also do feature requests :)

Documentation
    ORK comes with detailed documentation of everything there is to know about it. And this documentation is available to the public - read it and see if ORK can do what you need.
    You can find the complete documentation in the ORK Wiki.

Tutorials
    Tutorial 1 - Item Creation
    Tutorial 2 - Player/Event Interaction
    Tutorial 3 - Cinematic Dialogue Event
    Tutorial 4 - Changing Scenes
    MSE Tutorial 1 - Let's go shopping!
    More tutorials can be found in the ORK Wiki.

Licences and prices
    You'll find the shop, information on the licences and prices here: >click<

http://rpg-kit.com

Ok, that's it for the official part :D
    It's been some hard months developing this - I hope you'll find it useful and that a lot of great RPGs will be developed.

To make one thing clear at the beginning:
    ORK is NOT designed for MMO's, it could be adapted for this use, but it's not planned yet.

ORK is a very complex tool with a great amount of new possibilities for Unity - if you have any questions or are not sure if your game idea can be realized with ORK, just ask me (in this thread, or send me a PM or >mail<). I'll be happy to help :D

That's it for now - enjoy.
    Cheers!

Latest versions:
    ORK 1.2.7, MSE 1.0.10

See the >changelog< for all changes in this version or visit the ORK Wiki.

Attached Images  
    Last edited by gamingislove; 01-15-2014 at 05:06 AM. Reason: ORK Framework officially released
    ORK Framework - The complete RPG Engine for Unity
    orkframework.com | Thread

2. Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    looks good, just 1 question - does it have a spell system?
    Last edited by Hans; 11-07-2010 at 06:05 PM.

3. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    looks good, just 1 question - does it have a spell system?
    depends on what you mean with a spell system ...

ORK allows the creation of skills. Every skill uses an element when attacking (the damage of the attack will be influenced by the target's element settings), they can be set up to be only used in a battle or in the field (or both), they can be counter attacked, revive dead party members, target allies or enemies (and single or group targets), add/remove status effects to the target and can consume the user's and target's status values (attributes) - e.g. cost the user 5 MP and do 150 damage to the target's HP.

The user and target damage settings are also fully flexible, since you can create your very own status value system with ORK.

You can see some of the settings here: >Skill creation<
    More info's can be found in the >editor documentation (pdf, 85 pages)< in chapter 1.8.

4. Posts
    Sound great! I'll look into the kit right now.

5. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    Quote Originally Posted by RyuMaster View Post
    Sound great! I'll look into the kit right now.
    what do you think of it, got any questions?
    I'm unsure if I put enough information on the site ...

6. Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingislove View Post
    More info's can be found in the >editor documentation (pdf, 85 pages)< in chapter 1.8.
    After looking through your (excellent) documentation, I'm pretty interested in this kit too. What I really wish you had though was a video on your site showing how to use the kit for a basic setup. Just a quick 5 minute intro thing would go a long way toward convincing people to buy something like this. When I'm considering buying a kit like this, I want to see right away that it's much easier than coding things myself.

EDIT: Sorry - one more quick question, is this fully compatible with Unity 3? No problems that you know of with specific platforms (Mac, iOS, Android, etc)? Obviously you won't have been able to test EVERY platform - not implying that you should have
    Last edited by geppetto; 11-08-2010 at 09:52 PM.

7. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    Quote Originally Posted by geppetto View Post
    EDIT: Sorry - one more quick question, is this fully compatible with Unity 3? No problems that you know of with specific platforms (Mac, iOS, Android, etc)? Obviously you won't have been able to test EVERY platform - not implying that you should have
    It depends on how you see it
    The rpg kit is fully compatible with Unity 3.0 - but only for standalone on Mac and Windows builds (as I stated in the first post and on the my site). iOS and Android are yet completely untested (and wont be for some time ... lack of licence and hardware), but I'm working on Webplayer tests.
    There is one problem I know of in Webplayer > seems like it's got a problem with Arrays (or how I use them in certain ways)? But I'm on it!

I'll make a video soon!

Cheers

8. Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks! Would love to see a basic tutorial video.

I must admit that the demo game on the site is very well done. I actually quite enjoyed the battle system - very smooth

9. Location
    Málaga (Spain)
    Only two questions:

1) Is the source code included with the license?
    2) If the answer to the previous question was affirmative, have you used C# or Javascript?
    Do you need a really fast racing AI for Unity?
    Pro Racing AI

10. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    Quote Originally Posted by davidgutierrezpalma View Post
    Only two questions:

1) Is the source code included with the license?
    2) If the answer to the previous question was affirmative, have you used C# or Javascript?
    1) yes, source code included - you're free to change it to your needs, but you're not allowed to resell or redistribute it, only in the form of built games.
    2) ORK was written in JavaScript, but can be translated into C# in the future.

@geppetto, battle system comes with the kit and it is individually adjustable
    Read the >battle system documentation (46 pages)< for details!

Current development focus lies on Webplayer support.
    After this I'll work on needed add ons (menu system, shop system).

11. Posts
    nice tool ,i will wait until the c# version released

12. Location
    Málaga (Spain)
    I will also wait for the c# version. Android and iOS support would be a plus, but it won't be required.
    Do you need a really fast racing AI for Unity?
    Pro Racing AI

13. Posts
    Very nice. What about multiplayer support, are you going to add it in future?

14. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    good news, Webplayer support is on the way - should be ready tomorrow!
    Solved the last issues and will do some intense testing today.

Timetable for further developments:
    1) menu system addon: mid-December
    2) shop system addon: end December
    3) C# version: January 2011

A better homepage with more detailed information is on its way too

edit: multiplayer support currently not planned for the near future, maybe in the middle of next year?

15. Location
    Beijing
    Very cool! I like it, but add C# version is better.
    forever young~

Li Jianxin

Mail: lijianxin@me.com
    QQ: 454109

A Indie Game Developer for Everyone in Beijing

16. Location
    The Wasteland
    Future developments
    The RPG Kit will be extended by several add ons in the near future. The next things to come are:
    A menu extension for an ingame status menu (browsing through the inventory, equipping your characters, etc.)
    Shop system to easily set up shops
    If we purchase this now, will we get these upgrades free? Or should we wait for those? What is the approximate time those will be completed?

17. Location
    Will buy it when you have the C# version out

OR

If we buy know do we get a free upgrade to the C# version ?

18. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    Updates of the kit are free and will be sent to you once completed, updates would be:
    - bugfixes
    - extended functionality of the included editors/features (will be extended on a regular basis - if you need something in the kit, just drop me a line and I'll see what I can do )
    - C# version

But things like the menu system or shop system are addons and will be sold separatly (but will need the base kit to work).

Menu system and shop system should both be completed before christmas - if not, it will be around mid-January (christmas time is vacation time ).

Just a question - why is everyone so in need for a C# version?
    When I started the development I had the impression most of the people are using JavaScript ...

19. Location
    Me personal i like to keep the C# all the through so i understand what is happening, also its a real pain to keep switching between C# and JavaScript - and i am learning C# and Not Java

20. Location
    The Wasteland
    I'm learning Javascript.

Do you have an approximate of how much the addons will be?

Page 1 of 161 1231151101 ... LastLast