Unity Community

Page 13 of 161 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    never mind... using different script for movement instead...
    Last edited by drewradley; 03-15-2011 at 06:41 PM.

2. Location
    The Wasteland
    Can we still purchase updates and expansion packs thru you instead of the asset store?

3. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    sure, it's just an additional sales channel :)
    ORK Framework - The complete RPG Engine for Unity
    orkframework.com | Thread

4. Posts
    I wish you would have made the battle system module base so it can easily be swapped out. none the less we are working on our own Turn base but real time battle system. Similar setup to Advance wars or Tales of series.

5. Posts
    I noticed a bug or something strange anyway. I set up an event that when the player hits the "p" key they drink a healing potion. Anyway, it works but the character has a pink shade added afterward. It doesn't happen when they use a mana potion.

edit: I know what it's doing. First it flashes green then pink then some textures go back to the main color while others stay pink. I just have no clue how to fix it so it doesn't happen.

another edit: It also leaves some of the textures green during battles so after a battle, my character has green highlights.
    Last edited by drewradley; 03-16-2011 at 04:09 PM.

6. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    @drewradley
    does this also happen when you use a healing potion in the battle system?
    I guess it has something to do with your battle system settings (Battle System > Battle Text), there you'll find the settings for flashing/fading on damage/healing for different status values.

@DigitalShock
    I'll try to change that in the future, since there are many different battle system styles coming for ORK :)

7. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingislove View Post
    @drewradley
    does this also happen when you use a healing potion in the battle system?
    I guess it has something to do with your battle system settings (Battle System > Battle Text), there you'll find the settings for flashing/fading on damage/healing for different status values.
    Thanks! I'll check it out.

edit: that fixed it but now for some reason the notification (the little yellow name and the amount healed in green) only shows up once. The potion is still consumed and they are still healed but no notice of it. Any thoughts on that?

edit again: I figured it out... had to deactivate the effect.
    Last edited by drewradley; 03-17-2011 at 09:29 AM.

8. Location
    Spain
    Hi, Im interest in your kit release for my project, but i would make another battle system, similar Dragon Age, the witcher or another action RPG, no turn based system. It is possible with your kit, or are going to make a update for fix it?

9. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    Sure, it's possible to do those battle systems with ORK - and it's very easy to interact with ORKs system, all the needed methods to access items, skills, attacks, etc. are already there, so you'd just have to build your battle system and call ORKs functions :)
    I'll also add new battle systems in the future, but this will take some time ...

10. Posts
    If I edit the code and change the hit probability from "=< 1-100" to ="> 1-10+1-10" (with the proper code) and change my statuses and formulas to use that, will that cause any problems with the rest of the code? I don't just want to start messing around with the code since it's a lot more complicated than I feel comfortable messing around with, but changing the random value is child's play, just so long as it doesn't really hurt the rest of the code! Will just changing that one line of code in all the scripts be all I need to do to change the hit probability and not royally screw up the rest of the code?

Also, I think I found all the places in the code the hit probability is called but would you mind telling me exactly where they are so I don't miss any (I don't need the line number, just the name of the script)?

Thanks!
    Last edited by drewradley; 03-18-2011 at 05:58 AM.

11. Posts
    drewradley, I think Okashi has high-level support for the formulas. you do not mess with the actual code, but set formulas from within the editor

12. Posts
    I know that but it does have a built in random 1-100 hit probability written into the code and if it's as simple to change as changing one line in a few different scripts, I might do that.

13. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    Check the BattleAction, BattleSystem, Character, Combatant, Enemy, EnemyAI, Equipment, ItemRecipe, Skill and StatusEffect classes.
    Also for events and battle animations the BaseASteps and BaseSteps classes.

I'll put on my list that the random range for those checks can be edited in the project editor for more convenience :)

14. Posts
    Something's off somewhere. I made a formula that was only a value of 1 and used that as the characters hit probability and he hit more often than 1% of the time. A lot more. But not anywhere near 99% so it's not the opposite. It seems to work for the enemies. Adjusting that value up and down seems to adjust the enemy's hit chance but not the player. Is there any way to see what the actual formula, etc is doing in game? (i.e the "dice" rolls?)

Just to clarify, I did not mess around with the code. This is just using the RPG editor system.

edit: Oh, and I would love to have the hit probability editable in the editors. I cringe when I look at the code.

another edit: I figured out if I make my own battle animation it works fine. Something seems to be off in the default attack battle animation. Maybe it's just me...
    Last edited by drewradley; 03-19-2011 at 08:26 AM.

15. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    Well, a characters attack (and hit chance) can also be changed by an equipped weapon, I guess your character has a weapon equipped which overwrites the base attack and hit chance?

16. Posts
    You are correct. I completely forgot about that. Some mornings my brain stays asleep longer than the rest of me...

17. Posts
    I would like to request more Tutorials. maybe some tutorials with animated meshes etc from a blank project.

18. Posts
    I'd also love to see some new tutorials! I'm not certain I would have been able to get going with this thing without the first 3.

19. Posts
    Some random screenshots of a quick test on the iOS.

Currently running iPhone 2G and it runs really slow. I believe maybe because of the Unity UI draw calls... I'll test on an iPad or iPhone 3gs/4 later.

Its great because the current setup I have allows me to develop on both PC/MAC and enable mouse controls too to test on PC/MAC and do final testing on the iOS platform itself.

Funny part with iOS is it will register mouse inputs as touch inputs. even though I disabled the default touch code for iOS it registers and works. To be honest the mouse inputs seem to work better then the touch inputs.

edit:
    Side note the test was done with default texture size at 1024x each character. when reducing the size through the editor it did help in performance. I'm still interested to see how well it will run on a 3gs and an 4. Still lags probably due to the UI

The other bug I found was when you enter battle then exit battle all UI is done. its function is still there you just dont see it. I also noticed if you start from the start menu then load into the world the UI goes invisible as well.

Edit:
    Tested on iPod Touch 3rd Gen and it works great. still a little slow due to draw calls but much faster.
    Last edited by DigitalShock; 03-24-2011 at 07:29 PM.

20. Posts
    Any updates on when the menu package will be done?