Unity Community

Page 11 of 161 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    As far as I have seen they aren't out yet and deliver a more fixed setup, rather than the flixible approach of ORK...
    But I guess it depends on what gameplay type you want to create :)

A little bit of competition is always good, and I believe in my own system to be the better solution for a wide variety of RPGs^^
    ORK Framework - The complete RPG Engine for Unity
    orkframework.com | Thread

2. Location
    The Wasteland
    There's this one http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/797...tarter-Package and.. it was "Unity RPG Package - Coming Soon" by Phoenix Developer2, but I can't find it now and search doesn't bring up anything.

So far, it looks like ORK is going to be the one I'll use for my game, but it never hurts to have other tools in the toolbox. I like ORK and the way it was done and would highly recommend it to anyone else and I have recommended it to friends.
    Last edited by RoyS; 03-01-2011 at 09:24 AM.

3. Posts
    I've used ORK for almost a week now. and i must say i really love how it works
    Things are very easy to work with, and if you do get stuck somewhere just check out the source of the demo. it shows allot of options already setup.
    From what i've seen in the other RPG kits, they arent really feature complete and lack any real documentation.
    I'm glad i've chosen ORK, and cant wait for future updates ^_^

4. Posts
    ORK is a great kit that resembles RPGMAKER series by ASCII. Which I grew up with. ORK is more geared toward JRPG games versus western RPGs, and I hope you stick with it!

5. Location
    France
    Is ORK RPG Kit is free lifetime upgrades after purchase ?

Thanks a lot !!

Best Regards.
    ^^

6. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    glad you guys enjoy working with ORK :)

@free upgrades
    Updates are free and come on a regular basis - next one will be out within this week.
    Addons, e.g. the upcoming menu system addon, are sold separately to allow people to choose which parts they really need ...

oh yeah, I'm currently waiting for my new macbook pro to be shipped, so official iOS support is on it's way :D

7. Location
    The Wasteland
    Keep us posted on the update. I definitely want it.

8. Location
    Springfield OR
    Very cool system. Keep up the great work.

9. Posts
    This is absolutely amazing! I've been looking for a system like this for a while now and finally discovered yours. In a matter of minutes I was able to substitute my own models and animations into the sample project. I am primarily a creative type and programming gives me a headache (though I can do a little) so this system is perfect for me. I'll be able to finally create the interactive animations I've been wanting to do for so long!

10. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    ORK 1.0.3 released
    Introducing item recipes and some additions to the event system - number variables and repeating autostart events, use them to e.g. create a hour cycle in your game and let NPC's have a daily routine.

Full changelog:
    • new: Item Recipes: Combine items, weapons and armors to create new items, weapons or armors.
    • new: Game Events: Item recipe steps.
    • new: Number Variables: use the new number variables in the event system and variable conditions to e.g. create a calendar or hour cycle system.
    • new: Game Events: Number variable steps.
    • new: Game Events: Autostart events have now a repeat option.
    • new: Game Events: dialogues have now a close after time option (including optional blocking of the accept key).
    • change: Dialogue display: positions of different dialogue elements are now calculated once, not every GUI call (performance optimization).
    • fix: deleting a language caused errors in some editors.

Already sent out to customers :)

11. Location
    The Wasteland
    Awesome job, gamingislove! Am looking forward to trying out the "Item Recipes". I love exploring and hunting for objects to craft (combine). Thanks for all the great work on ORK.

12. Posts

13. Location
    Salzburg, Austria
    Item recipes also support using formulas to calculate if an item can be created - i.e. you can create a status value 'smithery', use it in a formula and use that formula on all weapon/armor item recipes to calculate your smithery chances :)

14. Posts
    How much we looking for menu add-on?

15. Posts
    This just keeps getting more and more awesome.

16. Posts
    If you're like me and have already printed out the manual, you may be interested in a PDF I created of just the new information from this update:

http://www.box.net/shared/a726ip8o29

I'm pretty sure I got all the updates, but it's possible I missed some. If you find anything I missed, please let me know and I'll fix it. In any case I'll leave it up until the next update or Gaming Is Love asks me to take it down. BTW, Gaming is Love, you're more then welcome to put a copy on your web site. After all, it is your documents. I just extracted the pages with the new information on them and deleted anything else and made one PDF of all of them.

17. Posts
    Wow. He added the inventory code to give an array of the current items in the party's inventory. SO now all that we would need to do for a menu based inventory system is create a GUI that displays the contents of that array.....*runs to see if EZGUI will work with ORK and create own menu system*

18. Posts
    I would love to see your own menu system for UI similar to EZGUI

19. Location
    The Wasteland
    Thanks drewradley. That also frees up gamingislove to spend his time working on ORK instead of updating docs.

20. Posts
    You're very welcome but he already updated the documents. I just extracted the new info from it. I wanted them for myself and figured others would like to have the addendum as well.

Page 11 of 161 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast