Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assert bundles in the data folder

Discussion in 'Android' started by ritchparker, Oct 29, 2010.

1. ritchparker

ritchparker

Hello,

Does anyone know how to add items to the apk, pre or post build? I need to add asset bundles to the package and load them later at runtime. Does the Application.dataPath point to the package on the Android?

2. BuzzJive_Legacy

BuzzJive_Legacy

The way I've gone about it is to decompose the apk using apktool, add the assets I need, then repackaging the apk with apktool (but you will need to sign it again on your own afterwards before you can install it - unity does that for you). It's not pretty, but it works.

3. Wozik

Wozik

Just create the folder StreamingAssets in your project, but all the stuff you need and it all will be packed to the apk and will be deployed into app directory on the device

4. ritchparker

ritchparker

Hello, Thanks for the info ... But how do I load the bundles from this location?

5. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

With pre 3.2 I guess you don't. With 3.2 you can use something like WWW("jar:file://" + Application.dataPath + "!/assets/<yourbundlename>");, if <yourbundlename> is under Assets/StreamingAssets.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  6. AShim

AShim

Correction:
    var www: WWW = new WWW("jar:file://" + Application.dataPath + "!/assets/<file_name>");
    yield www; // loading
    guiTexture.texture = www.texture;

7. agreen

agreen

hmm I'm still having trouble loading from that path, i've actually checke the .apk file and it does have the correct files in the assets folder.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  8. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Does the logcat give any additional hints?

9. gonglei007

gonglei007

When building assets bundle (BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundle), don't forget add "BuildTarget.Android" paramater, or the data will not be loaded even the path is correct.