Search Unity

Help with FBX animations

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by Voideo, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Voideo

Voideo

Hi all,

I have problems exporting my animation from Maya 2011 into Unity.

I used Advanced Skeleton to rig my character and tried several different options on export but I still wasn't able to load it properly in Unity. I enclose the maya and fbx files if someone is willing to help me on this.

Exporting to DAE and then to FBX from 3DS Max is slightly better but I still couldn't get it to work correctly in Unity. I think the problem is with the IK joints. Any help would be very appreciated.

Also I don't understand how animation keyframes are mapped into Unity. When opening the Constructor.FBX model that comes with the controller package the range for each animation is different from Unity to the 3D editor. Is there any conversion I have to make or any setting somewhere?

Thank you

2. Voideo

Voideo

After trying several different workarounds I realized that the problem weren't the animation but the binding with a skeleton.

I was suggested to try a previous version of the FBX exporter and it fixed the distortions. Hope this helps if you have the same problems.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
    gungreyw likes this.
  3. Andres_Pradilla

Andres_Pradilla

I'm having the exact same problem, i know it has been years but could you please tell me the exact way you fixed it ?