Unity Community

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    Having problems with mobclix and the ectra plugin playing together nicely.
    Is complaining that one config file is missing (depending on which unitypackage I import last), so think it's overwriting each one?

Any ideas on how I can quickly fix it ?

Cheers dude,
    Adam G

2. Posts
    @kenlem, good to hear that update fixed things. I can't see any difference between 2 and 4x sampling either on the iPhone 4.

3. Location
    Lincoln, UK
    Having just bought my second Prime31 plugin, I was looking at the features of the Etcetera plugin and realised I only want a small subset of them for my next project.

I wondered why you bundled so much together, making it one of your more expensive plugins, when you could have made 3 or 4 smaller ones that would be on a level price-wise with your cheaper ones.

The other things is having 1 big file bloats game file sizes with unused features.

4. Posts
    @Moonjump, a lot of the functionality was shared for the Etcetera Plugin (such as alerts, prompts, ask for review, web and mail, screenshot and resize, etc). By grouping the features into a single plugin it saved a lot of development time which in turn makes the plugin cost less as a bundle. It will then require less time to support and update and result in time savings all around. The code size is next to nothing. There are no external assets so the fully compiled code is very minimal.

The way I see it, if your time is worth $50 per hour (being a game developer it most certainly is) and it would take more than an hour to make any single one of the features including with the plugin it makes it a no brainer to purchase it and get all the features. That was the thought process on this end at least and the way I evaluate purchasing things.

5. Location
    Lincoln, UK
    Thanks Prime31, I hope I make back $50 for each hour invested in my game. However, cash flow means I have to consider each purchase very carefully at the moment.

6. Posts
    $50 is a steal for this tbh. Although still battling to get this and the mobclix plugin playing together niceley .

7. Posts
    @Hilm, let me help you with your battle. Download the latest version of the Etcetera Plugin and the Mobclix Plugin. Add the Etcetera unitypackage last. The Etcetera Plugin has a slightly newer build script than the other plugins. I will get them all updated to the latest version but it will take a few days. Too much stuff to test!

8. Posts
    Cool, will give it a go! Ta dude!

9. Posts
    Ok, I've re-downloaded them all (social network, mobclix and Etcetera). Imported the social one first, then Moblix, then etcetera.

I run xcode and it states all have been imported correctaly and no longer whines about missing config files. However upon building I get 3 mobclix errors as shown below:

Build Unity-iPhone of project Unity-iPhone with configuration Release

Ld build/DAD.app/DAD normal armv6
    cd /Users/adamgreen/Documents/DailyAppDreamFB/Test006
    setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 3.0
    setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch armv6 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.0.sdk -L/Users/adamgreen/Documents/DailyAppDreamFB/Test006/build -L/Users/adamgreen/Documents/DailyAppDreamFB/Test006 -L/Users/adamgreen/Documents/DailyAppDreamFB/Test006/Libraries -F/Users/adamgreen/Documents/DailyAppDreamFB/Test006/build -filelist /Users/adamgreen/Documents/DailyAppDreamFB/Test006/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/DAD.LinkFileList -dead_strip -Wl,-S,-x -weak_framework iAd -ObjC -miphoneos-version-min=3.0 -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework OpenAL -liconv.2 -liPhone-lib -framework AudioToolbox -framework CFNetwork -framework MediaPlayer -framework CoreLocation -framework SystemConfiguration -liPhoneNetwork -framework CoreGraphics -framework MessageUI -lz.1.2.3 -framework QuartzCore -framework SystemConfiguration -framework MediaPlayer -framework iAd -o /Users/adamgreen/Documents/DailyAppDreamFB/Test006/build/DAD.app/DAD

Undefined symbols:
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_MobclixAdViewiPhone_320x50", referenced from:
    objc-class-ref-to-MobclixAdViewiPhone_320x50 in MobclixManager.o
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_Mobclix", referenced from:
    objc-class-ref-to-Mobclix in MobclixBinding.o
    (maybe you meant: _OBJC_CLASS_$_MobclixManager)
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_MobclixAdViewiPad_468x60", referenced from:
    objc-class-ref-to-MobclixAdViewiPad_468x60 in MobclixManager.o
    ld: symbol(s) not found
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    Any thoughts?

10. Posts
    @Hilm, can you check to make sure the libMobclix_nonthumb.a file and about 8 other Mobclix* files were copied into your Xcode project? It looks like they are based on the fact that MobclixManager.o was compiled but something seems a bit odd in there. Maybe if you can screenshot your Xcode project with the Mobclix folder expanded it will have some clues.

11. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime31 View Post
    @Hilm, can you check to make sure the libMobclix_nonthumb.a file and about 8 other Mobclix* files were copied into your Xcode project? It looks like they are based on the fact that MobclixManager.o was compiled but something seems a bit odd in there. Maybe if you can screenshot your Xcode project with the Mobclix folder expanded it will have some clues.

While the post process script seemed to copy in all the Mobclix files... It didn't copy in the lib file... I've imported it manually and seems to be working, so assume just something up with the post-process script and maybe missing the addittion of that lib?
    Last edited by Hilm; 10-19-2010 at 06:52 PM.

12. Posts
    Ok, got ratings working after importing the lib...

Working on push notifications now - so I have EtceteraBinding.setUrbanAirshipCredentials("App ID", "Secret");

Is the secret in urban airship the "Application Secret" or "Application Master Secret"?
    It appears to register the device token with either, however when I send out a test push notification it fails to appear on my device?

Current code I'm using is:

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;

public class PushNotifications : MonoBehaviour {

// Use this for initialization
    void Start () {
    EtceteraBinding.setUrbanAirshipCredentials("my app ID", "my master app secret");
    EtceteraBinding.registerForRemoteNotifcations( RemoteNotificationType.Alert | RemoteNotificationType.Badge | RemoteNotificationType.Sound );
    RemoteNotificationType types = EtceteraBinding.getEnabledRemoteNotificationTypes( );

if( ( types & RemoteNotificationType.Alert ) != RemoteNotificationType.None )
    Debug.Log( "registered for alerts" );

if( ( types & RemoteNotificationType.Sound ) != RemoteNotificationType.None )
    Debug.Log( "registered for sounds" );

if( ( types & RemoteNotificationType.Badge ) != RemoteNotificationType.None )
    Debug.Log( "registered for badges" );
    }

}
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,
    - Adam G

13. Posts
    @Hilm, first off, make sure your using an bundle identifier and provisioning profile combo that is enabled for push notifications. The secret is the Application Secret from UA. Your code looks fine except for one tidbit: you cant call EtceteraBinding.getEnabledRemoteNotificationTypes until after EtceteraBinding.registerForRemoteNotifications returns which could be a few seconds of never if the user doesn't allow remote notifications. Listen to the EtceteraManager.remoteRegistrationSucceeded and EtceteraManager.remoteRegistrationFailed events to know what the user has done.

14. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime31 View Post
    @Hilm, first off, make sure your using an bundle identifier and provisioning profile combo that is enabled for push notifications. The secret is the Application Secret from UA. Your code looks fine except for one tidbit: you cant call EtceteraBinding.getEnabledRemoteNotificationTypes until after EtceteraBinding.registerForRemoteNotifications returns which could be a few seconds of never if the user doesn't allow remote notifications. Listen to the EtceteraManager.remoteRegistrationSucceeded and EtceteraManager.remoteRegistrationFailed events to know what the user has done.
    The bundle identifier and provisioning profile are setup for both the developer and production push notification services . The device ID's are registering on Urban Airship under "device tokens", however when I then go to send the push notification (via the push notification test interface) the notification fails to reach my device.

My settings do state me as having push notifications enabled, there's no errors on the UA panel on their site. I'm assuming the listener stuff is more a case of not registering the device with UA if the user dosen't approve for push notification to come thru? But it wouldn't be preventing the notifications I'm currently sending from reaching the device?

Cheers,
    Adam G

15. Posts
    Ok, I did nothing but it magically works now.... .

Guess a server side thing with UA

16. Location
    Italy
    Hello Prime31,

I have problems to build your test examples on the iPad (iOS 3.2)
    i have sent you an email with Xcode screenshots errors.

Thank you

Andrea

17. Posts
    @Andrea, I sent you an email with the fix but I'll post here so everyone else can have the information as well. You MUST set your Base SDK setting to 4.1 when building the plugin. You can then set your Deployment Target to anything you want (3.2 in your case). That will take care of it for you.

18. Location
    Close to the sea
    Hi there,
    I want to thanks Prime31 for his excellent work and support. Etcetera Plugin is now working fine with the last update.
    Thanks for it Prime.

19. Posts
    Sorry to keep asking soo many questions :S!

I'm trying to get the result of a text field input. I presume the following is called once the prompt is filled in:
    public delegate void EceteraStringDelegate( string text );

What I'm unsure of however is how within my javascript how I
    1) Figure out it has been called
    2) Gain access to the entered value.

Any help/ a quick example of it's use would be really appreciated.

Cheers,
    - Adam G

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast