Search Unity

How do I achive Tron type of glow??

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by hizral, Oct 7, 2010.

1. hizral

hizral

Hello again...

Need help, Im trying to recreate what I did in maya into Unity3 here's what I did:

How do I do this?? do I need to write my own shader or I just can used what Unity3 have.

here's another example what I want to achive:

Attached Files:

2. hizral

hizral

anyone?

3. Dreamora

Dreamora

thats a unity pro thing with the glow post fx for example
    without pro its impossible basically without adding a lot of fake alpha extra geometry

4. hizral

hizral

Im using the Pro version...can you tell me how to do it?

5. Dreamora

Dreamora

the glow shader from the pro apps will do it given you created your textures accordingly (see the reference on how it works etc)

6. hizral

hizral

Found it...I use the Self-ilumin shader and then put Bloom and Flare image effect on my camera and get the result that i want.

thanks dreamora..

7. Dreamora

Dreamora

Looking forward to see what you create with it :)

8. Mimetic

Mimetic

http://vimeo.com/14286997

Skip to 23 seconds and watch, that's all unity postfx glow (2.6.1 too, I imagine 3 may look even better)

9. hizral

hizral

here what i achive

Attached Files:

10. pgomid3000

pgomid3000

Tron game you made with Unity!?

11. Dreamora

Dreamora

Yay :)

What I realized to forget to mention: depending on what you want to achieve, also check out the shader replacement examples in the resources above, cause through that path you can potentially even achieve per object glow if desired (among other cool effects).

12. sendel76

sendel76

I could not get good results with bloom effects. The problem is that bloom always brighten everything. In Tron you just want to glow the blue and red stripes, but not specular highlights. My results are looking very "dreamy" - if you know what I mean. Is it somehow possible to just add the bloom effect to one layer?

I started by creating two cameras, one for the "non glowing things" and one for the "glowing things" - and applied the bloom for the last one. If I render the "glowing things" layer first and then the other layer the glow seems to be correct but its behind the objects. If I render the "Non glowing things" layer first and then the "glowing things" layer the glow gets applied for all visible pixels.

Im kind of confused how to obtain a real TRON-like shader with unity..

I also started with "Funky Glowing Things" Shader Replacement Pack - but this is not working on iOS.

Any one can help me out?

13. tonytage

tonytage

link is down

how can I make like this

14. Daniel_Brauer

Daniel_Brauer

Unity Technologies

Bloom is based on the alpha channel of the render output. As you've discovered, specular highlights add to output alpha by default. However, you can change this behaviour by writing a surface shader with a custom lighting function that does not change alpha.