Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Post on Facebook wall through Unity3D

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by claytoncurmi, Oct 6, 2010.

1. claytoncurmi

claytoncurmi

Hey everyone,

I would like to post the player's score/achievements on his personal Facebook wall through a standalone Unity3D game. I've googled around but couldn't find a lot of info. UnityPrefabs.com have something that accomplishes this but I would like to do it myself.

I was thinking of making a PHP script that passes this info to the Facebook API and then through the Unity game I call WWWForm and pass the necessary parameters.

Can anyone put on the right track and how to go about this? ;)

Regards,
    Clayton

2. claytoncurmi

claytoncurmi

Can anyone help me on this matter?

3. Slem

Slem

4. Angrycrow

Angrycrow

Whoa. Dry thread. I checked out the link. This doesn't look like too simple of a process. It's possible but I think it's best to work with a web team on this one. I don't know who makes what plugin for FB integration. I thought it'd be a simple query I can send out. Ah well.. Another game.

5. Irina-Marina

Irina-Marina

Hey, seems to be an old thread, has anyone found an easy way to just post something to the player's Facebook wall? I don't need anything else.
    I've found this package here:
    http://www.gameprefabs.com/products/show/96
    Has anyone used it? Is it suitable for the purpose of just posting on user's Facebook wall from a standalone Android+iOS app?

6. renman3000

renman3000

I believe Prime31 has an asset you can purchase that will allow for this and Twitter.