Search Unity

Post on Facebook wall through Unity3D

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by claytoncurmi, Oct 6, 2010.

1. claytoncurmi

claytoncurmi

Hey everyone,

I would like to post the player's score/achievements on his personal Facebook wall through a standalone Unity3D game. I've googled around but couldn't find a lot of info. UnityPrefabs.com have something that accomplishes this but I would like to do it myself.

I was thinking of making a PHP script that passes this info to the Facebook API and then through the Unity game I call WWWForm and pass the necessary parameters.

Can anyone put on the right track and how to go about this? ;)

Regards,
    Clayton

2. claytoncurmi

claytoncurmi

Can anyone help me on this matter?

3. Slem

Slem

4. Angrycrow

Angrycrow

Whoa. Dry thread. I checked out the link. This doesn't look like too simple of a process. It's possible but I think it's best to work with a web team on this one. I don't know who makes what plugin for FB integration. I thought it'd be a simple query I can send out. Ah well.. Another game.

5. Irina-Marina

Irina-Marina

Hey, seems to be an old thread, has anyone found an easy way to just post something to the player's Facebook wall? I don't need anything else.
    I've found this package here:
    http://www.gameprefabs.com/products/show/96
    Has anyone used it? Is it suitable for the purpose of just posting on user's Facebook wall from a standalone Android+iOS app?

6. renman3000

renman3000

I believe Prime31 has an asset you can purchase that will allow for this and Twitter.