Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

scene view camera behavior

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Jean-Fabre, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Hi,

Is it possible to alter or build our own camera behavior for the scene view? that would be really helpfull ( the question also applies for the manip tool),

-- how to rotate around your selection for example
    -- make the camera targeting an object
    -- change the axis handles to better rotate and move the camera around ( view, world, local, target).

I'll make a post in the whishlist if needs be.

2. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Camera rotates around the object it targets. You target the selection ("focus" it) by hitting F key while mouse is over the scene view.

(when mouse is over other views, hitting F will focus those views, i.e. bring selected items into view)

3. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

cool that's the one.

It's strange we don't have a search facility for the unity help. I've gone back the help and found the section where it is mentioned now that I know what I am looking for, and in the pref panel the hotkeys are not all there.

So I guess the answer is no to whether we can script the scene view features like the camera or the manip tools?

Jean

ps: I am having fun with unity, it's untrue! thank you for what you have achieve! and a second greetings for your activeness on the forum: which makes you stand out even more.