Search Unity

scene view camera behavior

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Jean-Fabre, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Hi,

Is it possible to alter or build our own camera behavior for the scene view? that would be really helpfull ( the question also applies for the manip tool),

-- how to rotate around your selection for example
    -- make the camera targeting an object
    -- change the axis handles to better rotate and move the camera around ( view, world, local, target).

I'll make a post in the whishlist if needs be.

2. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Camera rotates around the object it targets. You target the selection ("focus" it) by hitting F key while mouse is over the scene view.

(when mouse is over other views, hitting F will focus those views, i.e. bring selected items into view)

3. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

cool that's the one.

It's strange we don't have a search facility for the unity help. I've gone back the help and found the section where it is mentioned now that I know what I am looking for, and in the pref panel the hotkeys are not all there.

So I guess the answer is no to whether we can script the scene view features like the camera or the manip tools?

Jean

ps: I am having fun with unity, it's untrue! thank you for what you have achieve! and a second greetings for your activeness on the forum: which makes you stand out even more.