Search Unity

The Canyons

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by sonicviz, Oct 5, 2010.

1. sonicviz

sonicviz

Here's a little demo level I did up going through the FPS tutorial. I did it a while back testing beta3 but was just playing with it and thought I'd stick it up.

Some things I tested in this were:
    Rigidbody character controller so explosions effect the player. You can sort of rocket jump/fly in the right situation too.
    Shaders on the main cam for atmosphere...lots of shaders;-) I was trying for a visual feel to go with the main audio loop.
    Terrain generation from GeoControl.
    Some health/ammo packs are scattered in the desert around and in the facility if you need them.
    The robots will chase you if you get too close.

Sort of fun to stand on the canyon edge and go crazy on the detonator.
    The detonator shock wave does not appear to work properly on a mac I noticed.
    This web player is set on fantasic quality.

http://sonicviz.com/test/Canyons.html

2. LamentConfig

LamentConfig

That shader is pretty cool looking! really nice work :) though looking at it for to long and coming back here to post with a page of white is causing me to see lots of little dots over it :) It did take ages to download, not sure if thats my inet connection however.

3. Ostagar

Ostagar

I like the physics and terrain. It downloaded pretty fast for me, but I have broadband Internet.

You should create a Fallout Collider for the game at the water line. One of the robots blasted me off the mountain and I fell all the way down to the bottom of a lake. When I fell through the water, the water disappeared, and now I'm alive at the bottom of the lake with no realistic way to get back into the action.

An obvious 'end condition' would also be nice, like a stated goal to reach.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  4. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Great game, keep up the good work!

5. sonicviz

sonicviz

Thanks for the suggestions,

It really started as a "Now how would I do that?" learning level, which accounts for the design holes.
    If I get some time I'll try and polish it up a bit more with your suggestions.

Download is only about 16mb so not too big.
    If you get stuck in the canyons you can try rocket jumping till your health gives out and you will respawn at the start.

Ty for the feedback.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010