Search Unity

Newbie: ThirdPersonCamera Issue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Epoch of Entropy, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Epoch of Entropy

Epoch of Entropy

So I just got Unity, and am trying to learn the ropes. Installed the 30 day trial of Pro, version 3.0.0f5.

I was going through the 3DPlatform tutorial, but deriving the things learned there into a blank scene. Basically a plane, a sphere and the main camera. The first thing I wanted to setup was the Third Person Camera, but am having an issue with it.

After binding the Third Person Camera script to the MainCamera, and the Third Person Controller script to the Sphere, I get the following debug statement:

"Please assign a target to the camera that has a ThirdPersonController script attached."

But, as you can see in the attached screen shots, I have bound the Sphere GameObject to the ThirdPersonCamera "Camera Transform" attribute. The call to get the ThirdPersonController in the ThirdPersonCamera script returns nothing, even though it is clearly assigned.

Sphere is set to the Player tag, and the Main Camera is set to have the MainCamera tag.

I don't get what I'm missing here. Is there some binding that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files: