Search Unity

Has anyone been successful building a simple Android Build?

Discussion in 'Android' started by VICTOM, Oct 2, 2010.

1. VICTOM

VICTOM

Has anyone been successful building a simple Android Build?

I haven't heard from anyone so far and would like to know if you
    have, what environment are you running - OS version, SDK version,
    Unity build, etc.

As, I'm still having no luck as is, and looking for trouble shooting.

Cheers,

2. akasurreal

akasurreal

I got our iPhone game running on Android very easily. Just using latest downloadable builds of everything as of a few days ago. I'm on Windows 7. I did have a bit of trouble with the USB driver but otherwise pretty straightforward.

What exactly is your roadblock at the moment?

3. Galactisys

Galactisys

I have had mixed results on even the most basic builds of an Android player package.

When building an empty project: I have one one Windows 7 system that fails to build with the following error: "Android SDK does not include any platforms! Did you run Android SDK setup to install the platform(s)?" This error is a red herring as a few Android platforms are properly installed. Unity3D seems to get confused when looking for the SDK folder.

However, I have been able to build and APK on another Windows 7 system (a MacBook Pro BootCamp).

I am not quite sure what might be the problem and have been updating and checking my Java x86/x64 versions.

Unfortunately, I had to submit a bug and things aren't resolved yet. I'd really appreciate some advanced diagnostics or logging to track down the issue myself - but until this resolved, my main workstation is pretty much not able to put together Android builds.

4. minevr

minevr

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  5. akasurreal

akasurreal

Did you run the android SDK Manager and make sure to:
    http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/Manual/android-sdksetup.html

Sounds like you must have done that with your other system, so I would see whats different between them?

6. leonardoaraujo

leonardoaraujo

I succeded to build some projects in android... Actually I'm adding them to the market now...

7. erica.sampson

erica.sampson

We've been able to build a number of builds that will run quite nicely on the nexus 2.2 Google phone. I have yet to successfully install a build on any of the multiple 2.1 devices we've tested on.

If your having problems, you need to have the 2.2 API8 sdk package and if by chance to happen to be using an older beta version of unity (there was a version with a build issue) then you should update to the current version. If it isn't any of that, I would think it's probably the device your trying to run/install them on that's causing you problems.

The OS apparently needs to be 2.x and the processor needs to be ARMv7 or ARMv6 (with runtime detection).

I have also had mixed results with the emulator ...

What device are you currently trying to test on?

What is it you're having trouble with?