Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bootcamp full game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blender-unity3d, Sep 30, 2010.

1. blender-unity3d

blender-unity3d

"Thanks for playing unity Bootcamp. Now you are finished the first part of your training. Play the full game on the unity website"
    That's what appeared on the screen after playing the bootcamp demo that comes with the engine, so where it is on the site?

2. Londy

Londy

lol i think there still putting up the Example Demo projects for Unity 3 :)
    Patients my friend

3. PolyMad

PolyMad

I was waiting for this as well... I've seen the video and really have wish to try it.

4. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

5. saymoo

saymoo

the poster means: local version (thus on the dev's computer, not streaming from the net), to tinker/study with.
    how e.g. is the cutscene animation done? (is it incorporated inside the unity toolset? or a thirdparty "addon")

6. r2d2Proton

r2d2Proton

Are you guys going to describe the cut-scene is done?

7. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

That's why it explicitly says "Play the full game on the unity website". ;) - we have no immediate plans to make the full project available. In the not too distant future we will most likely take the time to clean up the entire project and make it available.

It's all made up of animations made in Unity with the Animation Editor, some externally made animations (characters), and a few scripts that control the sequence of events... switching cameras, triggering dialog/audio, etc.

8. PolyMad

PolyMad

No, there is a video in the Unity blog where the soldier shoots to targets... that's missing everywhere, but there's a video on the blog that witness its existence :D

9. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

10. stonegolem

stonegolem

I also have a question related to this topic.

As we know, there is a Boot Camp demo bundled with the Unity 3D v3. That demo ends just after we reach the "dynamic light" room and it says "thanks play the full version on our web site". Then there is an extended version of the on unity web site which has cut-scenes and in-game target practice dummies and auto turrets.

I have played both of these and they are great! The extended version however, might contain extensive valuable information for us.

So I wonder, if it's possible to get the unity project files of the extended version of the game in order to learn more about it ?

Thank you.

11. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

As stated before...

12. stonegolem

stonegolem

I see. Thank you.

I thought web player version of the game is just an extended demo which was not available at the release date of v3. And I thought, the full game project which you mentioned might be something different than the web player version of the game.

13. absolutebreeze

absolutebreeze

If they did release the full project - could you imagine how many kiddies will be building FPS army shooters! expecting people on here to help them convert it into an MMO.

Although I'd love to have access to the Assets - I could see how releasing the finished project in its entirety could cause more pain than its worth..... youtube would be flooded with people showing videos of 'what my team have done' etc. blah blah blah.

14. tatoforever

tatoforever

Unity should work on a full Bootcamp tutorial (as FPS and other tutorials). So beginners will know how an actual(complex) game is made.

15. taumel

taumel

I think that the Unity 3 release was more a public beta and that the real release will be the first bugfix release, which they might finish before/for Unite.

Whilst V3 isn't a desaster there are quite a few issues like a) a number of bugs which need to be fixed, b) some features work but only in a very limited way, c) the integration of MonoDevelop as well as documentation lacks and d) example projects, training videos, all such material you would expect from a big new release, are all missing yet.

On the other side it enabled people getting their hands on Unity faster.

Oh well...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  16. junkyardog

junkyardog

Possibly so but I am glad they released it so I can get started with it.

17. filmcraft

filmcraft

I second this opinion, that would be extremely helpful to people like me.

18. jaison

jaison

I did anything ever ask a question.
    Whether it is the full version already exists? In the live demo, is more than the current version.

19. pivotraze

pivotraze

Resurrection of a two year old thread o_O The Zombie Apocalypse truly is happening.