Unity Community

Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Germany
    @dcp468: OH! Sorry I never tryed that before. I wonder why not? ^^

EDIT: After buliding and running the plugin at my iphone, everthing works fine Now I'm happy
    Last edited by maglat; 09-28-2010 at 04:38 AM. Reason: just want to update my status
    Follow me -> http://lonelyindie.com -> Facebook -> Twitter

My first released iPhone game: Candy Fever

2. Location
    Germany
    @prime31

I have one request. Is it possible to add a cancel button to the Facebook login dialog. That would be very handy
    Last edited by maglat; 09-28-2010 at 01:06 PM.

3. Posts
    @maglat, the Facebook login dialog is actually pulling in the Facebook webpage (keeps snooping developers from seeing users passwords). That being said, there is a small 'x' in the top corner of the dialog that cancels the login and closes the dialog.

4. Location
    Germany
    Thanks for your prompt replay!
    Your right! When I touch the on the top corner of the dialog, the dialog get closed. But the strange thing is that the litte "X" didn't show up / is invisible.

5. Posts
    @maglat, the missing x is odd. I'll give it a look and see if I can figure out how/why that may be happening.

6. Location
    Australia
    Yes I can confirm that the X or close button is present on the login dialog (see my earlier post) however you cannot see it. It still works however from a UI point of view it would be confusing for customers and not sure if Apple would approve. A weird problem.

7. Location
    Australia
    Hi Prime

I can now see the close button on the FB login page with the latest update. Nice

Thanks.

8. Posts
    @robin_notts, twitter querying could be added if it was useful to enough people. What exactly would you want to query?

9. Location
    Australia
    Prime

Possible improvement (based on the old FB connect), ... A FB post that allows the user the BRAG (I.E. enter their own custom message) along with the other components of the post (picture links etc). Is this possible with the newer version?

Cheers

10. Location
    Australia
    When a player says reaches a new high score which triggers one of the FB post methods (I.E. postMessage or postMessageWithLink or postMessageWithLinkAndLinkToImage etc) I know in the Facebook Connect days you can have a FB Publish dialog appear for the user to enter their own custom message, ... see attached images as examples. At the moment if a user is logged in I can publish to FB in the background however I don't get a dialog popping up asking me for a custom message like the ones you see below.
    Attached Images   

11. Location
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by dcp468 View Post
    when a player says reaches a new high score which triggers one of the fb post methods (i.e. Postmessage or postmessagewithlink or postmessagewithlinkandlinktoimage etc) i know in the facebook connect days you can have a fb publish dialog appear for the user to enter their own custom message, ... See attached images as examples. At the moment if a user is logged in i can publish to fb in the background however i don't get a dialog popping up asking me for a custom message like the ones you see below.
    that would be so awesome!

12. Posts
    @dcp468, the new GraphAPI doesn't provide a GUI for you but you can most certainly create one yourself and allow the user to input some text.

13. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcp468 View Post
    When a player says reaches a new high score which triggers one of the FB post methods (I.E. postMessage or postMessageWithLink or postMessageWithLinkAndLinkToImage etc) I know in the Facebook Connect days you can have a FB Publish dialog appear for the user to enter their own custom message, ... see attached images as examples. At the moment if a user is logged in I can publish to FB in the background however I don't get a dialog popping up asking me for a custom message like the ones you see below.

I'd also find implementation of this useful*

Cheers,
    Adam G

14. Location
    Land of wine & cheese
    So this is iPhone only? Any chance of including Webplayer / Standalone support? Would love to "write Facebook support once" and have it automagically work depending on the target.
    ByDesign Games
    Fresh Fun Games
    http://www.bydesigngames.com

15. Posts
    @Joe, for now all the plugins are iPhone only. I would like to put together some all platform plugins at some point (including web player, iOS Android and standalone) but that may not be for a bit. Just the act of getting an efficient build and test environment for that and the amount of time for testing alone would blow the cost sky high. It's hard enough testing iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

16. Location
    California, US
    Sorry if this has been covered.

Things are running fine and set up was super easy

Just one question. When the "Allow" screen pops up on the facebook part is that a standard option or is it something we can change via our facebook app if we know a little more on that end?

I notice it has something about A) allowing access to their public only info and b) allowing to post to their wall.
    Paper Monsters made top 10 iPhone this year... WOOT!
    (and #2 on for iPad)
    crescentmoongames.com/Papermonsters

Mobot Studios Website
    MobotStudios.com

17. Posts
    @RobotsVsWizards, there isn't much you can do with the Allow popup. It is a built in Facebook screen. The plugin is asking for publish_stream permissions due to the fact that it's main purpose is to post on Facebook.

18. Posts
    I just bought the social networking plugin and it's great. I was able to get posts to my wall very quickly, however I'm having problems getting the name of the logged in user. What steps are needed to return the username to a string? I'm using java not C# if that makes a difference.

Thanks

19. Posts
    @gigi, the C# code from the example scene shows how to get the users name. You can literally copy/paste the C# and just change the string to var and it will work. Be sure to copy the event listener part as well.

Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast