Unity Community

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Calgary, Canada

BeGone Released! - Multi-player Shooter

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to announce that BeGone has now been released! Check it out:

http://www.nplay.com/BeGone/

BeGone is a round based multi-player shooter.

FYI - Development thread was here:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=21334
    Last edited by Doug Wolanick; 08-17-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Time Rifters - Oculus Rift Shooter - http://www.protonstudio.com
    BeGone - Multi-player Shooter - http://www.nplay.com

2. Posts
    Yeah! gonna try it right now!

3. Location
    Argentina
    Awesome!! Im gonna play it now!

4. Posts
    Very fun. I love this style of game.

Critique:

I hate the camera! It's very hard to use correctly IMO.

I can't really enjoy the game as it should be because of the camera, it's the major killer here.

Personally, I'd prefer a lock-strafe with the camera directly behind your character. (At the very least make it lock-strafe, because you can fire forward while facing side ways or backward which is annoying when looking at someone turned around and they start shooting you.)

5. Beautiful execution but I agree that camera could be improved.

Do you plan objective modes in future other than a team deathmatch? The idea of getting into a competitive game with team-play from anywhere at any time is very captivating but right now, this gets old in minutes.

Also, I guess it was a little more alluring when the first screenshots indicated that this would be first-person.

6. Location
    USA
    Camera wasn't too bad, I got used to it rather quickly.

But the game needs more guns and more maps. Currently it's only fun for a few minutes

Game is very pretty, and the controls were fine. Other than the camera annoyances (that I got over quickly) this was a relatively bug free and very smooth game.

7. Posts
    nice,
    just wonder how to sync movment and bullets in fps game using photon...!! how do deal with lag?do you implement moving prediction?

8. Location
    Alabama
    Pretty cool! The only thing I have to say is that the locomotion system makes the guy move a bit weird.

9. Location
    CA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Discord
    Pretty cool! The only thing I have to say is that the locomotion system makes the guy move a bit weird.
    I agree, the camera shakes ALOT aswell and it laggs alot :S And my machine isnt half bad either.

10. Posts
    I thought it was a great game
    I actually liked the camera system, though admit it could be a bit smoother. The graphics are great, same with the gameplay, and overall it's really fun!

11. Location
    Australia
    Nice work here. The only problem I found was that you couldn't peak around corners to your left because of camera placement. This was really annoying when I was the only one on the team and they were flanking me.
    Intel i7 @ 3.4GHz - 8.00 GB RAM - Windows 8 (64-bit) - Nvidia GTX660 1.5GB

ShadowRoom on Kongregate | Swarm on Kongregate | MPS on Kongregate | Sound Wave on Kongregate

12. Location
    Idaho, USA

13. Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Thanks a lot for the feedback guys.

Quote Originally Posted by hybrent
    I hate the camera! It's very hard to use correctly IMO.
    I've been seeing feedback like this quite a bit. I think I just got used to the 3rd person view. Investigating...

Quote Originally Posted by inhuman
    Do you plan objective modes in future other than a team deathmatch?
    Step 1 is to make a stable base on which to build upon. I think it's getting pretty close (other than the camera issue).
    The immediate plans are to expand on the team deathmatch, but there is something else more ambitious in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerfour
    Not connecting
    Maybe the arena hadn't finished downloading yet. You get a loading spinner while the arena is still downloading. The 'Join' buttons appear after the progress bar finishes loading.
    Time Rifters - Oculus Rift Shooter - http://www.protonstudio.com
    BeGone - Multi-player Shooter - http://www.nplay.com

14. Posts
    The only issue I have is no auto reload, as well as the recoil is never set back at all. It should slowly go back to where it was, as well have a limit to how much it can recoil.

Besides that, it's quite fun... though, XD I didn't die very often :P

It'd be kind of spiffy if you made a full out login system that kept your stats though.
    My Products - smart crosshair/mouse, transition effects, super simple leaderboard, smoke particles
    Current Project: Temporarily None.

15. Location
    Greece
    Wow, an amazing game you got there. Won't comment on the good things, they're too many. :P

Had no problems with the camera, but one thing that felt wrong to me was the recoil. I think it's a bit too much. Btw, any chance to add a crouch or even prone stance? Not sure about prone, with all this vegetation it would be evil, but crouching wouldn't be bad.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

16. Location
    Kent, UK
    Fantastic work. Currently learning Photon slowly, and seeing this just makes me want to learn more, If you have anything helpful to say about Photon perceptually lobbies, i would be very grateful.

17. Posts
    I like the game a lot, I played a few rounds and it is very fun to play, and the grafics are nice too!
    the only problem I have is that I have an azerty keyboard and that I have to switch to qwerty with my keyboard and I can't chat in qwerty mode.
    other then that it is a very good and pro game!

18. Location
    Uruguay
    nicely done! I enjoyed playing it, must have played around 10 rounds

I feel like playing it again!
    HEY!... Visit dogzer's Assets Store (;っ˘▽˘)っ (Characters & more)

Oh, and my Google Plus.
    It has news and stuff! (About games of course)

"A nerd's work is never done....." (҂⌣̀_⌣́)

19. Location
    Idaho, USA
    Looks like my peerblock was stopping the connection, my bad. Great game though, amazing work. I love the style of gameplay you're going for.

Suggestions/problems:
    - Camera. It works most of the time, but I end up running in circles when I get too close to another person trying to melee them. It gets disorienting pretty quick.
    - Zoom in as a toggle is a little anti-intuitive to me. Maybe a option to hold RMB instead?
    - Recoil, I actually love that it's difficult and really makes you aim. But a crouch would be nice (or maybe less recoil while you zoom in?).
    - It crashes whenever I exit fullscreen mode. Could be unity though, happens with my game sometimes too.

Just some ideas. Btw, what are you using for networking?

20. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lancerfour
    - Zoom in as a toggle is a little anti-intuitive to me. Maybe a option to hold RMB instead?
    I agree that an option to change the functionality of it wouldn't be a bad idea, as long as the user is given the choice.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast