Search Unity

SVN + StreamingAssets folder = FAIL

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jojan, Sep 10, 2010.

1. jojan

jojan

It's with great joy I've started using SVN with Unity, but after creating a StreamingAssets folder in my project, I consistently get a build error:

Error building Player: UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Users/johan/Documents/Projects/Builds/MyProject Build/Data/Raw/.svn/all-wcprops" is denied.
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

Shouldn't Unity be ignoring SVN metadata when building?

2. jojan

jojan

Anyone?

3. Dragon3r

Dragon3r

I'm having many problems using SVN with Unity as well. :?

4. andeeeee

andeeeee

There doesn't appear to be an entry in the bug database for this particular problem. Please can you file a bug report for it (menu: Help > Report A Problem).

5. jojan

jojan

Reported the bug.

6. galeforcejay

galeforcejay

I had this same problem recently, and it was because I tried to use a Streaming Asset for playing an Intro Movie, but I didn't own iPhone Pro. As soon as I removed the StreamingAssets folder, things went back to working normally.

7. goodhustle

goodhustle

@Jojan, what was the case #?

This seems to be a pretty simple case of Unity not ignoring external version control metadata when copying the StreamingAssets directory over to the Data/Raw directory in the project build.

As a workaround, you could probably set up svn to completely ignore the StreamingAssets directory, and then the .svn metadata folder won't even show up there. You'd have to manage that dir outside of source control, but it should fix the build problem.

From the project base dir, you would do something like `svn pe svn:ignore Assets/`, which would open an editor, and you'd add the line `StreamingAssets` in there. If it's already in svn, you would have to remove it from the repository first (after backing it up, as course).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011