Search Unity

Android and Iphone - Web Player

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by marianko, Sep 10, 2010.

1. marianko

marianko

Hi,

I don't know if this has been discussed before,or this is already implemented.If it was, please delete this thread :) :oops: .

Basically, what i would like you to implement into Unity web players is:
    1. You visit a web page through your mobile phone
    2. You run the Unity web player on it
    3. What happens next is that the Web Player starts to run with the phone's compatibility in fulscreen mode.
    For example you can use the phone's gyroscope, screen swithching, touchpad, wifi maybe...etc etc...

Thanks for your reply,
    Marian Vaclavik

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

That's not going to happen on the iPhone. It could theoretically be done on Android, but I question the usability since webplayers are expressly designed for mouse+keyboard.

--Eric

3. marianko

marianko

that may be true, but it can be implemented in some way, i think... :)
    i mean more posibilities for the developers

EDIT: And of course it can be useful for internet games, or probably by MMO Dev wannabies :)

EDIT2: As i thought it through, it's easier to develop apps exactly for the OS :)

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

I doubt it can be done on the android either as Unity requires low level access. At very least till android has NaCl support.

Aside of that you would lose all appealing aspects when it was through webplayer as the mobile features don't exist in the webplayer and the lack of local storage (unless you license the unhappily still sold expensive addon license for cache) makes it a total no go for mobile out of the box as users would kill you if they have to download the same 4-20mb over and over again every time they visit the games website

5. marianko

marianko

read my EDIT2 :)