Unity Community

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Volunteer Moderator

Yes, the submissions are fine... if we have a problem with one we will contact you about it.

2. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aNTeNNa trEE View Post
    Hey Ehren, I had it linked to your blog post about langman, but I can change it to a direct link to the page with the player.
    Yes, please do. Thanks!

3. Volunteer Moderator

Alright, all link reports etc that I received today have been updated and will go live within the next day or so.

4. Location
    Bratislava
    Hello,

what are 3 most important things to win a Rising Star? And what could exclude us?
    Igor Demovic
    Project Manager
    www.abyss-studios.eu

5. Posts
    aNTeNNa trEE: I've been holding off posting the Unity 3 version of my game due to the contest. When can we safely update our entries without disqualifying ourselves?

6. Posts
    What time will the winners be announced? (GMT)

7. Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    The conference meeting starts at 10pm GMT AFAIK... that means the winners should be out by midnight or sometime early tomorrow. Last time it took about 5 hours though.

8. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jackshiels View Post
    The conference meeting starts at 10pm GMT AFAIK... that means the winners should be out by midnight or sometime early tomorrow. Last time it took about 5 hours though.
    Does that mean they're still deciding?

I updated my game last night (upgrade to 3.0, more readable font, minor fixes/enhancements) because I figured the winners had already been decided. Can someone let me know if that's not the case?
    Ehren

9. Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    It is likely that they decided earlier in the month.

10. Posts
    The winners of this year's Unity Awards have been announced, with five key prizes given out to titles developed using the platform in the past twelve months.

AirAttack HD on the iPad won the main Grand Prix award.
    The Grand Prix award was handed to AirAttack HD, created by Art in Games, while Best Gameplay was won by Nonverbal's Colorbind.

Best Visual Design went to Uncanny Games for The Uncanny Fish Hunt, while Best Mobile Game was won by Rimelands: Hammer of Thor from Dicework Games.

The Best Non-Game award was handed to ILP's LoveMyHome.

Meanwhile three 'up-and-coming' gongs were handed out in the Rising Stars category - created to honour small or independent developers that have attracted significant attention with their work - to Uncanny Games, Exit Strategy Entertainment and Gregor Falk.

The Unity Awards were presented during this year's Unite Conference, taking place in Montreal, Canada.

From gamesindustry.biz

11. Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Any words on the runner ups?
    What a long strange trip it's been...

12. Posts

13. Location
    Finland
    There's the official press release: http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...ty-1352424.htm

But it doesn't have any additional info.
    --
    Dicework Games
    CEO, Programmer
    http://www.dicework.com

14. Location
    Miami
    Arzi,

by the way congrats for the prize.

Best regards

AI2 Design

15. Location
    Zürich CH
    Congratulations to all the winners! Nice job x)

16. Posts
    still cant find the runner ups, any word on them ?

17. Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by kayoone View Post
    still cant find the runner ups, any word on them ?
    I bet there aren't any, at least officially. A few things changed during the nomination period (nomination deadline, age restriction, etc). I think there even was a change in personnel during that time which resulted in the fact that nobody at UT was able to stop the nomination process which then went on for, I think, a week (without being counted, of course). And I guess the announcement that there will be honored runner-ups is now a thing of yesterday's past as well. At least it looks that way.

And of course, my dear Unity folks, I do NOT want to complain. I only say that a lot of people that were nominated could have thankfully used the promotional effect of an official announcement of being runner-up in a certain category quite well.
    What a long strange trip it's been...

18. Volunteer Moderator

Runner ups will be announced on the site. But most of them are games that also won other categories so don't expect too many surprises.

19. Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Thank you a lot for the Grand Prix.
    We are really happy from it and it means a lot to us when we are awarded for our work by professionals.
    We also love to thanks to Unity team for such a great engine and to friendly community for support.
    And at the end we are really sorry we wasn't able to make it to Montreal .

Art In Games
    Last edited by colargol; 11-18-2010 at 06:06 PM.

20. Location
    Estonia
    Congrats colargol. You guys really deserved the prize

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast