Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games released with Unity Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by Wozik, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wozik

Wozik

tetrad, it's already been in the list as number 25 =)
    I noticed it recently.

I know your game as I use it occasionally for device testing like I did with Galaxy Tab

2. Wozik

Wozik

Yeah, atm we're choosing good projects for manual and automatic testing. So if you're interested that your game works on all the devices and all the new editor versions, please email me to oleg@unity3d.com and we'll go from there. However you'll need to share your project sources with us.

3. etoiles

etoiles

Attached Files:

4. ratrodstudio

ratrodstudio

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  5. Wozik

Wozik

nice one, ratrodstudio ;-)

BTW, with a new Unity that is to appear on the beta list in the coming days, your games should also work on some ARMv^6 devices like Orange San Fransisco and Samsung Galaxy 580.

This is the early support and may require some polishing, but if you're interested, why not apply for a beta program? Write me an email and tell about your Unity Android projects.

6. CapnJ

CapnJ

Douglas Fur's Call of the Wild Pinball

Avast! Behold our first iOS app! Just released to the Android Marketplace! :D

Look up: "Douglas Fur" and it should come up if you have OS2.2 or later

Also available for:
    - iPhone

Coming Soon:
    - iPad HD
    - Web Player (Dec 13)
    - Mac Standalone (Dec 13)
    - PC Standalone (Dec 13)

Take a peak and let me know what you be thinkin'!

Attached Files:

7. yonek

yonek

8. DanTreble

DanTreble

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  9. TobyLeon

TobyLeon

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  10. Wozik

Wozik

all updated, thanks!

11. ezone

ezone

Crazy Snowboard is now available as a free (ad-supported) game in the Android Marketplace. It's had over 700,000 downloads in its first month and is currently in the US Top 10 for Action Arcade Games.

The #1 mobile snowboard game in the US with more than 5 million players is now on Android!

- Eye-popping 3D graphics
    - 30 missions
    - 13 different riders to unlock
    - 13 boards to unlock
    - 16 touch-activated in-air tricks to unlock
    - Smashable obstacles: zombies, snowmen, elves!
    - Intuitive controls
    - In-air trick system

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.ezone.Snowboard?install

We'd like to thank everyone in the forums (especially Erique) for all the helpful posts and code. Also, thanks to the guys at GameResort for their help with the AdMob stuff. Unity is such an amazing tool and having such a fantastic group of active developers and users is the icing on the cake!

UPDATE: Here's a blog entry about our experience with Crazy Snowboard for Android: Adventures in Android-Land

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  12. dgutierrezpalma

dgutierrezpalma

UFO Puzzle Attack! is my first Android game. It is a free puzzle game where you must defeat the invaders that are trying to conquer the Earth. Shoot them bullets of the same color to destroy their spaceships, but you must be careful: if a spaceship receives the impact of a bullet with a different color, instead of being destroyed, it will change its color!

Whenever to get to destroy an enemy spaceship, all nearby spaceships with the same color will be destroyed too. So you must try to destroy as many spaceships as you can with only one bullet to get more points.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.davidgutierrezpalma.UFOPuzzleAttack?install

13. PeteRoobol

PeteRoobol

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  14. Wozik

Wozik

36 games and more to come
    thanks for all your work!

15. PeteRoobol

PeteRoobol

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  16. Wozik

Wozik

Pete, gamevial games are added. Thanks.

17. BuzzJive_Legacy

BuzzJive_Legacy

We released Army Ranger Challenge not too long ago. It's a free app featuring 3 game modes - Obstacle Course, Spot Jump and Pugil Stick (it also uses OpenFeint.1.0.1a). Development started right around the time Unity 3.0 came out. It also released on iPhone of course and we've hacked together an XNA version for Windows Phone 7 that uses the .cs classes we wrote for the game. It obviously took more time to make it run on WP7 than it did to build the entire game for the other two platforms, seeing as how we started our engine from scratch.

But anyway, here's the info for the Android version:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/army-ranger-challenge/com.army.rangers?install

18. MightyRabbitStudios

MightyRabbitStudios

We released a game based off of Antoine Dodson's popular Bed Intruder video about two months ago that was developed in ~8 hours on the Unity Engine:

http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.mightyrabbitstudios.bedint

For some reason AppBrain thinks our game has adult content that violates the terms of the marketplace. It doesn't. It's actually cleaner than any given Bed Intruder soundboard, anyways...

It's not terribly exciting graphics-wise, but for a game made (and released) in the span of eight hours, it has some relatively fun gameplay.

We've been going back and forth with Antoine's manager to get sound clips and the song from the video in the game, but it probably won't ever happen. Not that Antoine is opposed to the game, he just hasn't sent back the contract I sent him three weeks ago. :(

(this game is also available on iOS devices)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  19. Wozik

Wozik

Army Ranger Challenge looks really good. Nice job. It's awesome that you made it for WM7 as well. And it's interesting to know your experience. What platform brings the most downloads for you?

MightyRabbitStudios, we're glad to hear that Unity helps to do a multiplatform game in 8 hours. Yay ;-)

Also we're aware of 40 released games now.

20. darthEez

darthEez

Our hit app from iOS, Memory Block, has been remade and improved with Unity and published for Android!

We're happy to finally have something on Android and even more happy to have made our first product with Unity. Our next big project is in the works with Unity.

----

Category 5 Games presents: Memory Block Memory Block Pro

Memory Block
    by Category 5 Games
    <50 downloads, 1 ratings (5 avg)
    Free

21. Wozik

Wozik

updated, thanks

22. Ian Stanbridge

Ian Stanbridge

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  23. Wozik

Wozik

thanks fro the update

24. spire8989

spire8989

Now that there is officially an Android Market online, you may want to switch the links to there.

Android Market

25. JoshOClock

JoshOClock

26. BuzzJive_Legacy

BuzzJive_Legacy

Our second multi-platform Unity game is out. It's a promo game for an upcoming A&E show called Breakout Kings. It's a 2D speed maze type game where you're trying to catch as many prisoners as you can in the time given. We've got OpenFeint leaderboards on both the Android and iOS versions of our game (we had to stick with the old OF 1.0.1 android libraries, due to some incompatibilities with the newer version and Unity). We also have a Windows Phone 7 port, which went significantly better this time due to having a pipeline in place and due to not being a 3D game. This time, our .cs scripts for the Unity version and the Windows Phone 7 version are identical (with a few #if UNITY_IPHONE, UNITY_ANDROID or WINDOWS_PHONE commands here and there).

All in all, this was an incredibly smooth 5 week project with a nice final product. We're very happy with the speed at which we can make not only prototypes, but finished and released games with Unity.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.aetv.breakout

27. Wozik

Wozik

Yepp, links to marketplace would be an awesome idea, yet time consuming. So may be a bit later

and both games are in the list. Thanks.

28. etoiles

etoiles

29. Wozik

Wozik

etoiles, awesome! Installing it and giving some 5-star ratings. Way cooler than Angry Birds.
    oh..and added to the game list =)

30. Curious

Curious

@BuzzJive,
    You are using something beside unity for windows phone, right?!

31. legion

legion

Very nice but with one problem, it's impossible to see where you aim.

32. Joshua_Falkner

Joshua_Falkner

33. spire8989

spire8989

That's made with Qualcomm AR, right? That's not legal to release until it's out of beta I thought?

34. Joshua_Falkner

Joshua_Falkner

You've raised a good question. I have written permission via private messages on the forum, but not in a formal email. I've gone ahead and unpublished the game while I wait for a formal response. Thanks for bringing that up!

35. Dan Fury

Dan Fury

Sadly you can't even post videos without a permission, here's the quote from the Qualcomm AR Forums:

I would also wait until the final version is released and all the red tape is obsolete, before you release a game with it on the market, it doesn't support many handsets at the moment and will hopefully be faster and more stable.

36. Santino

Santino

correct me if I'm wrong... these games have been released using the android beta? I'm wondering when will the full release come out? and why should I spend over £1000 if people are able to release games for free? am i missing something here?

in other words why ar beta testers aloud to have the honor of releasing titles before paid customers? I would have thought that beta testers would have been able to use it for testing not releasing. Shed some light this please..

37. Wozik

Wozik

Unity Android is rather a pre-release than a beta. And publishing (without a Trial Version banner) is available only with purchased Unity Android license. So far I am not aware of any game that was published without purchasing a license first.

38. havchr

havchr

39. Wozik

Wozik

havchr, thanks, added you and Samurai II

40. leebe

leebe

41. DaveG

DaveG

Our Dr Nano X game got approved for the new Amazon Android App store last night and will be included with the launching apps.

Here is the description of the game

Dr Nano X shrinks down to enter patients and blast dangerous nanotech and parasites. This 3D platformer is an adventure game with some of the most unusual environments and game play you will ever see!

In Dr. NanoX you will guide your player through some of the most "dangerous terrain" imaginable with dual stick controls, unusual scientific instruments, jetpack and even a submarine to blast the enemies to smithereens.

and a link to the IOS version. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dr-nano-x-incredible-voyage/id398001397?mt=8

42. albertdt6

albertdt6

Miku is a game created using the Unity 3D engine. The protagonist is Miku who will have to pass three levels to complete the game. Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android!

√ 3D game objects
    √ 3 different gameplays
    √ Available in Catalan and English
    √ Multitasking

Created by Albert Devesa Triscon as a Research Project.

Available for free on:
    App Store -> http://itunes.apple.com/es/app/miku-the-videogame/id417629154?mt=8
    Android Market -> https://market.android.com/details?id=cat.android.miku&feature=search_result

43. Wozik

Wozik

DaveG, congrats! Please update us with the link to your game when the Android appmarket is there.

and the list is updated. thanks.

44. JamesMobot

JamesMobot

Just uploaded Doodle Monster to the market.
    Although the launch icon is the unity box...... :confused:

Android Market Link

45. Wozik

Wozik

Doodle Monster is up there.

And once again, I'd like to remind that our marketings and big guys (think Sony Ericsson, Nvidia, Google, some review sites) use this list to pick up the good games for promotions.

Basically you could see the results at GDC: AirAttack, Samurai II and Cordy were available at a number of booths (Google, Nvidia, Unity, Sony Ericsson), lost of Unity games featured on the Marketplace and more of the good stuff coming.

So please, make us available of the awesome stuff you do. And if you already have the awesome stuff released to iOS and need some help with Android, feel free to email me at oleg@unity3d.com

46. Enzign

Enzign

47. Wozik

Wozik

joakim.hoglund, awesome art! I'd also encourage you to not use UnityGUI for in-game buttons for maximum performance on mobiles. Unity GUI may be good for in-game menus, but may slowdown the performance.

48. Enzign

Enzign

Thanks Wozik.

Yes, we did notice a slowdown with about 10 fps when using the OnGui function ingame. It was very late in the development process though, so we decided that it was good enough with about 40 fps on the HTC desire and a little more for iphone 3g. The iphone 4 is running on 60fps.
    We will probably be using EZGui for our next game. Looks like an awsome piece of software. It will be a more polished and advanced game. But we are happy with this one for our first production. Never used unity before, but it's sweet. :)

49. leebe

leebe

50. Wozik

Wozik

cute monsters listed. thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.