Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Desktop Wallpaper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vert, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Vert

Vert

Well, I am not sure how many of you out there are like me, but I love Unity so much that I wanted a desktop background to remind me to open it up more often to work on my game project. So I found a nice large logo and created a 1920x1080 desktop. The original is a .PSD in case anyone is interested I can upload it and you can make your own. If not, I hope someone else will enjoy this desktop I made as much as I am currently.

And yes, it is rather basic, but I was going for something sleek and simple with a dark color palette for easy viewing in low light late night work binges.

Preview is below. Full 1920x1080 file is zipped(.png format)

Attached Files:

2. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Brilliant, I use a black background but I think it is time for a change. Thanks dude.

3. hmacyt

hmacyt

I wish I could use that as the splash screen for unity free, the white is too bright on a dark bg.

4. moonman

moonman

cool.

Made a few extras.

Attached Files:

5. Vert

Vert

@killer1390: You're welcome. Glad I could add some spice to your desktop :)

Thanks moonman for the variants. Very nice color choices. Also in case anyone didn't check, my original is in the variant folder moonman uploaded.

I think I will modify a special gold version for when Unity 3 releases. When I find time I may upload some more and resurrect this thread if/when I do.

6. Vert

Vert

Here is the promised gold version of the desktop in honor of Unity 3 being released!

Attached Files:

7. zergmouse

zergmouse

here is the one I amde and have been using... It is vector based as well so you can scale the original logo that I made up to any size.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  8. Vert

Vert

Awesome desktop zergcow! It seems that it has been reformatted with the upload as the file attached is a jpg. I will probably be using your design for a while. I love that shade of blue.

9. zergmouse

zergmouse

oh no that one is jpg... the original is a photoshop file with several vector layers that allow me to scale it up and down to fit my size needs.

I am actually using it to make a logo for the Houston Untiy Group :) Kindof like the Boston Unity Group only ours is HUG not BUG ...

10. dkozar

dkozar

I'm looking for Unity3D vector logo. Where can I get it?

.ai, .eps etc. should be appropriate formats..

11. makan

makan

I love it after i make my fist game with it :p

12. RGKD

RGKD

zergcow thanks for your contribution, the image looks great on my desktop. Like the original poster I too hope this will add that bit more motivation to get cracking on whatever Unity development problem I have facing me at the time.

13. EmadGh

EmadGh

I saw that what you are doing. So I decide to design Unity Logo and share it with you to use. Its a shape. so you can resize it to any size you want without loosing quality. Good Job.

View attachment $UNITY%203D%20LOGO.zip

14. EmadGh

EmadGh

15. Lamont

Lamont

All these desktops and no one has one with a lens-flare? For shame!!

16. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Hey all, I'm finally back on the forums after way, way way too long of an absence. But that's a separate story related to how busy I was last year traveling on behalf of the company. Ablog post and forum update on that is forthcoming, but as a teaser I'll note that I logged over 75k frequent flier miles while speaking at 20+ conferences/events last year alone. This year? I'm expecting even more...

But getting back on topic, I have a whole bunch of Unity desktops that I use as I'm heavy into this sort of stuff, I should be as I'm on the road constantly using my laptop at conferences events, giving demos, etc. FWIW, my backgrounds are almost always on top of black or dark screens and I have desktop and mobile wallpapers to share, and soon I'll even have boot animations for rooted Android phones, custom login screen graphics for desktop machines, etc. The long term (mostly personal) goal is to develop a whole range of theme-ware around Unity (custom icons, desktops/wallpapers, loading/screensaver animations, and on and on...). We'll see how long that takes as it's all being done on personal time as it's a pet project more than an official work one. But I digress a bit too much, let me seed y'all with a few of the desktops I've used to whet your appetite, I'll have a whole bunch more in the coming days/weeks.

Ready? Let's go...

1. Unity 3 logo served over carbon fiber
    2. Unity Bolts
    3. A Bootcamp teaser

All of the above are 1920x1200 and I'll be sharing a variety of source materials as soon as I get it all organized and put together as I have a lot (a LOT) more scattered about. And then we haven't even touched on my other efforts, I'm designing my own custom business cards, some patches and stickers, and more.

How's that for a first post in 2011? Hopefully it doesn't suck...

Attached Files:

17. 3dDude

3dDude

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  18. MrDude

MrDude

LOL... I would love to have that one with the moon with the Unity logo formed by the shadows/craters in the moon...
    Silly, but sort of a "Look, Mommy, I can see the Unity in the moon. I can. Honest"
    Perhaps attach a fishing rod to the bottom of the Unity logo... :)

Question, last time I used Windows it had the option of using a web page as a desktop background so I had this image of a moon and the lyrics of "Fly me to the moon" scroll inside a small section of the screen... Does anyone here have any animated Unity desktops? I am seeing the Unity in the moon with a fishing rod and some animated ripples where the line goes into the water and the rod twitching every 2 or 3 seconds... But that's just me... :p

19. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

That feature was called "active desktop" and it's no longer supported (it was present in XP but removed in both Vista and Win7). I'm certain that there are other 3rd party animated desktop solutions out there, but I'm just not sure if there's anything out there that would load/play Unity content in any way (via HTML/web player files or otherwise).

20. Raedwulf

Raedwulf

Some of these are just what I was looking for. Hard to find 1080p or bigger that will still display correctly on a smaller second screen as well.

21. Dee Va

Dee Va

22. Master-of-Games

Master-of-Games

What about this ?
    $Unity for Solder.jpg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  23. sphericPrawn

sphericPrawn

Here's another one:

1920x1080:
    $wallpaperUnity_1920_1080.png

1440x900:
    $wallpaperUnity_1440_900.png

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    rakkarage likes this.
  24. Virtual_Jack

Virtual_Jack

1920x1080

Attached Files:

25. derkoi

derkoi

You love Unity so much you need reminding to open it and work on your project? Try needing to be reminded to do other things like spend time with family. ;)