Unity Community

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Vertex Painter

Do the texture blend painting only work on terrains?

How is the performance on mobile.

Also, can the results be converted to a texture2d for saving?

2. Location
    Orlando, FL
    @ina:

Texture Blend painting works on custom imported meshes as well as primitives.

The performance on mobile depends on what device you are using. I believe there are some performance numbers from someone who tested them. Not sure if they are somewhere in this thread, or in the other thread (there are two threads).

The results can't be converted into a texture2d at this time.
    No more Tiled Textures! - Vertex Painter with blend shaders for painting meshes
    [ Vertex Painter 2 released! ] with desktop and mobile blend shaders:
    --> Click Here <--
    Also Available on the Unity Asset Store
    --> Click Here <--

3. Posts
    I Have a problem :

When you paint Red Color and then Blue Color on the Red ones They should turn into Purple Same as green and blur they should turn into Yellow .

This the way that UDK Vetrx painter works . but In this tool It's kinda weird that there are no color combination and the color just replace with each other .

That hurts alot .

4. Location
    Orlando, FL
    Try checking the box that says "Blend Colors", that will blend the colors rather than overwrite them.
    --> Click Here <--
    --> Click Here <--

Do you have suggestions how how to save the resulting image, since it can't use the savetopng() method from texture2d?

Quote Originally Posted by reissgrant View Post
    @ina:

The results can't be converted into a texture2d at this time.

6. Location
    Orlando, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by ina View Post
    Do you have suggestions how how to save the resulting image, since it can't use the savetopng() method from texture2d?
    I'm not sure what you mean.

A texture of the resulting blend between the different textures? Is that what you're after?
    --> Click Here <--
    --> Click Here <--

Quote Originally Posted by reissgrant View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean.

A texture of the resulting blend between the different textures? Is that what you're after?

Yes, how do you save the resulting texture from the blends and other manipulations?

8. Location
    Orlando, FL
    Off hand, I don't know of a way. I'll have to get back to you on that!
    --> Click Here <--
    --> Click Here <--

9. Location
    Greece
    Does anybody know how to make the mobile shader to support lightmaps?

10. Location
    Orlando, FL
    @elias_t:

I sent out an email yesterday to all customers with a link to a new package with updates. PM me your email if you did not receive it. In the package is a mobile lightmap shader.
    --> Click Here <--
    --> Click Here <--

11. Posts
    Beast Light Mapping won't work with vertex painted meshes?

12. Location
    Orlando, FL
    I include a mobile shader that allows blending with BEAST lightmaps.
    --> Click Here <--
    --> Click Here <--

13. Posts
    Hi Reissgrant, great tool! I was just curious before purchasing; is the vertex color data for editor/display purposes only? We'd like a tool like this for painting shadows on assets on mobile platforms. Generally, vertex color data is much cheaper than large lightmap textures, and the clarity is lost when dealing with big scenes and memory budgets. A tool like this would allow us to go through the level and paint the areas of shadow/radiosity instead of depending on beast or external lightmap textures.

Could you confirm that such a workflow can be accomplished using this? Again it's more along the lines that we would like to set the vertex color to something dark and shadow-like and paint along edges and intersections. I heard you make mention of performance on the devices, but is there anything else you've noticed with how this is handled? Off the top of my head there's no reason for this to run slower than a 1024x1024 lightmap texture when lighting a room, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

14. Location
    Orlando, FL
    Kovac, thanks for the interest!

The vertex painter modifies the vertex color outside of the editor as well. So, if you would like to paint the colors black for shadows, they will show up black at runtime (assuming you're using a vertex color shader that will display the actual vertex color). Any other questions please let me know!
    --> Click Here <--
    --> Click Here <--

15. Location
    Novo mesto
    Hi there,

First of all the tool is awsome, but we found a bug. If i click See vertex colors the mesh does not change. I am using unity 3.5

Kind regards,

Jernej

16. Posts
    awesome, how can i get this, cuese there's just one link in the first post and there when i click purchase with paypal i'm getting an error!
    Last edited by imantexas; 03-21-2012 at 04:46 AM.

17. Location
    France
    Hi !

A long time ago i've bought a version from your website, that was the only way to obtain it. Now i saw that you had it on the assetstore, how can i have the assetstore version now ?

18. Location
    Orlando, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by i-tech View Post
    Hi there,

First of all the tool is awsome, but we found a bug. If i click See vertex colors the mesh does not change. I am using unity 3.5

Kind regards,

Jernej
    Jernej, did you buy through the asset store or through the website? There is a fix for this with the latest release.
    --> Click Here <--
    --> Click Here <--

19. Location
    Orlando, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by imantexas View Post
    awesome, how can i get this, cuese there's just one link in the first post and there when i click purchase with paypal i'm getting an error!
    It's available on my website in my sig, or through Unity's Asset Store
    --> Click Here <--
    --> Click Here <--

20. Location
    Orlando, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewinn View Post
    Hi !

A long time ago i've bought a version from your website, that was the only way to obtain it. Now i saw that you had it on the assetstore, how can i have the assetstore version now ?
    I emailed all customers a download link with the latest and greatest version, so if you didn't receive it, email me from the paypal purchase email and I will send it out again
    --> Click Here <--
    --> Click Here <--

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast