Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity webplayer update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tatelax, Sep 6, 2010.

1. tatelax

tatelax

Is there an update for the web player plugin? I was trying to play a game and a box came up wanted me to allow access to the Unity web player update (im on windows 7.) So I allowed it access then on the game screen it said failed and had a link to to download the web player manually and it said, "Update manually" So I did it manually and it looks like nothing has changed. I still cant play!

2. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Which game you're trying to play? Is that game built with a pre-release Unity 3.0 version by chance? If so, it won't work until Unity 3.0 is released.

3. tatelax

tatelax

4. saymoo

saymoo

if you press the error details link, you'll get a popup, with more info about the given error.

Mine says:

Unity Web Player update finished, but installed revision (3006005) is less than required revision (3007007). Please reinstall.

so my guess is that the link to the webapp is based on the 3.0 release of Unity.

5. tatelax

tatelax

Heres what it says when I click error details.

6. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Yes, indeed, someone put up a game made with pre-release 3.0 version on the internet.

They have been warned that this is not going to work, but oh well.

7. thempus

thempus

It's working for me, with the unity beta 3 logo in the corner :), i have beta 7

Any news about web player crashing using Chrome?

8. Hazooka

Hazooka

My project is made in free Unity 2.6.1, last edited long before 3.0 showed up, no early beta versions instaled. Recently I have updated the webplayer to 3.0.0f5, and I have this message:

"A newer version of Unity Web Player is required, but the auto-update download failed. Was trying to download http://webplayer.unity3d.com/autodownload_webplugin-3.x/UnityPlayer2.x.x-i386.bundle.zip"

I have reinstalled the webplayer once again, and once again, and no difference. I have also installed the newest Unity free version and still the same error.
    What can I do with it?

9. andeeeee

andeeeee

Is this occurring with any particular browser or all the ones you've tried on your machine?

10. Hazooka

Hazooka

It happens in FF and Safari. I only have these two browsers.

11. Joe-Robins

Joe-Robins

Unity Technologies

12. sabalo639

sabalo639

um im playing fusion fall in firefox and unity keeps crashing like when im in fullscreen right when i get to move my character it crashes but when im not in fullscreen and im playing like 1 hour later after i get to move my character it crashes can you help me?