Unity Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TrackIR Support

1. Location
    Sweden

TrackIR Support

Hello,
    I've been playing around with the TrackIR SDK and have gotten Unity running with Track IR Support. There is support for full 6DOF as can be seen in the little clip. When Natural Point has given their ok on the implementation I'll post the plugin for download. Until then here's a small clip so I can claim bragging rights :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA_e_XcoQhM

Tobias Boogh
    ByBrick Interface

2. Posts
    There must be something in the Nordic water, as there appears to be a higher than average concentration of skilled programmers in the region.

3. Location
    Bay Area Hobbyist
    Any word from Natural Point on this? TrackIR is great... and Unity support for it would be awesome.

4. Location
    Sweden
    Word from them is that it's in, I'll be uploading the source and a little tutorial to implement on monday when i'm back at the office.

5. Location
    Greece
    Cool! That will be useful.

6. Location
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
    Word from them is that it's in, I'll be uploading the source and a little tutorial to implement on monday when i'm back at the office.
    Brilliant, can't wait to play with it. Thanks

7. Posts
    Fantastic news!! Canīt wait to test it!!

8. Posts
    Really interested in this. What's the latest?

9. Posts
    So is this project dead? I see in the updated game profiles for Track IR that a 'Unity 3D plugin' is now supported but as yet there's nowhere to get said plugin... Anyone?

10. Posts
    Hey,

Any updates on this?

11. Posts
    I've been doing some heavy looking into the Track IR and other 3D/ Virtual reality/ Immersion hardware and it's great to see development in Unity towards this area. We have the skills and technology for the total immersion that was so ambitiously striven towards in the 80's; even as they lacked the ability to do it. And yet it seems like there is no longer a heavy focus towards it.

12. Posts
    Hi, Tobbe.

Did you succeded in developing the unity3d trackIR plugin?

13. Posts
    Gah sooo frustrating, the plugin appears in the TrackIR software as "Unity 3D Plugin" so as far as naturalpoint are concerned it works enough for them to test and support it, but the plugin itself is nowhere to be seen...

Anyone at UT know anything about this? After all this time I'm sure it's dead like disco, but it seems daft to have to get the SDK from naturalpoint, write a trackR plugin for unity and go through their submission process to get it accepted when they already have one on there that HAS been accepted.

14. Location
    Sweden

Sorry and here it is

Hello guys, sorry for being so secret about this.The plugin with a demo scene is available here at github for download. Usage is pretty straight forward and it shouldn't be any problem.

/Tobbe

15. Posts
    Yay!

Glad this saw the light of day after all, thanks Tobbe, are there any conditions for using this commercially?

16. Location
    Berlin
    Does it require pro?
    Last edited by VIC20; 02-26-2012 at 11:12 PM.

17. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
    Hello guys, sorry for being so secret about this.The plugin with a demo scene is available here at github for download. Usage is pretty straight forward and it shouldn't be any problem.

/Tobbe
    Hi, ,nice work !
    I've downloaded the package and open it in a new project but it doesn't seems to work.
    What should we do ? Maybe some quick explications will be usefull for everyone.

18. Posts
    Works for me. What are you trying to do, what isnt working?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast