Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Visual Logic Editor (Antares VIZIO) : (video screens)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Neodrop, Sep 1, 2010.

1. p6r

p6r

Thanks PAX... It works with the update.

I have looked at your videos (beginners)...
    Why do I need "so many" blocks to rotate a cube ? Why not simply a block with Update and one of the Rotate blocks !?!
    What is this element : "This Get" ???

6R

2. EmadGh

EmadGh

P6R you can use "Smart Blocks -> Transform -> Per second -> Rotate per second".

With this Get you select a Component that exist in current gameObject like "Collider,transform,rigidbody,...".
    In your scripts you right "gameObject.collider, gameObject.transform, ..." or just "collider,transform,...".

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  3. PAX

PAX

@emadgh thanks for answer.

I think in next update we will introduce experimental feature - most of MonoBehaviour events can be received in any LB. Example:

PHP:
    [MonoBehaviourEvent(MonoBehaviourEventType.Update)]
    public 
    void Update(params object[] parametres)
    {

}
    all event methods should be with this semantic:
    PHP:
    public void MethodName(params object[] parametres)
    and marked with MonoBehaviourEvent attribute with event type.

This will can help to create blocks, what works without triggers and generate events like activators. That would be something like a Unity components.
    For example - LB which draw button and generates OnClick event without creating any activators

4. Neodrop

Neodrop

Also VIZIO >> Transform >> Transform Do >> Rotate have trigger "Per second". Probably, you just looking old code

$Rotate per second.jpg

5. Neodrop

Neodrop

Universe has updated in the Asset Store

6. Neodrop

Neodrop

7. bigSky

bigSky

Is 100 dollars the discounted price, or the final price? I remember reading in this thread that the beta, get in early, initial price would be 50 and the final price "not more than 100"?

8. Neodrop

Neodrop

No. We never set our price to 50$ Sorry.
    100$ is a discount price for open-beta period (about 1 month).
    And, current price is nothing for such environment. Are you disagree ?

9. bigSky

bigSky

I do not disagree - VIZIO is phenomenal. Congratulations.

10. MitchStan

MitchStan

For someone like me who never engaged in node based programming, we need a full blown manual for this with plenty of examples. There's not much on the VIZIO forum in terms of the very basics.

11. Neodrop

Neodrop

Post your request and we will explain it with demos.

12. MitchStan

MitchStan

I'm studying all your examples now ... I'm just lost. I need to make the jump to understanding node based programming. I'm more comfortable with text based right now. Don't get me wrong - I love what you have done here - I just wish I had a better grasp of how to make it all work. Time will help.

13. Neodrop

Neodrop

I think, you don't must to break yourself. I recommend to you : start writing your own Smart Blocks and use it in visual environment. All will more clearly for you in this way.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  14. MitchStan

MitchStan

Good advice.

15. Neodrop

Neodrop

Deferred lighting in Unity is a real fantastic! (two screens from my little hobby project)

$deferredLighting.jpg

$fireballGraph.jpg

16. sam1234

sam1234

Has anyone figured out how to resize the window on a Mac? It is practically useless as you can not see the panel on the right hand side.

17. Neodrop

Neodrop

Use Settings button in left-top corner of Universe window. I realy don't know why it is impossible to resize the window in MacOS X but you can resize it in Settings :

$settingsWindow.jpg

18. Maurice-Hoffman

Maurice-Hoffman

Hello Neodrop, once there was said to make the 3d platform tutorial in Universe ? Is it still coming ? You can use the tutorial guide to explain universe to the noob. Maybe you can do this also for the fps tutorial ?

19. Neodrop

Neodrop

The main question is the time. This tutorial was created by one of our friends. But his work is not finished and I'm not sure when it will be done.
    May be I'll do it by myself, but close to the May, I think.

20. rahuxx

rahuxx

Hi Neodrop,

Is it possible to make a cursor, that takes place on screen as per objects Z position, on which it is at that moment.

I mean to say it should change it's z position according to the object's z position on which it is pointing.

rahu

21. Neodrop

Neodrop

This is like request or question?
    If it is a question : yes, it possible. And there is some different ways to do it.
    If it is a request : May be, but I can't say when, because I don't understood clearly why(?).

22. ROCFriesePoort

ROCFriesePoort

Hi Neodrop,

Frequently I get this error when constructing a graph:

"Logic block with name Antares.Vizio.UnityEngineBlocks.ComponentCompareTagDo already exists in Antaras.Vizion.Runtime, Version-1.0.0.0, Culture=n eutral, PublicKeyToken=null"

Can you please explain what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

23. Neodrop

Neodrop

Download a new package from AssetStore or by trial link. This is already fixed.

24. Neodrop

Neodrop

Added a cool feature - custom icons and labels for GameObjects which own a Graph
    All Gizmo settings can be easy changed in runtime (Texture, Label text text color).

$CustomGizmos.jpg

$CustomGizmosInGameView.jpg

$CustomGizmosSettings.jpg

25. Aron

Aron

This looks pretty sweet. One question: how much file size if any does this add to a iOS/Web build?

26. Neodrop

Neodrop

Right now we work over file size stripping for iOS. Should be comprehensible.

For WEB it's about 0.5 mb in .unity3d compressed file.

27. juan-jo

juan-jo

Even cooler than Playmaker's :cool:

28. SimonAlkemade

SimonAlkemade

I get an error when I try to build for the iPhone. This is the error I get:

Exception: Error building Player: UnityException: Failed AOT cross compiler: /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/BuildTargetTools/iPhonePlayer/mono-xcompiler --aot=full,asmonly,nodebug,static,outfile="Antares.Vizio.UnityEngineBlocks.dll.s" "Antares.Vizio.UnityEngineBlocks.dll" current dir : /Users/simonalkemade/iOStest/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed std=
    output:
    Mono Ahead of Time compiler - compiling assembly /Users/simonalkemade/iOStest/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Antares.Vizio.UnityEngineBlocks.dll
    The class UnityEngine.DetailPrototype could not be loaded, used in UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    The class UnityEngine.jvalue could not be loaded, used in UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    The class UnityEngine.Vector2 could not be loaded, used in UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    The class UnityEngine.Vector3 could not be loaded, used in UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    The class UnityEngine.Vector2 could not be loaded, used in UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    The class System.SystemException could not be loaded, used in mscorlib, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e
    * Assertion at mini-arm.c:4889, condition `exc_class' not met

result file exists: False
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.BuildPlayerWithDefaultSettings (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions forceOptions)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.GUIBuildButtons (Boolean enableBuildButton, Boolean enableBuildAndRunButton, Boolean canInstallInBuildFolder)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.ShowBuildTargetSettings ()
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName)
    UnityEditor.HostView.OnGUI ()

29. Neodrop

Neodrop

Simon, did you have our special iOS runtime dll ?
    Standart package can't be compilled for iOS without it.

30. 3Duaun

3Duaun

the new custom gizmo feature lookin very cool!

31. zeldafan_mimo

zeldafan_mimo

hmm what happened to the antares Cutscene editor ? Or is ther ea tutorial to do Cutscenes in Vizio too ?

32. Neodrop

Neodrop

Work in progress. In this month we will publish it.
    Cutscene Editor is a separate product, but we will create the bridge between Universe Cutscenes

33. SimonAlkemade

SimonAlkemade

No I don't have a the separate iOS DLL as far as I know. How can I obtain it?

34. Neodrop

Neodrop

Can you connect with me in Skype ? iOS dll currently in development. Works well, but the build size are too big for iOS apps. That because we are not share it public now.
    But soon all by fixed.

Beta- iOS dll will be included in the next Universe build (1-2 days) for testing purposes.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  35. Dreamora

Dreamora

Assuming you conclude the too big from linker errors: Ensure to not have debugger enabled for iOS builds (not even if "dev build" is disabled) cause it doubles+ the size of the build causing the dreaded linker error when you go beyond the max size pretty directly if you don't have micro corelib stripping

36. Neodrop

Neodrop

New feature : Gizmos Runtime Console. (in next build 1.03(beta))

You can display on screen any info which you need for debugging your application.
    There's a group of blocks Workflow->Gizmos->Gizmos Console for that purpose.

$GizmosConsole.jpg

$GizmosConsoleInSceneView.jpg

$GizmosConsoleSoEasy.jpg

37. Neodrop

Neodrop

One more complexity screenshot :

$GizmosConsoleMoreComplex.jpg

38. EmadGh

EmadGh

Gizmos are really Nice. I like it !

39. jjnstn

jjnstn

Purchased and playing with it. Awesome! Thank you for all the hard work!

40. Dreamora

Dreamora

Bought it too.
    Its pretty interesting but too much in my head, so its not flexible enough to wrap it around this thingy :D

41. Neodrop

Neodrop

The Universe just was born. New galaxies and stars of our users will arise in it.
    Thanks all who has believed in our work and in infinity of our Universe.
    I see a lot of interesting work in the future.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  42. zeldafan_mimo

zeldafan_mimo

Is there a Forum where i can keep Up to date with the Cutscene editor too ? i cant seem to find it :(

43. JohnyZuper

JohnyZuper

It trust this will be fixed when thorough documentation is released.

Speaking of which, how similar is Universe to Virtools?
    Would Virtools documentation help to understand how to work with Universe?

I've purchased this too, of course, if only to support the developers. Visual programming is essential for doing artistically creative work like ours and the fact that you can actually change the program while the game is running is perfect!
    (I must admit that without Universe, I'd probably stop using Unity.)

44. Dreamora

Dreamora

Oh the problem is not the documentation or alike actually, I think the tool is rather easy to use.
    my problem is my head is that full and focused right now (crunch) that I just don't have spare resources there to learn something this flexible and powerfull "for fun" as my thinking structures wouldn't line up to its working atm :)

45. Neodrop

Neodrop

Right now, by some reasons, I can't say more. But soon it will be changed.

Our Editor is not a clone of Kismet, Virtools, Quest3D or something also. Universe is compeitely original product, but we have a group of blocks, which are have a similar functionality as Virtools BB's
    This logic blocks is live in VT folder and well builtin documented.

46. juan-jo

juan-jo

Must be admitted that Universe is really great for being a first version of a product, and we can literally watch it grow day by day. And Neodrop support and his team is excellent, incomparable with any other tool I have used (lets hope that can continue so during the existence of Universe)

@JohnyZuper: It seems that we miss Quest3D. Hope that will change with this thing

47. JohnyZuper

JohnyZuper

Indeed!
    I miss Quest3D's realtime visual programming. Unity's code&compile-interface to programming is destructive for my creativity.
    Looks like Universe will correct this problem! :)

48. juan-jo

juan-jo

It is a very important question.

The key is not only in the visual matter, but in its combination with real-time programming.
    This allows an almost intuitive approach to the programming process, unthinkable with text-based programming.

With Quest3D I do not remember doing a single diagram or outline before I start programming.
    In fact, do the planning, prototype and production is a single continuous process.
    And always much faster and more productive than the old textual programming.

I hope Universe will continue in this visual+realtime direction.

49. Neodrop

Neodrop

Sure, our editor will always works in Play mode and always allow to save your work from realtime to edit mode. It's one from our key-features.
    Like in this small video : http://livestre.am/H49h

50. JohnyZuper

JohnyZuper

Excellent!
    Thank you so much for putting this together.
    The impact of Universe on the artistic quality of interactive works could be tremendous!