Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime31 Unity Plugins Officially Live! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giza

giza

@Prime31, Sorry that's SDK version 5.0.8 dated 28 March 2012.

2. prime31

prime31

@giza, it looks like AbMob requires the MessageUI.framework. Add it to your Xcode project and the error should disappear.

3. giza

giza

@prime31, thanks that was it! Problem sorted!

4. giza

giza

@prime31. Although the MessageUI.framework solved the build problem I get the following error in xCode when trying to run an AdMob ad after getting "Fetching Ad Network Type: admob_native":

Code (csharp):
    1. Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException',
    2. reason: '+[CJSONDeserializer deserializerWithNullObject:]: unrecognized selector sent to class 0x10a6a20'
    What might be causing this?

5. prime31

prime31

@giza, anything using CJSON is internal to the SDK. You will need to open a bug report with the AdWhirl crew to get to the bottom of that error.

6. giza

giza

OK. I'll do that. Thanks for the feedback.

7. spartan

spartan

@prime31, after adding iCloud plugin to the project, my app is crashing on iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2
    "dyld: Symbol not found: _NSMetadataItemFSNameKey"
    "Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation"
    Tue Apr 17 23:15:47 unknown kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[237] Builtin profile: container (sandbox)
    Tue Apr 17 23:15:47 unknown kernel[0] <Debug>: launchd[237] Container: /private/var/mobile/Applications/75A4FF88-96AF-4950-962A-970762719943 [69] (sandbox)

Unity 3.4.2, iOS SDK 5

8. prime31

prime31

@spartan, for older iOS version support set Foundation.framework to be weak linked in Xcode. The latest version of the plugin does this for you so be sure to update as well.

9. aarora2

aarora2

Hello all,

I am using the Native ToolKit plugin. But when i make the build of Xcode then it shows the error as shown below:-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    "__nativeToolkitActivateUIWithController", referenced from:
    __Z19RegisterMonoModulesv in RegisterMonoModules.o
    "__nativeToolkitDeactivateUI", referenced from:
    "__nativeToolkitInit", referenced from:
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have add the PostProcessBuildPlayer by using the following command in the Terminal but no success.
    These are the commands:-

chmod a+x PostprocessbuildPlayer
    chmod a+x PostprocessbuildPlayer_NativeToolkit

I am using the Xcode 4.3.2 version and unity3d 3.4.2 version.

Please help me my project is under severe deadline.

Thanks,

10. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

Hi Prime! Question regarding the gameCenter plugins. seems 2 basic things are needed: the gameCenter ID and the leaderBoard ID.
    The leader board ID seems to need to be something simple like "Score". But where does the plugin get the gameCenterID from
    (I was provided with one following the format of com.companyname.gamename.gc.global ) - do I just need to have com.companyname.gamename as the bundle identifier and the plugin will figure out the rest?

11. pgomes

pgomes

Hello Prime,
    I'm using the Storekit pluggin and have all Storekit operations in a single scene.
    I have an object with a StoreKitManager script. Is there any inconvenient in removing the "DontDestroyOnLoad" call on Awake since I only use it in that scene?

Currently I'm getting one duplicate of the StoreKitManager object every time I enter the scene. Can such duplication cause problems?

I might use the singleton approach taken here:
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/11314/audio-or-music-to-continue-playing-between-scene-c.html

12. unisip

unisip

Hey, I'm considering buying the 'Camera and Video Texture' plug-in to add the camera's input as a background in my app. I just wanted to check that this plugin works with iPad3? (in fact, I'm still compiling with XCode 4.2 on Snow Leopard).

13. akwok

akwok

Hello,in FlurryManager.cs, there is a static event "videoDidFinishEvent", i am wondering if we can use Flurry AppCircle clips with this plugin? (otherwise wht is this static event for?)

14. prime31

prime31

@aarora, the NativeToolkit plugin was discontinued a while back and is severely out of date. We do not provide support for it anymore.

@yuri, all leader board and achievement information is manually setup by you in iTunes connect.

@pgames, we usually recommend adding the *Managers to your initial loading scene but it is also totally fine to remove the DontDestroyOnLoad and leave one in only the scene it is required in.

@unisip, the plugin is compatible with any iOS device that has a camera.

@akwok, Flurry Clips is only available directly from Flurry by invitation. The AppCircle SDK does have videos which is what the event is for. See the docs for the details.

15. fgielow

fgielow

Hello!

I bought yesterday the "Mobclix with Admob and Millenial Support" plugin for iOS.

I would like to know if it can handle iAd and AdMob Ads by simply enabling these networks on Mobclix.
    I have enabled them on the Mobclix Dashboard, as seen here: http://cl.ly/1U1A2t1n3H1c321s0o12
    Is this enough to have Ads from iAd and AdMob served to my App, as long as it has my Moblix App Key?

Thanks in advance.

16. EricD

EricD

I've been getting errors with the storekit plugin for mac during apple's review:

We're just using the plugin. What is going wrong?

17. prime31

prime31

@fgielow, it looks like your setup is good to go for iAds.

@eric, I haven't seen Apple require validation before. That is a new one. Sounds like you will need to call the validation methods after each purchase.

18. EricD

EricD

That it what we're doing. Still getting rejected.

19. prime31

prime31

@eric, you may want to respond to Apple letting them know you are validating. I'm not sure what else they are expecting you to do.

20. EricD

EricD

I've been sending build after build to apple and they keep rejecting because of this. It appears your plugin just won't do the trick anymore. I'm forced to remove in app purchasing from my app, because I'm not willing to spent another week on this.

21. bobgar

bobgar

I have a few twitter related questions with regards to the iOS social plugins.

First, is there a good way to *Stay logged in* between app closings? It seems like other games (Scramble with Friends for instance) do this, but the plugin seems to make me OAuth every time (though now it just makes me reauth the app not actually log in). I considered seeing if I could get XAuth access for my app and then just storing the username and password people enter, but that seems a bit sketchy. Is there a good path so that users don't have to log in each time they load the app? Am I missing something?

I was also thinking if I could get handles to the oauth returns I might be able to store the access tokens.

Here is another thing I'd like to be able to do, though this may be out of the scope of twitter. For Facebook I partially verify identity of users by sending their auth token to my server and having it do graph calls to pull the users information. Is there any similar flow possible for Twitter? Are there access tokens I can grab and do this kind of back end validation with? I couldn't see this kind of thing and what I read made me think it was unlikely that this is a supported flow but figured I'd throw it out there.

22. prime31

prime31

@bobgar, the Twitter access token is persisted in the same fashion as the FB one. You can use the isLoggedIn method to see if there is one stored (presuming that you dont ever clear PlayerPrefs). The token string is stored in the "kLoggedInUser" pref.

23. bobgar

bobgar

D'oh!

I was deleting all player prefs on app start up for testing reasons. It all makes sense now!

24. Dreamora

Dreamora

I've the same problem with the April 11th version.
    All working fine when I use the dialog to post but the login path with auth token etc completely fails. Its never logged in and never gets a token nor is the callback fired.

This happens on iPad2 @ iOS 5.1 with FB app installed and the up to date XCode from MAS with up to date OSX 10.7.x running Unity 3.5.1f2

After basically hunting for the reason on why it does not work for half a day I also finally have the reason that lead to this tragedy:

The new FB login that relays through the FB application will only work if your application is set to run in background (ie you must NOT click the "Exit on Suspend" checkbox in the player settings, no matter what, or it will simply not work any longer!

Can you please add this little day breaking requirement to the SocialNetwork plugin docs page prime? :)

PS: For your own sanity in the future you might also want to add
    Code (csharp):
    1. // For iOS 4.2+ support
    2. - (BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application openURL:(NSURL *)url
    3.   sourceApplication:(NSString *)sourceApplication annotation:(id)annotation {
    5.     BOOL res = [[FacebookManager sharedManager] handleOpenURL:url];
    7.     return res;
    8. }
    to the AppController category overload at the bottom of FacebookManager.mm as handleOpenURL is deprecated since iOS 4.2

25. prime31

prime31

@dreamora, good spot on the exits on suspend. I just added a note to the docs. As for application:handleOpenURL: it definitely is not deprecated. The note in the header file just says: "Will be deprecated at some point..." I suppose it can't hurt to move over to the newer method when compiling against 4.2+. We will put it in the next update.

26. giza

giza

Updated to the newest MoPub SDK and it's working fine now!

27. fgielow

fgielow

Hello!

I am running ads through "Mobclix with Admob and Millenial Support" and when I click on a displayed Ad, it will open a website/appstore correctly, but when I come back to my app, which got to background, it crashes.

I am running it on an iPad with iOS 5.1.

The app runs perfectly fine without Ads and also without any crashes when entering background and returning to foreground.

Is this a known issue? How should I proceed? My app cannot crash everytime the user clicks an Ad :/

As a side note, I found these references, which may be related:
    http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/forum/topic/30419
    http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#qa/qa1766/_index.html

I must say that I get the exact same traceback from the second reference:

Code (csharp):
    1. -> applicationDidResignActive()
    2. -> applicationDidEnterBackground()
    3. -> applicationWillEnterForeground()
    4. -> applicationDidBecomeActive()
    9. -> applicationDidResignActive()
    10. -> applicationDidEnterBackground()
    11. (gdb) where
    12. #0  0x37e50094 in gpus_ReturnNotPermittedKillClient ()
    13. #1  0x37e500b4 in gpus_KillClient ()
    14. #2  0x37e505c0 in gpusSubmitDMABuffers ()
    15. #3  0x32ad6536 in SubmitPacketsIfAny ()
    16. #4  0x32ad665a in glrFlushContextToken ()
    17. #5  0x30bf1c50 in gliPresentViewES ()
    18. #6  0x362476ba in -[EAGLContext presentRenderbuffer:] ()
    19. #7  0x011ffe9a in EAGLContext_presentRenderbuffer ()
    20. #8  0x000a1da8 in start ()
    (Between lines 1 and 4 I just entered background and returned to my app without clicking in any ads,
    on line 9 I clicked on an Ad, so my app resigned active mode and entered background)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  28. Dreamora

Dreamora

The note in the header might potentially imply that but the iOS SDK docs at least per iOS 5.1 - XCode 4.3.2 have the bolded DEPRECATED ... etc next to it so I would assume that 6.0 at latest will cut it.

Due to how these handlers work though, thats all no problem and little work as nothing needs moving or complicated handling :)
    Just add the new one next to the other one and it will use it on 4.2+ devices while falling back to the old one on the old devices (iOS is likely internally checking for selector presence like their good practice guides point it out as expected usage pattern for us iOS devs too).

29. Dragonian

Dragonian

30. RenoRosco

RenoRosco

Hi Prime,

We are currently using your iCloud Plugin (as well as many others^^) and want to give you some feedback.

We use an additional layer to implement different storage options for different platforms and alle take an default parameter like the PlayerPrefs itself does. This parameter is missing in your P31Prefs class and it would be cool if you add it in the near future. We added them now by ourself but for future updates it would be nice.
    Also we dont know how iCloud itself handles requests where no key is set so we currently asking if a key exists in iclound and return the default otherwise. This additional check seems a bit pointless if native iCloud would support default values but i dont know if it does.

EDIT: ohh and there is no "DeleteAll" function. dont know if it is not possible to implement it but for development purposes it would be nice.

31. prime31

prime31

@fgielow, I can't seem to reproduce what you are seeing. From the looks of the stack trace it would appear Unity is attempting to access the GPU while in the background which is grounds for immediate termination. Have you opened a big report with Unity about that yet?

@dragonarian, I believe you are saying login isn't working for you. If that is the case check all the usual suspects: URL scheme setup properly, bundle ID setup on Facebook web page, app ID correct, etc.

@reno, iCloud doesn't have a delete method nor do they have default values.

32. fgielow

fgielow

Sorry for resurrecting this issue, but this is exactly what I am experiencing right now, several months after you.
    Has any one got past this or received any answer fro Unity?

On a further note, I read several material that indicates that the problem is with the Ad animation which is not paused, instead of Unity in general. Could this be?

For instance, here it shows a way of fixing this problem regarding Mobclix Ads, but for cocos2d: http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/forum/topic/10658#post-61133:

Is there any correlation to Unity3d Prime31 plugin?

I wanted to try something like that, but I cannot, as I do not have access to this part of the source code. Could you check if it is possible to to something analog, pausing the Ad and stoping the delegate from trying to control the AdView when in background? (Of coursing, returning to normal after coming back to foreground).

As a side note, I realized that several projects had to deal with this issue in different ways, such as this one: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68625. However, the solution is always based on stoping animations when the app gets to BG and resuming it when it comes back. The Ads must be trying to animate themselves or maybe receive another Ad and display it, while the App is on background, hence crashing everything.

Edit: Possible Solution

I think I may have found a way to make it work correctly without major changes. I cannot test it now, though. However, it would consist on a script that behaves this way:

Code (csharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class PauseAdsOnBG : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     void OnApplicationPause(bool status) { // maybe OnApplicationFocus is better?
    7.         if (status) {
    8.             MobclixBinding.hideBanner( false ); //may need to pass true to destroy banner, a paused banner still operates on background?
    9.             print ("paused");
    10.         } else {
    11.             MobclixBinding.showBanner();
    12.             print ("unpaused");
    13.         }
    14.     }
    15. }
    If that is still not called before the App gets to the background, maybe the Xcode project should be edited, calling the hide and display banner methods through UnitySendMessage inside applicationDidResignActive or applicationDidEnterBackground.

I will test it later today when I arrive home and hence give feedback.

Edit: Feedback: That does not work. Argh.

How is the banner hidden? Does it keep calling the GPU to render its Ads animations or something like that?

=================================================
    Edit: I found a solution. Not very elegant, but here it goes.
    =================================================

However, I can already tell that the current "MobclixManager.mm" has to be properly reviewed. It is not working 100% in the newer versions of iOS/Unity3d.

Here are the changed I performed on the current MobclixManager.mm so that my app could go to background and return to foreground after clicking an ad:

Code (csharp):
    1. -(void)disableMobclix
    2. { // I created this method XXX
    3.     _adView.delegate = nil;
    4. }
    6. - (void)adViewWillTouchThrough:(MobclixAdView*)adView
    7. {
    8.   [self disableMobclix]; // Added this line XXX
    9.   UnityPause( true );
    10.   _controller.view.hidden = YES;
    11. }
    14. - (void)adViewDidFinishTouchThrough:(MobclixAdView*)adView
    15. {
    16.   _adView.delegate = self; // Added this line XXX
    17.   UnityPause( false );
    19.   // readjust our frame before showing ourself.  reset to identity, set our frame size then reposition
    20.   _controller.view.transform = CGAffineTransformIdentity;
    21.   _controller.view.frame = _adView.frame;
    22.   [self setBannerPosition];
    24.   _controller.view.hidden = NO;
    25. }

However, if I only did that, my banners would not keep appearing after I return from background. I would manage to return, but all ads would be gone until the end.

In order to bypass this issue, I tried to hide and show the banners when the app got paused/unpaused. It did not work. I would not manage to touch anything else besides ads that way. Weird. Instead, I created the following C# script, attaching it on a generic object. Note that it is a DontDestroyOnLoad object, hence, you should take care on handling the existence of only one of such objects. I created it on a splash screen scene that hence appears only once in my game.

Code (csharp):
    1. public class PauseAdsOnBG : MonoBehaviour {
    3.     void Start ()
    4.     {
    5.         DontDestroyOnLoad (this.gameObject);
    6.     }
    8.     void OnApplicationPause(bool status) {
    9.         if (status) {
    10.             print ("paused");
    11.         } else {
    12.             #if UNITY_IPHONE
    13.             MobclixBinding.hideBanner( true );
    14.             MobclixAdapter.createBanner();
    15.             #endif
    16.             print ("unpaused");
    17.         }
    18.     }
    19. }
    Where createBanner is a method that creates a banner. I simply adapted it from the default MobclixAdapter.cs. In my case, if anyone needs it as reference:

Code (csharp):
    1. public static void createBanner() {
    2.         // center the banner.  this is a basic setup with centered banners
    3.         if( isLandscape )
    4.         {
    5.             if( isPad() )
    6.                 MobclixBinding.createBanner( MobclixBannerType.iPad_468x60, ( Screen.width - 468 ) / 2, 0 );
    7.             else
    8.                 MobclixBinding.createBanner( MobclixBannerType.iPhone_320x50, ( Screen.width - 320 ) / 2, 0 );
    10.             // rotate to our desired orientation, in this case landscape left
    11.             MobclixBinding.rotateToOrientation( DeviceOrientation.LandscapeLeft );
    12.             Screen.orientation = ScreenOrientation.LandscapeLeft;
    13.         }
    14.         else
    15.         {
    16.             if( isPad() )
    17.                 MobclixBinding.createBanner( MobclixBannerType.iPad_728x90, ( Screen.width - 728 ) / 2, 0 );
    18.             else
    19.                 MobclixBinding.createBanner( MobclixBannerType.iPhone_320x50, ( Screen.width - 320 ) / 2, 0 );
    20.         }
    21.         MobclixBinding.setRefreshTime( refreshRate );
    22.     }

Through this changes I managed to get my ads working correctly whenever I clicked them and returned to my application. However, I advise the current version of Prime31's MobClix plugin to be reviewed and fixed. My solution probably is not the most elegant, and there are some pieces that I do not even understand why it works :p

Thanks again for the attention.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  33. Zen-Davis

Zen-Davis

I don't know how to use this. Where do I start?

34. fgielow

fgielow

What would be "this"?
    Prime31 has got several plugins, you see :p

35. prime31

prime31

@ZenDavis, every one of our plugins comes with a demo scene that shows how to use all the methods. In addition you can find brief API docs here: http://prime31.com/unity/docs

36. Dragonian

Dragonian

Im trying to implement a Facebook Likes/share button within our app.

I have tried Liking our Facebook app through the explorer tool with no success:

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer

I have found reference that this cannot be done programmatically:

http://bugs.developers.facebook.net/show_bug.cgi?id=10714#c7

Comment 44 describes that is is not possible to Like Applications or Pages, but do take note that the comments post date is 2011.

Has anyone got this working, would love to hear.

Cheers,
    Adam.

37. wilfred

wilfred

Hi Prime,

I found that your tapjoy plugin still using old SDK version 8.1.4 with UDID,
    which I can't use it submit to apple. Could you please update it to SDK version 8.1.8, Thanks

38. prime31

prime31

@wilfred, we don't include the Tapjoy SDK with the plugin. You can update it separately at any time.

39. devGuillaume

devGuillaume

Hello,

I've just read the general documentation for the Android plugins, especially this part:
    Do I understand correctly that some of the Android plugins are mutually exclusive? If so, could we know which plugins are compatible and which are not?
    I couldn't find this information in the API briefs on the website, on this thread or anywhere else.

About the iOS Social Networking plugin:
    Does it mean that the iOS 5+ SDK must be installed on the developer machine, or that the user must have the iOS 5+ firmware installed on their device? I'm guessing it's just the former but I'd rather be sure. Also, does the plugin follow the behaviours described on the Facebook developer iOS tutorial page about Single Sign-On, ie for devices with(out) support for multitasking and with(out) the Facebook app.

Finally, are the iOS and Android counterparts of each plugin compatible? ie can I simply import one plugin unity3d package on top of the other and vice versa without breaking anything?

Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  40. koki

koki

Hi prime31,

I just purchased the Google Analytics plugin and just filled the Tracking code, but i have no idea what to put on "Domain". Could you help me, please?

41. prime31

prime31

@guillaume, we are planning on adding the information as to which plugins have external assets to the docs. There are only a couple that are affected. "Build against" simply means that you must set the base target to iOS 5+. You can set the deployment target to whatever you want. All of our iOS and Android plugins will work fine when on the opposite platform. The code paths will just not do anything.

@koki, put your websites domain in the Domain field.

42. koki

koki

@prime31, so this only works on web builds? My interest is to use this on iOS and Android.

43. prime31

prime31

@koki, it works on all platforms. A domain is still required tough in order to identify the data with a Google Analytics account.

44. koki

koki

@prime31, the domain is my registered domain in the internet or it is related to my google analytics account when i create it?

45. prime31

prime31

@koki, it is the domain associated with the Google Analytics site ID that you use.

46. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

Hi! I noticed something interesting from our clients: they said that the game center didn't work with IOS 5.0.1.
    When we tested on a newer iOS (5.1) the adWhirl adds where above the gameCenter UI (so the top bar was completely blocked)

47. prime31

prime31

@yuri, I'm not exactly sure what you are reporting/asking based on your comment. I'll take a guess and say that you will want to hide any banners whenever showing GameCenter UI then reshot the banner when the UI is dismissed.

48. ferretnt

ferretnt

Firstly, thanks for providing me with full source code for a working iOS camera plugin for $75 - definitely worth saving days of debugging annoyance to get up and running quickly. Your code let us hook the iOS camera to our existing AR in about 2 hours. Unity 3.5's WebCamTextures also let us do the same thing, but with a crippling framerate if you want CPU-side access as I pointed out here:

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/235395/unity-35.html

My app is heavily CPU-bound (like everyone else out there, we're doing some custom computer vision / AR.) We're looking at what we can do about it. A significant percentage of the frame is spent (a) copying RGB data from video sample buffers to textures and (b) performing RGB to greyscale conversion of video data so we can run our computer vision.

So, two questions:

1. We need the greyscale (luminance) image for our computer vision, but ultimately need to render colour video feed on the screen. To do this, I'm going to edit your code to use separate luma and chroma textures, only pass the Y to our CV algorithms, and then update the shader to render YCbCr directly from two textures, like the Apple GLCameraRipple sample does. As a side effect, this should have the number of bytes of data we need to pass to glTexSubImage... Have you tried this before and do you see any issues? I'm happy to not support non-OpenGLES2 devices in exchange for this.

2. I'd love to move to using the CVOpenGLESTextureCache functions - the difficulty in which is that the CoreVideo functions actually create the OpenGL object. This means you cant use Unity3D.GetNativeTexture(), rather you need a way to do things the other way round, i.e. init'ing a Unity3D texture FROM a glTextureHandle. Have you had any discussion with anyone at Unity about doing this?

(An alternative would be to set texture state from the C++, then draw your videotexture in OnPostFrameRender using the GL. class in Unity Pro. I haven't tried this yet either, but this would at least allow you to render the video frame manually using TextureCaches.)

I'd be grateful to know your current plans. Even if your plans are "nothing's really going to change", because that way I'll just get coding and not wait.

Thanks,
    Alex.

49. prime31

prime31

@ferretnt, to answer your questions:

1. you can definitely use YCbCr but as you mentioned it does required OpenGL 2 in order to convert it in the shader.
    2. I have not spoken with Unity about adding support to set a textured based on an id retrieved in native code.

Any mods that would require Unity Pro aren't something we would consider adding but of course you are welcome to use them any way you would like.

50. devGuillaume

devGuillaume

We're considering using the following Android plugins: Etcetera, In App Billing, Social Networking Tapjoy*. Are they all compatible?
    By any chance, is there an AdWhirl Android plugin in the works? With an ETA? :)
    The Google SDK instructions page does not really encourage us to try and roll out our own plugin...

*EDIT: I just realized the Tapjoy Android plugin was no longer available. We may be in the same situation as IRetrograde earlier in this thread. I'm not sure I understand your answer to him though:
    Could you please give some details?

Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.