Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime31 Unity Plugins Officially Live! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prime31

prime31

@synapse, all plugins will work with iOS 4.3. Xcode 4 is not yet supported by the magic script that sets your project up for you though. The first version of the Xcode 4 magic script should be ready tomorrow for beta testing.

2. Toad

Toad

@Prime31 - Just want to tell you I'm really enjoying your "Unity Coding Tips Video Tutorials". I think they're excellent so thanks for taking the time to make them! I hope you keep the series going!

3. prime31

prime31

@Matt, glad to hear you're liking the tutorials! There are plenty more coming for sure. There is still a ton of goodies that need to be covered.

4. Ph03niX

Ph03niX

@Prime31 - Wanted to say thank you for the amount of time you save us with your plugins. I've purchased the MediaPlayer plugin and will be purchasing a couple more shortly.

I ran into 2 issues the other day.

The first involved the Media Picker appearing on the top-right 1/4 of the screen only. It would also not disappear even after closing the application. This i'm guessing had to deal with the way my scene was setup, so as a workaround I just created a fresh scene that manages media content only. Worked like a charm.

The other issue I've yet to work out a fix for on iOS 4.x. This issue involves pressing the home button while the Media Picker is visible or double-tapping the home button to multitask. Everything disappears etc as intended but, as soon as focus is returned to the project the Media Picker is no longer visible and Input to the GUI elements is no longer accepted. This happens with our current project and a New Unity Project that only has the plugin with the test scene.

Thank you in advance.

Thomas

5. prime31

prime31

@Ph03niX, good find on that one. I just posted an update that will fix the issue. Use your original download link to grab it.

6. Paulo-Henrique025

Paulo-Henrique025

Hello Prime, tomorrow ill test the native toolkit plugin but, by reading the docs i didnt understand how the data is read by unity, like a text input, how pass this data back to Unity?

Thanks

7. prime31

prime31

@Paulo, the NativeToolkit Plugin will get you all setup to display UIViewControllers very easily. From there it's up to you what you do with your custom view controllers. Have a look at the source code for some examples.

8. synapsemassage

synapsemassage

Hi Prime,

using the iAd plugin I receive these 2 messages quite often in the console and it makes me a bit nervous. Also, the ads disappear quite often.
    I'm using the AdManagerPrefab in the first scene. In the case the iAd banner shows up and then loading another scene doesn't harm the banner view. But when switching back to the first scene the banner disappears. In this situation triggering autorotate in the first scene via tilting, forces the banner to reappear. My feeling is that iAds not disappearing are better for making money ;-). It seems also to be faulty behaviour that the banner has to be forced to show by triggering autorotate in the first scene.
    A.
    usingADBannerView: WARNING A banner view (0x8adbe00) has an ad but may be obscured. This message is only printed once per banner view.
    B.
    bannerView:didFailToReceiveAdWithError: The operation couldn’t be completed. Ad inventory unavailable

9. RolfBertram_dot_me

RolfBertram_dot_me

iAD Prefab Question:
    What does "autorotate AD" mean in combination with "allow landscape orientations" and "allow portrait orientations".

10. RolfBertram_dot_me

RolfBertram_dot_me

XCode 4.3 Question:
    Will all Prime31 Plugins link and compile fine when we upgrade to Xcode4.3 Compiler and iOS4.3 on device?
    I'm just scared to upgrade just to find that the plugins don't link anymore or something like that!

11. Toad

Toad

@Prime31
    How do you fancy writing a CoreAudio plugin?!

12. stairs

stairs

Hi Folks,

How i check if my iPhone has an gyroscope?

13. LeoNgai

LeoNgai

Hi Prime31,

I still did not get the iAd plugin work on iPad because I consistently received "Ad Inventory Not Available" errors. After upgrading to iOS 4.3 with the hope of it will work, I received even more error messages. My questions:

1) Does your iAd plugin magic script work on iOS 4.3? If there is an update, can I get it?
    2) Up till now, does that "Ad Inventory Not Available" errors problem resolved?

Thanks a lot!

Leo

14. invaders

invaders

@prime31

I bought the Augmented reality plugin, but it doesn't work on iPad2. The screen stays blank and doesn't show the camera-view. Capture doesn't start. Will there be an update?

Also: is it possible to control exposure with the plugin? There's a method in the AVCApturedevice class called ExposureMode, it would be great to have that supported.

15. prime31

prime31

Sorry about the delayed response. No emails came from the forum again when the replies were added :(

@synapsemessage, the forced orientation is required because Unity technically has only one orientation: portait. They don't ever autorotate the game view.

@RolfBertram.com, "autorotate ad" is asking if you want to plugin to handle rotating the ad for you. Allow landscape is asking if you want landscape orientations to be supported. All the plugins will work fine with iOS 4.3.1. Xcode 4 on the other hand has some bugs with the scripting interface so if you are going to update Xcode to version 4 shoot me an email and I'll get you a beta of the new post process build system.

@Matt, CoreAudio is a HUGE framework. What specifically are you looking for?

@LeoNgai, there is nothing that can be done about the "Ad Inventory Not Available" errors. They are piped directly from Apple's servers and as you can tell by the error it means there is no ad available to show.

@stairs, you can check for gyro support by device using the Application class. There are only a few devices with gyros right now.

@invaders, I answered you via email but so that everyone gets the same info you can currently just hack in support to get you running until Unity releases an update with proper iPad 2 detection via the Application class. Modify the startCameraCapture method in the ARBinding.cs to have a case for the iPad 2 just like it does for all the other devices. You can fake detection by checking like this:

Code (csharp):
    1. if( Screen.width == 1024 || Screen.height == 1024 )
    We'll get exposure support in the next update.

16. J_P_

J_P_

Bought game center plugin and have it working fine. Added native plugin from asset store and have a question. I'd prefer not to replace my xcode project -- is there a way I can add the native plugin without build + replace? It doesn't seem to run the post processing script if I do build + append. Can I copy files over manually?

edit: well... it doesn't seem to run the post processing script even if I create a fresh xcode project. What could cause this?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  17. prime31

prime31

@Jtown, the Unity Asset Store seems to reset the executable flag on the PostprocessBuildPlayer* files. You can reset it by running the following command in Terminal while in the directory with the post process files:

chmod a+x PostprocessBuildPlayer*

18. ezone

ezone

Hi Prime,

I'm implementing the AdWhirl plugin with iAds and AdMob, and all works great on the iPhone/iPod. However, on the iPad the iAds are iPad sized, but are being rendered into a 320x50 frame so they get cropped. Any way to resize the AdWhirl frame for the iPad, or have I missed something?

19. prime31

prime31

@ezone, the AdWhirl SDK doesn't yet support the iPad. They are supposed to be adding supposed in the next release. You have all the source so technically you could modify it to get it working with the iPad but I'm not sure how far reaching the changes required would be.

20. ezone

ezone

Ahh, that explains it! Thanks for the (as always) rapid response. I guess I'll just keep iAds in there for now (unfortunately it's a Universal).

21. J_P_

J_P_

So I've looked at the docs and the example for the native plugin but I'm still not too great with C# (not sure how the 'event' thing works). I'm sort of confused how I'd trigger my own function when the user gets a txt etc. Where do I specify what my game should do when an interruption occurs? Code snippet example would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  22. prime31

prime31

@Jtown, have a look through the source code. It has examples of calling methods in both directions. We made the NativeToolkit Plugin so people could explore the source and learn from it.

23. J_P_

J_P_

So if I have the nativetoolkitmanager prefab in the scene and I get a txt,

Code (csharp):
    1. public void applicationWillResignActive( string empty )
    2.     {
    3.         print("interrupted!");
    4.         if( appWillResignActive != null )
    5.             appWillResignActive();
    8.     }
    Should this print? I see nothing :(

I looked through source code -- I think I understood it. I still don't get how NativeToolkitManager.cs works.

24. mswehli

mswehli

Hi,
    I purchased the iad plugin, however when i run it i get 66 errors. I simply took the prefab and placed it in first scene, am i missing something? Here are some of the errors i get, deleted most of it to fit in the post.

Code (csharp):
    1. CompileC build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/AdBinding.o ../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdBinding.m normal armv6 objective-c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
    2. cd "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution"
    3. setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
    4. setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    5. /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -x objective-c -arch armv6 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -std=c99 -Wno-trigraphs -fno-objc-exceptions -fpascal-strings -Os -Wreturn-type -Wunused-variable -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.2.sdk -fvisibility=hidden -mno-thumb -miphoneos-version-min=3.1.3 -iquote "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-generated-files.hmap" "-I/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-own-target-headers.hmap" "-I/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-all-target-headers.hmap" -iquote "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-
    7. In file included from /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdBinding.m:9:
    8. /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdManager.h:13: error: cannot find protocol declaration for 'ADInterstitialAdDelegate'
    9. /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdManager.h:20: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'ADInterstitialAd'
    10. /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdManager.h:32: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'ADInterstitialAd'
    12. CompileC build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/AdManager.o ../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdManager.mm normal armv6 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
    13. cd "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution"
    14. setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
    15. setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    16. /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -x objective-c++ -arch armv6 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fno-objc-exceptions -fpascal-strings -Os -Wreturn-type -Wunused-variable -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.2.sdk -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -mno-thumb -miphoneos-version-min=3.1.3 -iquote "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-generated-files.hmap" "-I/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-own-target-headers.hmap" "-I/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-
    17. CompileC build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/AdBinding.o ../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdBinding.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
    18. cd "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution"
    19. setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
    20. setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    21. /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -x objective-c -arch armv7 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -std=c99 -Wno-trigraphs -fno-objc-exceptions -fpascal-strings -Os -Wreturn-type -Wunused-variable -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.2.sdk -fvisibility=hidden -mno-thumb -miphoneos-version-min=3.1.3 -iquote "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-generated-files.hmap" "-I/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-own-target-headers.hmap" "-I/Games
    23. In file included from /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdBinding.m:9:
    24. /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdManager.h:13: error: cannot find protocol declaration for 'ADInterstitialAdDelegate'
    25. /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdManager.h:20: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'ADInterstitialAd'
    26. '
    Any help would be appreciated. These errors are in xcode, and it complies normally without the iad plugin.

25. prime31

prime31

@moodiesw, it looks to me like you aren't using the lastest iOS SDK. Grab a copy of iOS 4.3.0 or 4.3.1 and it should compile fine for you.

26. mswehli

mswehli

Wow, i've been out of the loop for a while it seems. Didn't even noticed xcode4 was out. Thanks, downloading now.

27. prime31

prime31

@moodiesw, I'd personally avoid Xcode 4 unless you enjoy frustration and pain. You can still get iOS 4.3.1 with Xcode 3. The link is under the one for Xcode 4.

28. herbert6

herbert6

Hi. i'm having some problems with the SocialNetworking Plugin, i don't know how to add permissions to my Facebook App. The company need's me to create a Purikura application to iPad (sometimes i hate my job) and i need to access not just the profile picture but also the user's albums pictures and his friends albums pictures. Without the permission the graphRequest function in "me/albums" returns an empty ArrayList from "data" key of the Hashtable's request. Any suggestions or better ways??

29. prime31

prime31

@herbert6, you will have to check the Facebook docs to find out exactly which permissions you need and then ask for them by changing the login method (line 64 of FacebookManager.mm) slightly. The current line looks like this:

Code (csharp):
    1. [_facebook authorize:_appId permissions:[NSArray arrayWithObject:@"publish_stream"] delegate:self];
    to add a permission for doing_stuff, you would just change it to:

Code (csharp):
    1. [_facebook authorize:_appId permissions:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"publish_stream", @"doing_stuff", nil] delegate:self];

30. mforsyth

mforsyth

Well sh$% I downloaded it without thinking and now I'm having tons of errors. Can I rip it out and install ios 4.3.1 xcode 3?

31. prime31

prime31

@mforsyth, you sure can. Just grab the download with iOS 4.3.1 and Xcode 3.x and reinstall. There is an uninstall script that comes with every version of the SDK in the /Developer/Library folder. I believe it is called uninstall-devtools if my memory serves me.

32. seon

seon

I dont have the luxury of going back to xCode 3.x... I am stuck on 4.x, so what steps do I need to take to get the Social Networking plugin working? I am getting Apple Mach-O arm6/arm7 errors everywhere.

Code (csharp):
    1. Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    2.   "__facebookShowPostMessageDialogWithMessage", referenced from:
    3.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    4.   "__facebookGraphRequest", referenced from:
    5.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    6.   "__twitterIsLoggedIn", referenced from:
    7.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    8.   "__facebookGetLoggedinUsersName", referenced from:
    9.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    10.   "__twitterLogin", referenced from:
    11.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    12.   "__facebookPostMessageWithLinkAndLinkToImage", referenced from:
    13.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    14.   "__facebookInit", referenced from:
    15.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    16.   "__facebookGetFriends", referenced from:
    17.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    etc....

Ok, it seems the postprocessor is just busted with Xcode 4. I have manually moved the files over, but I am unsure if there is anything else that needs to be done as the applescript file is encrypted :(

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  33. prime31

prime31

@Seon, redownload the package using your original download link. Be sure to delete the plugin folder from your Unity project before importing (just to be safe). The updated package has the beta Xcode 4 support which seems to be stabilizing nicely now.

34. seon

seon

Hi Mike, thanks :)

Grabbed that version and all is building and compiling properly now... but only issue is that the...

Code (csharp):
    1. SocialNetworkingManager.facebookReceivedUsername += facebookReceivedUsername;
    callback is not working. It's never called and my fb name is never returned :(

This worked fine on previous plugin and xcode 3. Any ideas?

I lied... My fault! Ignore this... :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  35. prime31

prime31

@Seon, do you see any clues in the console? Perhaps you forgot to include the SocialNetworkingManager prefab? Are you making sure to call getLoggedinUsersName()?

36. seon

seon

That's exactly what I forgot to re-add... "getLoggedinUsersName()" - All good now, thanks for your super support - Once again!

37. mforsyth

mforsyth

I'm back on iOS 4.3.1 and Xcode 3.x but I'm still getting errors trying to use the Native Toolkit.

Code (csharp):
    1. The Info.plist for application at /Users/mark/Project/xcode/build/App.app specifies a CFBundleExecutable of App, which does not exist
    3. Undefined symbols for architecture armv6:
    4.   "__nativeToolkitSetAnimationDuration", referenced from:
    5.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    6.   "__nativeToolkitDeactivateUI", referenced from:
    7.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    8.   "__nativeToolkitActivateUIWithController", referenced from:
    9.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    10.   "__nativeToolkitInit", referenced from:
    11.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    12.   "__nativeToolkitSetAnimationTypeAndSubtype", referenced from:
    13.       RegisterMonoModules()     in RegisterMonoModules.o
    14. ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv6
    15. collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    Everything is fine without it, but as soon as I import it I get those errors. Hopefully I missed something.

38. prime31

prime31

@mforsyth, the files aren't getting copied into your Xcode project. This is almost always because the PostprocessBuildPlayer* scripts are not executable. Try making them executable (chmod a+x PostprocessBuildPlayer*) and then do a Build followed by Replace.

39. mforsyth

mforsyth

yup, that works! :) And that explains why the icon in unity for the PostprocessBuildPlayer_NativeToolKit was different than the others.

40. xcodeusa

xcodeusa

Hi I've been trying to implement your Mobclix plugin into our game. However I get a strange issue. Whenever I initialize Mobclix the movies I play in Unity are suddenly being played in portrait, when they're originally supposed to be played in Landscape Left.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  41. prime31

prime31

@xcodeusa, are you setting the iPhoneKeyboard to autorotate to only landscape? Unity's handling of orientation is wonky to say the least but setting the iPhoneKeyboard often works around it.

42. xcodeusa

xcodeusa

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try that asap.

43. qamarzaman

qamarzaman

I am not able to post Image to FaceBook and not able to get logged in on twitter using Prime31 Social Integration Plugin

Please Reply the solution to problem

44. prime31

prime31

@qamarzaman, check your email. I responded to you there.

45. richard2812

richard2812

Hi Prime31,

I'm try to use your system for the iAds but the xcode give me 10 times this errors:

for member 'interstitial' in 'self', which is of non-class type 'AdManager*'

Can you suggest me how to resolve it?

Regards,

Riccardo

46. prime31

prime31

@Richard, make sure you are building against the latest SDK and that your Base SDK is set to the highest available (4.3.1 currently). Your error sounds like it is due to not being up to date with the latest SDK which bow has support for interstitial ads.

47. Barbur

Barbur

Where do I have to execute the chmod line?

EDIT: Ok I found it. I had to go to the project folder Assets/Edit from the Terminal and execute chmod a+x PostprocessBuildPlayer*

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  48. Barbur

Barbur

Hello all,

Maybe someone found the same problem as me... I have a test application with one NON-Consumable inapp working right. I can buy it well, retrieve the saved transactions without any problem but when I try to validate the receipt it gives me this error:

On the validation call I added the test boolean to true and I verified that the saved transaction used to validate is correct.

Any idea someone?

49. xcodeusa

xcodeusa

Hi Prime31, the movies are still being played in portrait despite trying to set autorotate in only one orientation. Could it be my version of Xcode? 3.2.5?

50. prime31

prime31

@xcodeusa, did you destroy the Mobclix banner before playing the movie? do you have your iPhoneKeyboard orientations set? have you observed the black border to see what orientation it is in (that is usually a good clue as to what orientation other views will end up)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.