Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime31 Unity Plugins Officially Live! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prime31

prime31

@sandolkakos, you have to properly set the keyboard allowed orientations on the Unity side.

2. sandolkakos

sandolkakos

I think that the problem is in the new Versions of Unity 3.4 or Xcode 4.
    Because same without keyboard using, the Elements of Views are not rotating.

Your "NativeHelperTestScene and Level2" scenes, the Views also are not rotating.

Thanks for attention.

----
    @edit
    Problem solved.
    I downgrade to Unity 3.3, and now the Orientation are working.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  3. lastprogrammer

lastprogrammer

I was wondering if your iAD plugin disables multi touch. I had bought the iAD plugin from the unity store but that one disables multi touch so that I can only have one finger touch games. This is, of course, terrible and makes that plugin totally worthless for my games.

So, it would be great if your iAD plugin leaves the multi touch features alone.

Thanks.

4. prime31

prime31

@thelastprogrammer, absolutely not. We would never do anything to affect the game view without directly mentioning it and making sure you explicitly asked for it.

5. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hi,

I do have iAD, Store kit and game center, all last available download but as soon I add any of them to the game it becomes impossible to build. The following errors are after adding the Store kit to a working game:

"__storeKitGetAllSavedTransactions", referenced from:
    RegisterMonoModules() in RegisterMonoModules.o
    "__storeKitValidateReceipt", referenced from:
    "__storeKitPurchaseProduct", referenced from:
    "__storeKitCanMakePayments", referenced from:
    "__storeKitValidateAutoRenewableReceipt", referenced from:
    "__storeKitRestoreCompletedTransactions", referenced from:
    "__storeKitRequestProductData", referenced from:

I have a Lion setup. I did try already all the hints and tips I've found around the forums... nothing works. No errors are shown in the Editor Log... lost... really...

Any help?

6. prime31

prime31

@Pino, try deleting the build scripts from the Editor folder (UpdateXcode* and runner) then reimported the iAd Plugin. That will ensure you have the latest in case the old ones were not overwritten.

7. SimonAlkemade

SimonAlkemade

If I buy the Media Player (iPod) plugin will I be able to retrieve the pitch/audio spectrum of the audio that is being played? I see in the documentation that I can retrieve the volume but what I am looking for is getting the frequency of the audio. Can it be retrieved right now? If not can I modify it so it does?

kind regards,
    Simon

8. prime31

prime31

Simon, pitch is not available through the plugin. In order to get pitch you would have a hefty task and modifying the plugin in its current state would not help much. You would need to go down to the AVAsset level to get at the actual audio files then either convert them to a format that Unity can use and copy them to an accessible location or write a low level audio player on the iOS side.

9. pierrick_yamago

pierrick_yamago

Hello,

I have the same problem with orientation and the NativeToolkit.
    Is there a workaround for unity3.4?

Thanks

10. prime31

prime31

@pierrick, make sure you are using version 1.1 which has changes for Unity 3.4. It is possible that it is not yet available so just check the Asset Store daily to see when it goes live.

11. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hi,

I did try that as well, actually I cleaned it up in full but the situation is the ssame. Please note that I've bought your packages just a few days ago, so when today I downloaded them anew I've got the very same version I already had.

12. prime31

prime31

@pierrick, the post process build script is most likely not running or you are building for the simulator which Unity does not support for plugins. Do you get the Finder message saying the plugin integration was successful? Can you attach the output of the Editor log for a build?

13. pierrick_yamago

pierrick_yamago

Thank you Prime31!
    The asset store only propose me version 1.0.5.

Is there a way to download the current version outside the asset store or from another country?

Best-

14. prime31

prime31

@pierrick, the Asset Store is the only way to get it. You will have to wait for the update to go through.

15. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hi,

I've cleaned up the whole project and made sure that it compiles. Then I've imported the iAD package... Result:

In the Editor Log:

Unloading 749 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1679.
    System memory in use: 257.5 MB.
    Unloading 102 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2 / Dirty serialized files: 2)
    Executing PostprocessBuildPlayer...
    PostProcessBuildPlayer: calling Assets/Editor/PostprocessBuildPlayer_iAd

Unloading 269 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1804.
    System memory in use: 275.3 MB.
    Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2 / Dirty serialized files: 2)
    - starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll, for buildtarget 9

*** Completed 'Build.Player.iPhonePlayer' in 31 seconds

Then in Xcode:

Undefined symbols for architecture armv6:
    "__iAdDestroyAdBanner", referenced from:
    "__iAdCreateAdBanner", referenced from:
    "__iAdRotateToOrientation", referenced from:
    "__iAdInterstitialIsLoaded", referenced from:
    "__iAdShowInterstitial", referenced from:
    "__iAdInitializeInterstitial", referenced from:
    "__iAdFireHideShowEvents", referenced from:
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv6
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Same set of errors for arm7... total of 14 errors.

Is this supposed to copy files from somewhere? Can I just do that manually?

16. prime31

prime31

There are no errors in there. Did you get the Finder popup saying it completed? Are you sure Xcode is set to build for the device (not the simulator)? Do you see the iAd folder in the Xcode project pane?

17. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

The iAD folder is missing in the project pane. I tried to add it manually (from/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/iAd.framework) but it doesn't change a thing adding it to the project. I'm no Xcode person so maybe I'm missing a step... no idea... that's why I asked if there are files to copy manually or other settings that I'm supposed to tune.

And yes, I'm building for the actual device and the finder does popup to show the Xcode folder.

18. prime31

prime31

OK, one last log to check. Open the Unity Editor log the in the left pane click on All Messages. In the filter box (top right) type in prime31 then do a build and send over the logs from that. It will be the output of the post process build scripts.

19. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

I knew you had a way to see what's going on :) Here's the error message:

05/09/2011 21:50:40.779 Prime31: --- Python version: 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Jun 16 2011, 16:59:16)
    [GCC 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2335.15.00)] ---
    05/09/2011 21:50:40.821 Prime31: runner failed with error: not well-formed (invalid token): line 24, column 21
    05/09/2011 21:50:40.821 Prime31: --- Finished iAd ---

I guess is the same for the other packages.

20. prime31

prime31

@Pino, now that is an interesting error that I have never seen before. I am wondering if the file somehow got corrupt in the download process. I am going to do some tests to see if I can reproduce the issue. I'll post back here after some research or you can shoot an email over to questions (at) prime31.com and we can continue the conversation via email.

21. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

ok thanks ;)

22. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

@All:

Prime31 has been very professional trying to reproduce and sort out the problem. It comes out that it's something in my Unity project that isn't likeable to the plugins as trying in a blank project they all work just fine. I'll dig into my project (using a test and trial approach) to isolate the issue and will share the result with you people so that nobody else will get in troubles ;)

23. ironhero

ironhero

@Prime31,

do you have push-notification plugin for Android ?

24. prime31

prime31

@ironhero, not yet but we have an update coming this week to the Etcetera Android Plugin and it might make it in.

25. ironhero

ironhero

great, waiting for updates
    thank you

26. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

@All:

Hey guys, here's the detals of what I found out about the issue posted yesterday.

I was porting to iOS a title first made for Android. I work on PC only, using the Mac just to compile and deploy on iOS. What I did is to just copy the project's forders to the Mac (I did that many times before but not using iOS plugins). Comes out that Unity writes something that can't be digested by the plugin post process pipeline. As a matter of fact, I created a new project on the Mac and I've imported my game as a Unity package, and magically all builds just fine.

Bottom line, it was Unity to create the problem, some issue with Mac/Windows line ending difference I guess.

27. johnnyclem

johnnyclem

I've been going through these posts for 2 days trying to figure out why i'm getting the dreaded linker error using native toolkit.
    I installed and reinstalled the plugin, made sure to chmod a+x the post processor, was using Xcode 4, tried rolling back to Xcode 3, and i've tried nearly every suggestion i've seen here and can't figure it out, any help would be greatly appreciated, hoping it's something simple i missed.

Here's my console output when i click build (not using build run, just doing build, then replace while Xcode is closed)

Unloading 377 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1966.
    System memory in use: 237.9 MB.
    Unloading 16 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2 / Dirty serialized files: 2)
    Executing PostprocessBuildPlayer...
    PostProcessBuildPlayer: calling Assets/Editor/PostprocessBuildPlayer_NativeToolkit

Unloading 337 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 2060.
    System memory in use: 264.5 MB.
    Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 2 / Dirty serialized files: 2)
    - starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll, for buildtarget 9
    - starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll, for buildtarget 9

*** Completed 'Build.Player.iPhonePlayer' in 12 seconds

- Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll
    - starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp.dll, for buildtarget 9
    - starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-UnityScript.dll, for buildtarget 9
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-UnityScript.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp.dll
    - starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll, for buildtarget 9
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll
    Non platform assembly: data-0x1b6fde00 (this message is harmless)
    Non platform assembly: data-0x168e6000 (this message is harmless)
    Non platform assembly: data-0x1b6c3800 (this message is harmless)
    Non platform assembly: data-0x12a94a00 (this message is harmless)
    Non platform assembly: data-0x12b7f800 (this message is harmless)
    Non platform assembly: data-0x1a72a000 (this message is harmless)
    Non platform assembly: data-0x576e000 (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Mono/lib/mono/2.0/Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
    Mono: successfully reloaded assembly

Build Unity-iPhone of project Unity-iPhone with configuration Release

Ld /Users/jclem/Desktop/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/Myclops normal armv6
    cd /Users/jclem/Qcar_ios/MyClops
    setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 4.3
    setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch armv6 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk -L/Users/jclem/Desktop -L/Users/jclem/Qcar_ios/MyClops -L/Users/jclem/Qcar_ios/MyClops/Libraries -F/Users/jclem/Desktop -filelist /Users/jclem/Desktop/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/Myclops.LinkFileList -dead_strip -all_load -weak_framework CoreMotion -Wl,-S,-x -miphoneos-version-min=4.3 -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework OpenAL -liconv.2 -lQCAR -lQCARUnityPlayer -liPhone-lib -framework AudioToolbox -framework CFNetwork -framework MediaPlayer -framework CoreLocation -framework SystemConfiguration -framework CoreMotion -framework CoreGraphics -o /Users/jclem/Desktop/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/Myclops

then, here's the linker error's i'm getting in Xcode (running Xcode 3.2.6 right now, unity 3.4.0f5)

Undefined symbols for architecture armv6:
    "__nativeToolkitSetAnimationDuration", referenced from:
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_AVCaptureDevice", referenced from:
    objc-class-ref in libQCAR.a(libQCAR.a-armv6-master.o)
    "_kCVPixelBufferPixelFormatTypeKey", referenced from:
    l2777 in libQCAR.a(libQCAR.a-armv6-master.o)
    "__nativeToolkitDeactivateUI", referenced from:
    "__nativeToolkitActivateUIWithController", referenced from:
    "__nativeToolkitInit", referenced from:
    "_CMSampleBufferGetImageBuffer", referenced from:
    l2795 in libQCAR.a(libQCAR.a-armv6-master.o)
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_AVCaptureDeviceInput", referenced from:
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_AVCaptureVideoDataOutput", referenced from:
    "_CVPixelBufferLockBaseAddress", referenced from:
    "_CMTimeMake", referenced from:
    l2776 in libQCAR.a(libQCAR.a-armv6-master.o)
    "_AVCaptureSessionPresetMedium", referenced from:
    l2775 in libQCAR.a(libQCAR.a-armv6-master.o)
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_AVCaptureSession", referenced from:
    "_CVPixelBufferGetBaseAddressOfPlane", referenced from:
    "_CVPixelBufferUnlockBaseAddress", referenced from:
    "__nativeToolkitSetAnimationTypeAndSubtype", referenced from:
    "_AVMediaTypeVideo", referenced from:
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv6

Ld /Users/jclem/Desktop/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Myclops normal armv7
    cd /Users/jclem/Qcar_ios/MyClops
    setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 4.3
    setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch armv7 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk -L/Users/jclem/Desktop -L/Users/jclem/Qcar_ios/MyClops -L/Users/jclem/Qcar_ios/MyClops/Libraries -F/Users/jclem/Desktop -filelist /Users/jclem/Desktop/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Myclops.LinkFileList -dead_strip -all_load -weak_framework CoreMotion -Wl,-S,-x -miphoneos-version-min=4.3 -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework OpenAL -liconv.2 -lQCAR -lQCARUnityPlayer -liPhone-lib -framework AudioToolbox -framework CFNetwork -framework MediaPlayer -framework CoreLocation -framework SystemConfiguration -framework CoreMotion -framework CoreGraphics -o /Users/jclem/Desktop/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Myclops

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    "__nativeToolkitSetAnimationDuration", referenced from:
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_AVCaptureDevice", referenced from:
    objc-class-ref in libQCAR.a(libQCAR.a-armv7-master.o)
    "_kCVPixelBufferPixelFormatTypeKey", referenced from:
    l2777 in libQCAR.a(libQCAR.a-armv7-master.o)
    "__nativeToolkitDeactivateUI", referenced from:
    "__nativeToolkitActivateUIWithController", referenced from:
    "__nativeToolkitInit", referenced from:
    "_CMSampleBufferGetImageBuffer", referenced from:
    l2795 in libQCAR.a(libQCAR.a-armv7-master.o)
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_AVCaptureDeviceInput", referenced from:
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_AVCaptureVideoDataOutput", referenced from:
    "_CVPixelBufferLockBaseAddress", referenced from:
    "_CMTimeMake", referenced from:
    l2776 in libQCAR.a(libQCAR.a-armv7-master.o)
    "_AVCaptureSessionPresetMedium", referenced from:
    l2775 in libQCAR.a(libQCAR.a-armv7-master.o)
    "_OBJC_CLASS_$_AVCaptureSession", referenced from:
    "_CVPixelBufferGetBaseAddressOfPlane", referenced from:
    "_CVPixelBufferUnlockBaseAddress", referenced from:
    "__nativeToolkitSetAnimationTypeAndSubtype", referenced from:
    "_AVMediaTypeVideo", referenced from:
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7

28. prime31

prime31

@johnny, wait for version 1.1 to be released in the Asset Store. It has Unity 3.4 fixes and should be out any day now. We sent it to Unity last week for review.

29. johnnyclem

johnnyclem

will do, i actually just tried building a new project with just your plugin in the 3 minutes between my post and your reply and got it to build, so i'm guessing it's just an issue with my project now

thanks again

30. echologin

echologin

Prime31: In the media player plugin, specifically the getVolume() function, will that return the user set volume ?

if so does it return 0 if the ringer/sound is off ?

31. prime31

prime31

@Echo, it will tell you the current volume but it does not check if the ringer is on/off.

32. echologin

echologin

do any of your plugins do that ? ( check ringer status )

IM sold on the media player one.

33. prime31

prime31

@Echo, none currently check the status of the mute switch.

34. echologin

echologin

Ahh ok thanks just wondering, I ask because im making a music type app, and want to do things differently at start if there is no sound on ( since its all sound/music based )

35. ks32

ks32

@Prime, I just upgraded to NativeToolkit 1.1.0 (September 06, 2011), but it has following problems using XCode 4.1:

1. app hangs (or unity got paused) after returning from home screen. It returns normally if native view is not called but when native view is called it hangs.
    2. unity player Auto Rotation is set (all orientations), when device is rotate with native view opened, then unity view does not display in correct orientation.

36. ironhero

ironhero

Prime31,

do you have free Android plugin for tests, something like Native-Toolkit for iOS ?

37. prime31

prime31

@ka32, there are some limitations with regard to Unity 3.4 that don't have workarounds at this time.

@ironhero, there will not be a similar plugin for Android due to it requiring precompiled .jars.

38. wiserd

wiserd

For the webview functionality in the Etcetera plugin - there 's a unity logo at the top. It takes up real estate and is making us redo our design to a different screen size. Is there a way to remove it?

Thanks!

39. prime31

prime31

@wiserd, I'm not sure what you are referring to. The webview simply shows the web page. It doesn't inject any Unity logo into the web page. That doesn't make any sense at all. See the image attached for the demo scene showing http://prime31.com

Attached Files:

40. wiserd

wiserd

41. prime31

prime31

Does that happen to be your app icon? It could very well be they stick the app icon up there automatically.

42. wiserd

wiserd

@Prime31 - Ah, got it! I'd had to import info from the prime31 manifest manually to prevent functionality in my app from being disabled. Adding android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" to the activities in the manifest fixed the problem.

Thanks for your time.

43. Moonjump

Moonjump

I've just updated an app to the latest Game Center and Mobclix plugins.

When I have an ad running and then display the Game Center Achievements screen, the button to dismiss the Achievements screen is hidden behind the advert and so it is impossible to return to the game. This was fine previously. Has something changed?

This test was on an iPhone 4.

44. prime31

prime31

@Moonjump, it is most likely a z-index issue. Destroy the banner when showing the achievements then re create it when they are dismissed.

45. Moonjump

Moonjump

How do I tell when it has been dismissed?

p.s. it is the same for Game Center score screens.

46. prime31

prime31

@Moonjump, the Unity VM is fully paused while the leaderboard is displayed so you can just call a method after a short delay (1s for example) and it won't execute until the VM is unpaused when the leaderboard is dismissed.

47. Moonjump

Moonjump

Thank you.

48. bpritchard

bpritchard

@Prime31

Heya Prime... had a quick question about your audiorecorder plugins with iOS. Was wondering if, via the plugin, we would have access in realtime to the audio buffer OR if its only written to file? Not sure if that too vague or not...

Cheers
    Bryan

49. prime31

prime31

@bpritchard, you can get at the avg and peak power but not the raw buffer.

50. maglat

maglat

Hey Prime,

I have a fancy idea for a new plugin :)
    What about an "Multiplayer Plugin" which allow multiplayer matches between IOS <-> Android devices (maybe PC, too)
    That would be my personal killer plugin :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.