Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime31 Unity Plugins Officially Live! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveJ

SteveJ

Got it - thanks. That's what I was doing wrong.

Are you able to confirm if my other post regarding the iAd messages looks right? I'm worried about that one because there's no real way of knowing if it's definitely working until you see those ads.

Once you've submitted the game to the App Store and enabled iAd on it, it actually comes up with a status that says something like "serving test ads". I still don't see any ads (test ads) in the debug build on my device though, and I'm not too sure if I'm supposed to?

2. prime31

prime31

You should definitely see test ads at least 50% of the time. Be sure your bundle ID and app ID are properly setup.

3. SteveJ

SteveJ

Do apps that integrate iAd require an explicit App ID (like Push, Game Center, etc)? I'm just using my wildcard ID on this particular app at the moment.

4. prime31

prime31

You do need an explicit app ID in order for iAds to function.

5. CaptainKiyaku

CaptainKiyaku

Hi,

i tried to add the StoreKit to my app but when i build in XCode i get following errors (see attached file).
    Do i need a specific SDK version to use the StoreKit? Would like to use it with 3.x.

Dunno what i am doing wrong :/

$storekiterror.png

6. prime31

prime31

@Kiyaku, be sure to always build for the latest SDK. Thy being said, it looks like the files were not copied over which usually means you either had Xcode open when building from Unity or you clicked Build and Run instead of Build.

7. CaptainKiyaku

CaptainKiyaku

Thanks for the quick answer.

I tired 3.12 before and only used "Build" and not "Build and Run". But XCode was still open. So closing it solved the problem indeed.

8. SteveJ

SteveJ

Sorry to be a total pain, but I still can't get this working. I've got an explicit App ID configured now, I've got the AdManagerPrefab placed in my scene, iTunes Connect tells me my app is setup and serving test ads, but once the project builds and runs on the device, I don't see test ads and I just get these messages in the console:

Is it possible there's something wrong with test ads themselves? i.e. at Apple's end? Can anyone confirm that? I've tried a bunch of times though.

9. prime31

prime31

As long as you are certain your app and bundle IDs are in order it could very well be an issue on Apples test servers.

10. Kripto

Kripto

Is The iAd plug-in compatible with the 4.2 SDK? I'm having problems with it but hoped it would fixed the rotation issue.

11. prime31

prime31

@Kripto, I haven't yet updated my devices to iOS 4.2 due to the WiFi issues so I am not sure how it works with it. I have heard quite a few people having no issues at all with 4.2 but until I get the update out (shortly after the next 4.2 GM gets released) I can't guarantee anything.

12. Kripto

Kripto

Here's my issue. I can get the ads to show in landscape mode but only the leftmost corner of the ad responds to clicks. I've tested it with 4.1 and 4.2 SDKs, all ending with the same problem. Any ideas as to a solution? Are there people using this plug in in landscape mode who are not having this issue?

13. prime31

prime31

@Kripto, the issue is related to a bug in iOS where views with transforms applied do not report a proper hit area. It cant hurt to bombard Apple with bugs so please do open a bug with them.

14. bakno

bakno

We bought the iAd plugin and it works fine after following Prime31's suggestions on this thread.

However, we are having the same problem on rotated banners as Kripto.

We hope this problem gets fixed on iOS 4.2.

15. synapsemassage

synapsemassage

I'm building against iOS 4.1 so that's most likely the reason for the errors when build with latest GameCenter plugin. I will keep the older plugin for now. Will give you feedback after moving to 4.2.

I tried also the test scenes of the Etcetera Plugin (on iPod, iPad, iPhone) but some of the buttons seem not working, at least nothing happens when pressing them. These buttons are:
    get current language
    get localized string
    show mail composer
    mail composer with screenshot
    register for push
    get registered push types
    set urban airship credentials (not sure about that, I don't have urban airship, likely that's the reason for not getting anything?!)

I love the AA feature! Works on all devices and is just stunning on the retina display. Though I noticed some heavy banding with the default-diffuse material and almost dropped it due to that. But then decided to give it a try with my own stuff and it looks just great with my materials. No noticable performance impact as far as I can see.

Thanks for responding.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  16. prime31

prime31

@synapsemassage, watch the Xcode console while pressing buttons. A lot of functions don't have a visual effect but do still perform an action. As for mail, it wont show unless you have an email account setup on your device.

17. kenlem

kenlem

Prime ole buddy ole pal... Do you have anymore plugins in the works? Just wondering...

18. prime31

prime31

@kenlem, there are no plugins in the works right now for the general public until I catch up on the privately requested contract plugins. Once they are all complete there will be a few iOS 4.2 updates I'm sure and then I can start looking to the next plugin. Did you have something in mind that you wanted to see?

19. Moonjump

Moonjump

Mobclix seem very happy with you. Will you be doing an Android version of Mobclix?

20. prime31

prime31

@Moonjump, I am still waiting for Unity to make a non-pro version of the Android addon. The current state of Android development (no Unity Remote, hard to be profitable in the Market, requires Unity Pro) doesn't seem quite ready for plugins yet. Not to mention, there are more hoops to jump through for Android plugins so performance will need to be evaluated and they will take longer to make. That being said, when the time is right my Droid X will b ready to get itself some Unity plugin love.

21. Moonjump

Moonjump

Thanks Prime31. I think paid apps are hard to make profitable on Android, that is why I was considering the Mobclix route for a free app if I go Android.

My game using your Game Center plugin went live today: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tiltstorm/id392545121?mt=8

22. prime31

prime31

@Moonjump, looks like a cool game! Will download and play with it this evening.

23. synapsemassage

synapsemassage

Ah ok :) makes sense. Thanks! Hm, but might be a good idea to make something popup as feedback, for guys like me who don't have a programmer background :)

24. synapsemassage

synapsemassage

-- public static void reportScore( int score, string categoryId ) --

I have seen on the Apple Devs Forum that it seems to be possible to submit non-integer score values to Game Center (with a little workaround), is it somehow possible via this Plugin?

I'm also wondering if it is possible to report scores to Game Center on a per level basis (saved top score for each level per player), in addition to the total score. Game Center seems not supporting level based scores. A real problem as this data can only be saved localy and will lead to async scores with players using one account on many devices. Not a trouble with the plugin but it's related to Game Center so maybe someone stumbled into this problem already? Anyone bringing some light into this is very much appreciated :)

25. Moonjump

Moonjump

You can have more than 1 high score table. Just set up a table for each level?

26. prime31

prime31

@synapsemessage, seeing as how the GKScore class has value declared as int I don't see how it is possible to have a non-integar score. Moonjump is spot on with his comment. You can create a lot of categories, so why not just make one per level?

27. synapsemassage

synapsemassage

@Moonjump: That's the first thing I had in mind. It's possible to have 25 leaderboards (categories). My game will exceed this number easily, so it's not applicable, unfortunately. I guess many games will exceed this number.

@Prime31: Not sure if I'm allowed to post this Apple Dev Forum Stuff in public. If you don't mind I will pm you the link to apple dev forum, where I found this mentioned. Maybe this is complete nonsense ...

28. stairs

stairs

Hi Prime31,

I just install Unity 3.1 and the latest IOS SDK and when i compile the sample scene of DeviceMotion Plugin in XCode i get this error:

/Users/labjogosdigitaismicro1/Gyro/Buid/Libraries/RegisterMonoModules.cpp:37:0 /Users/labjogosdigitaismicro1/Gyro/Buid/Libraries/RegisterMonoModules.cpp:37: error: 'mono_dl_register_symbol' was not declared in this scope

I miss something? What's wrong? The target device is a iPad with iOS 3.2.

Please help.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  29. prime31

prime31

@stairs, you should ALWAYS build against the latest iOS SDK available (4.2 right now). That being said, it looks like your error might be that you are trying to do a simulator build and Unity doesn't support plugins in the simulator.

30. synapsemassage

synapsemassage

It would be cool to have access to the button titles in the askForReview method of the Etcetera Plugin for localization. A lot of people start to panic when getting a popup not knowing what to press. For example non english speakers like (my) parents .... might make also sense having access to buttons in the prompts.

31. prime31

prime31

@synapsemassage, all the button titles use the iOS localization feature. Just add a Localizable.string file for every language you want to support and the plugin will pick up the proper text based on the locale of the device.

32. murali.vvn

murali.vvn

Hi Prime

To day I brought MobClix plugin. I am getting errors in Xcode, I am using Xcode 4.0 version and target device is 3.2. What should I do?

Ld build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/admobtest2 normal armv6
    cd /Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4
    setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 4.0
    setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch armv6 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.0.sdk -L/Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4/build -L/Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4 -L/Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4/Libraries -F/Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4/build -filelist /Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/admobtest2.LinkFileList -dead_strip -Wl,-S,-x -miphoneos-version-min=4.0 -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework OpenAL -liconv.2 -liPhone-lib -framework AudioToolbox -framework CFNetwork -framework MediaPlayer -framework CoreLocation -framework SystemConfiguration -liPhoneNetwork -o /Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/admobtest2

Undefined symbols:
    "__mobclixSetRefreshTime", referenced from:
    __mobclixSetRefreshTime$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o
    (maybe you meant: __mobclixSetRefreshTime$non_lazy_ptr)
    "__mobclixHideBanner", referenced from:
    __mobclixHideBanner$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o
    (maybe you meant: __mobclixHideBanner$non_lazy_ptr)
    "__mobclixStart", referenced from:
    __mobclixStart$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o
    (maybe you meant: __mobclixStart$non_lazy_ptr)
    "__mobclixShowBanner", referenced from:
    __mobclixShowBanner$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o
    (maybe you meant: __mobclixShowBanner$non_lazy_ptr)
    "__mobclixLogEvent", referenced from:
    __mobclixLogEvent$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o
    (maybe you meant: __mobclixLogEvent$non_lazy_ptr)
    "__mobclixRotateToOrientation", referenced from:
    __mobclixRotateToOrientation$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o
    (maybe you meant: __mobclixRotateToOrientation$non_lazy_ptr)
    ld: symbol(s) not found
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

33. prime31

prime31

It looks like the files aren't being copied into Xcode. You can verify by looking in your Xcode project for a Mobclix folder. Files don't get copied when you have another PostprocessBuild file interfering, Xcode is not closed when you build from Unity or you use Build and Run instead of just build from Unity.

That being said it is also quite possible Xcode 4 does not respond to the same scripting calls for modifying the project.

34. SteveJ

SteveJ

Hey guys, my iAd app has been released to the store, but I still don't see ads in the live version. iTunes Connect shows that live ads are being served but all the counts are zero.

Not sure if ads still only work in certain countries too? I'm in Australia, and I thought maybe they only show up for folks in the US? I've included some promo codes down below - hoping someone might be able to check it for me and maybe PM me if you're seeing ads? The iAd version of the app is "Loon" v1.2.

The doco says:

I just dragged the prefab into the main game scene and didn't do anything else. That's all that's required right? And I assume it works with Unity 3.1 and the latest iOS SDK?

I'm just trying to find some confirmation that ads are working so I can switch the app to free. Otherwise I need to get the problem figured out so I can push through another update to the store.

69WWY3WFAKMT
    FR439EM7M7JA
    3WLN3A6YPFPA
    EXTNNMTAT3JH
    NWEN49Y6JAFH

35. prime31

prime31

@gepetto, I just tried Loon and iAds showed up for me. It is probably just that they haven't rolled out to AU yet.

36. SteveJ

SteveJ

Thank you so much for that! I really appreciate it. I'll flick it over to free now.

Cheers!

37. stairs

stairs

Thanks, I can now compile and deploy the test scene, but it not work at all..the scene runs, i tap the "Start DeviceMotion" and nothing happens :( I move the iPad around but i don't see any changes. What's wrong now??

38. prime31

prime31

@stairs, watch the Xcode logs for clues. If you have a WiFi only iPad it is possible it doesn't have a gyro. I don't have a non 3G to test on so I can't say for sure.

39. Moonjump

Moonjump

I'm working on the Lite version of my game. It uses the Game Center and MobClix plugins.

I've spent the last 10 hours trying every combination to get around a problem. The game crashes every time the Mobclixbanner prefab appears. The following message appears in Xcode: GD8: Program received signal: "SIGABRT".

Initially I had the banner and Game Center starting at the same time at the opening of my second scene. I didn't know which was causing the problem. So I changed to having the banner Instantiate 10 seconds after the scene start. It is definitely the banner appearing that triggers the crash.

I downloaded both plugins again to make sure I had the latest and imported them. I don't import the multiplayer files of GC (I have to delete 2 multiplayer references in GameCenterManager.mm). I did try deleting the GC plugin, then import the complete version as a test, but got 12 Xcode errors relating to multiplayer items not referenced, so went back to my usual limited set.

I registered with Mobclix today, getting the Application ID and copied it into the text file into Editor > Mobclix > MobclixapplicationID.

I have tried Mobclix with test ads enabled and disabled.

Even using the Application ID that is in the plugin by default doesn't stop the problem.

I have set up iAd for the project in iTunes Connect. Should I have done? There appears no way to go back to test with it not enabled.

I'm running Xcode in debug mode because of Game Center. Is this OK for Mobclix also?

I have tried setting up the game with Airport mode enabled so that there is no data coming in to cause the problem. It still crashes.

I am using Unity iPhone 3.1. iOS 4.2. No other plugins.

EDIT:

And I am doing a build. Making sure the messages appear for plugin integration. Then doing a build and run.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  40. prime31

prime31

@Moonjump, there should be no conflict at all between GameCenter and Mobclix. Just to be certain, if you don't show the Mobclix banner at all do you get a crash? When you get the crash, can you press the step through button in the debugger and see where it is actually crashing?

41. murali.vvn

murali.vvn

yes exactly, Now my test game is running fine but first time I got the error "An error has occurred. Click here for more details.", So I changed my add size to 468x60 and also checked with 728x90, now no errors and no adds are displaying. What may be the problem?

42. stairs

stairs

Yes...saddly the wifi only iPad doesn't have a Gyro! The code works fine in my iPhone 4 now.. Thanks.

43. Moonjump

Moonjump

If I don't show the banner, there is no crash.

I've sent an image of what I see in the debugger to your questions email address. I hope that is the right thing to do.

44. prime31

prime31

@murali.vvn, have you been approved for iPad sized ads on the Mobclix portal?

45. bakno

bakno

Hello

We are using the iAd plugin and it seems to work now on 4.2. However the rotated (landscape) still has the same problem on the iPhone where only the left-most portion of it activates the ads.

On iPad the active area is larger but only the left half of it activates the ads. Additionally, the banner does not show complete, it seems to be missing the bottom portion.

One last issue, common to both devices is when the actual ad is displayed, it is not displayed in landscape mode, just portrait.

46. prime31

prime31

@bakno, grab the lastest version of the iAd Plugin when you get a chance. You can set the orientation of the iAd banner to whatever you want by just using rotateToOrientation. The prefab has an example of how to use it. The hit area is a bug with the ad view when it has a transform applied (which is required for Unity to get it oriented properly). I was hoping it would be fixed in iOS 4.2 but I'm guessing from your comment that it was not fixed.

47. bakno

bakno

Prime31. I think we already have the latest version. We do use the "rotateToOrientation" to show the banner at the bottom of a landscape game, and my previous post contains the results when testing it on iOS 4.2.

48. murali.vvn

murali.vvn

@Prime, Yes I approved for iPad sized adds on Mobclix.

49. murali.vvn

murali.vvn

@Prime, Are you planing any plugin for AdMob? or do you have any instructions to integrate AdMob in Xcode ?

50. prime31

prime31

@murali.vvn, there is a method in the Mobclix Plugin that is commented out with instructions to integrate AdMob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.