Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime31 Unity Plugins Officially Live! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychor

Psychor

Hi Prime31. I got the storekit plugin last week and have it working with my game for the most part. I'm pretty familiar with JavaScript, but I have virtually no experience with C#. So to get the purchase successful call, I'm using the following code in my script:

Code (csharp):
    1. function OnPurchaseSuccessful(productIdent : String, receipt : String, quant : int) {
    2. //unlock the purchased features
    3. }

Can you (or anyone else who reads this and knows) confirm whether or not I am going about this the right way?

Thanks,
    Nick

2. prime31

prime31

@Psychor, the Javascript and C# code for the plugins is very, very similar. It is almost able to be copy/pasted. The event handler above looks correct. Just be sure to add the even listener with: StoreKitManager.purchaseSuccessful += OnPurchaseSuccessful;

3. Hesham

Hesham

I have integrated the MediaPlayer and everything is ok. However, I want to also let the player have the option of going back to the in game music.

When I stop the music MediaPlayer and play my audio source, no sound comes through. Is there something else I should do?

4. prime31

prime31

@Hesham, grab the latest update and let me know if that takes care of things for you. There was a late change in Unity 3 right before release.

5. Psychor

Psychor

Hey Prime31. Just got it working. Thanks for the quick and helpful response.

Looking forward to implementing your social networking and GameCenter plugins as well.

Thanks again for a quality product and quality support.

-Psychor

Mean Interactive

6. Tom163

Tom163

I couldn't find a mention about SDK compatibility. Do all the plugins work with the 4.1 iOS SDK ?

7. prime31

prime31

@Tom, all the plugins will always link to the latest SDK and are fully compatible with iOS 4.1. I haven't tested yet myself but I have also heard many success stories with 4.2 beta as well.

8. Toad

Toad

Hi Prime, sorry if this has been asked before but with so many posts in this thread it's hard to tell!

Just wondered how your new misc plug-in (EtCetera?) is progressing?

9. prime31

prime31

@MattSimpson, the Etcetera Plugin is moving along nicely. It came down with a case of the feature creep that has been licked now and it should be about a week until release. It has a ton of goodies in it now including:

- getting the current locale
    - localized strings
    - access to the standard UIAlertView popup
    - custom alert view popup that has either 1 or 2 text boxes (great for username/password retrieval)
    - web view access
    - email composer access
    - native loading indicator (with spinner and optional text or image)
    - rate this app prompt
    - take photo or get from photo library
    - push notification support (with either Urban Airship or do it yourself)
    - unzip support

10. Toad

Toad

Wow, sounds wicked! Another definite purchase from me!! :)

11. Hilm

Hilm

Just want to show my support for Prime's/ Mikes plugins! I've bought a few and he very quickly addresses any issues within the plugins.

He was also kind enough to add the "rate app" feature to the up-coming plugin when I asked him about doing it as a custom job which was very cool of him!

Highly reccomended in terms of customer support etc!

12. maglat

maglat

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thank you for listening requests!
    I have bought all the Plug-ins available and i highly recommend your plug-in for your professional customer support.

14. Kripto

Kripto

I've noticed an issue with the iAd plug in-

I'll have an app set up properly iniTunes Connect and being served the test ad when built and deployed to hardware, but if I make a change which requires it to be fully re-built versus "Appended", the iAds will no longer show up. I have checked all aspects of the project and found that the only solution is to create a new app id and use that, at which point the iAds return.

Is there some kind of build-specific identifier Apple could be limiting the iAds for a certain appID to respond to? Any idea as to what's going on? Thanks!

15. prime31

prime31

@Kripto, if you are still hooked up to the debugger just watch the logs. Apple purposely sends lots of failed ads when testing.

16. maglat

maglat

hello,

what can be the reason that no iAds are shown anymore?
    Since 1 or 2 days no testbanner show up at my app. Thats strange cause i didnt change anything at this part.
    The iAdmangerprefab ist still there.

17. prime31

prime31

@maglat, check the logs. Always check the logs for clues. All failures are logged and Apple quite often sends failures on purpose but it is usually only about 20-30% of the time.

18. maglat

maglat

Strange. The iAd is avaible at the other devices from my testers(friends). Now im happy nothing is brocken.
    Only at my Iphone suddenly the Ads are gone. I will check the logs!

19. prime31

prime31

The Etcetera Plugin documentation version 1 is finally live! It is officially feature complete and should be rolling out within the next 24 hours. Have a look at the docs in the meantime to see what it has in store.

New post with the plugin features is here.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  20. maglat

maglat

Hello Prime31 :)

I have a problem with the Mobclix plugin. When I add the plugin to my project an compile it, xcode give me following errors.
    What can I do? I added the App ID from Mobclix to the MobclixApplicationId.txt, like you wrote in your docs. Maybe the reason for the crash is, that my app is not in the appstore till now?

Error

21. prime31

prime31

@maglat, looks to me like the mobclix library file isn't getting copied over. Do you get the same error on an empty project? Are you using the latest version of the plugin? Can you attaceh a screenshot of your Xcode project with the Classes and Frameworks folders expanded?

22. Barbur

Barbur

Hello, I have just installed GameCenter on my project and when I opened the Test Scenes all of them were empty. I am using Unity iPhone Advanced 1.7. Any idea what am I missing? Thank you :)

23. prime31

prime31

@Barbur, I believe I responded to you via email already. Prefabs and scenes are not compatible between Unity 1.7 and Unity 3.0 so you will need to just recreate the scenes.

24. IPete

IPete

Hi Prime31,

Thanks for the excellent plugin - I purchased iAds and from a fresh start (as posted earlier) was able to get it into a project in a few minutes.

Now I have tried to ad the iAds plugin into my rather larger project and it is causing no end of pain so I wondered if you could help me please?

I am using SM2 and EZ Gui (from Above and Beyond) two excellent packages. When I completed my game yesterday, I imported the iAds plugin and tried to build as instructed, but to no avail. I do not get that message which tells me that iAds has been brought into the xCode project.

A friend (Nabil) helped me get it sort of working by manually adding libraries and such but then my game was suddenly in landscape mode not portrait mode! I suspect because your script which controls everything didn't get run as part of the manual process. What can I do to get around this please?

Best regards,

25. spentak

spentak

Prime31,
    What I need:

Content to be downloadable from within the game. Example: My game is 15 megabytes on the app store. We release an update that will make the game 100 megabytes. If people desire to update their game, we have an in-game link that begins downloading the game from a server (urban airship?). This keeps our app store version at 15 megabytes still, no matter how big the game updates become.

How do I?:

How do I do this? What tools/plugins/services do I need to accomplish this? I'm ready to buy a plugin (Storekit?) if it does what we need. Thanks!

Mark

26. prime31

prime31

@IPete2, I have no experience with either SM2 or EZ Gui so I can't really comment on what the issue might be. I don't think either have a postprocessbuild script but if they do, rename it to postprocessbuild_SM2 or postprocessbuild_EZGUI and reimport the plugin.

@marklennartprice, the StoreKit plugin will take care of the in app purchase part of things for you. All you need to do from there is stick the download on a server somewhere and you should be good to go.

27. spentak

spentak

Just purchased Game Center Plugin (last night) but have received no method or means of downloading it. What do I do?

28. prime31

prime31

@marklennartpric, first, check your SPAM folder. All receipts and download links are sent out immediately upon payment. If it's not in your SPAM box, fill out the contact form on the website being sure to use the same email as your PayPal account and I'll resend the email.

29. Toad

Toad

Fragger recently came with a free update that enables you to download a 70MB "Retina" graphics update if you want to, as a free in-app purchase. I thought this was a very clever way of delivering the HD graphics but still keeping the actual game that people purchase from the app store under 20MB so it can be downloaded over 3G.

Any ideas how this was done? Could it be done via standard Apple in-app purchase with your StoreKit plugin?

EDIT: Actually I've just seen this statement on the Urban Airship site, "Free content delivery. Right now, the concept of giving away content for free doesn’t exist with Apple’s In App Purchase, but it does with Urban Airship StoreFront.".

http://urbanairship.com/products/in-app-purchase/

So it sounds like it can't be done through in-app purchase at the moment and integrating with Urban Airship's StoreFront could be the way to go.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  30. prime31

prime31

@MattSimpson, it can be done pretty easily with the StoreKit plugin if you intend to charge for it. If it is free, than it technically isn't an in app purchase and thus all you would have to do is download the asset bundle from any server you choose to host it on.

31. kenlem

kenlem

Prime - Does Device motion use the accelerometer if the device doesn't have a gyro?

32. prime31

prime31

@kenlem, no it doesn't. The accelerometer can't even come close to simulating what the gyro does so it wouldn't work as a fallback.

33. Barbur

Barbur

Hey foyleman is it possible to use Unity Networking on iphone? Does it work well? I got the Prime31 GameCenter plugin but as I can see if I want to create a hosted game with a dedicated server I need to create the Network side with the Unity Network System. Am I right? Is it working for you?

34. Kripto

Kripto

I purchased the iAd plug in and am having a strange issue with it. It's working in my published apps but will only register a click on the ad banner if it occurs to the leftmost corner of the ad banner. It happens regardless of the content or control setup of the Unity scene in which it appears. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

35. prime31

prime31

@Kripto, grab the latest version. There is a bug with views that have a transform applied in iOS 4.1 and the newest builds of the plugin have a workaround in place until Apple fixes the issue.

36. foyleman

foyleman

I currently have the GameCenter plugin in place only to handle highscores and achievements. In order to use networking, I have to rewrite the code. I haven't figured out the best way to approach this issue yet. I'm using UDP networking with Unity which means that there is no central server. Rather one device is the host and the others are clients. Unity creates IDs for each player and uses the UDP connection is creates to send this data back and forth. Using GameCenter, you are no longer using this UDP connection. Therefore a new means of communication needs to be created. At least that's what I've concluded at this point.
    If anyone else has another method, please do let me know.

37. prime31

prime31

@foyleman, if you already have networking up and running if I were you I would use it and not rewrite. Networking is some tough code to write and no none wants to write it twice.

38. groovfruit

groovfruit

Hiya
    I thought I'd post my further questions to you here, rather than via email, to share the reponses in case anyone else has the same questions as I. In regards to the Audio Recorder and Player plug-in, i have two questions before buying. I took a look through the documentation and couldn't determine the answers: (Please note that I'm stil a novice when it comes to programming, so bare with me!)

1. When a user saves a recording, you create a pre-specified file name. If the user listens, isn't happy, or re-records that line at another time, does the new recording overwrite the file name from previous recording? (i want it to).
    2. Is there a sample project that comes with the plug-in?

Many thanks

39. groovfruit

groovfruit

Oooooo I must have this. In regards to strings, what about localized assets (e.g. textures)? So if i have a button home_en and home_fr it can pick up on using the correct one or all assets ending in _fr for French as an example? (Your documents only mention 'text' and no I don't use the GUI for my buttons I use sprites etc).

A good part of localization is not just the text localisation, but sometimes the art as well.

Also, do any of your plug-ins help for distribution of a free demo app that then links the user to puchase the full app? Or would I just use a weblink to itunes store for this (even though at the time of building i won't know what this is??) Apologies if my questions are a little noob :p

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  40. prime31

prime31

@groovfruit, the answer to your first 2 questions is yes. You can overwrite recordings and there is a sample that shows almost all of the available API along with the plugin.

Localized assets you would be able to do pretty easily by just using the locale string from the plugin as a directory name then just load your textures from the directory or if it doesn't exist use a default. The StoreKit Plugin allows you to use in app purchase which could let a user upgrade from the free to paid versions right in your game. Other than that, your only option is to just open the App Store app to your full priced game.

41. groovfruit

groovfruit

Excellent, thanks Prime :)

42. SteveJ

SteveJ

Just started playing around with the iAd plugin and I'm wondering if there's a debug mode that can be turned on to make sure it's working? I thought there was a dedicated thread for that plugin, but searching for 'iAd' gives no results on the forum... bizarre.

43. synapsemassage

synapsemassage

Hi,
    yesterday I downloaded the latest GameCenterPlugin, but this throws me 9 errors when building the GameCenterTestScene in Xcode 3.2.4. So I roll back to an older Plugin and this one builds without errors. I imported the package to a new empty project in both cases. I add a screenshot of the errors below. I'm using Unity 3.1. and OSX 10.6.4

BTW thanks for your this Plugin, I also purchased Ecetera, glad I don't have to programm this myself ;-)

Attached Files:

44. prime31

prime31

@gappetto, there is no debug mode but if you watch the console in Xcode you will see status messages that will let you know what is happening.

@synapsemessage, are you using iOS 4.2 to build? The newest plugin requires that it is built against 4.2 which will clear up the errors for you.

45. SteveJ

SteveJ

@Prime31 - thanks for that. All I see in the console is the following message constantly repeated:

Does that sound okay? I'm not expecting to see actual ads on my debug device build obviously, but I just want to make sure I'm getting the "correct error" :)

46. SteveJ

SteveJ

I'm having problems with the iAd and Etcetera plugins. When I build to the device, I'm constantly getting these messages and Xcode just stops what it's doing and doesn't finish building. I get one message for iAd, and then the exact same message for Etcetera. Maybe 1 in 10 times it will build and install on the device without issue. Not sure why it's doing it?

47. prime31

prime31

@gappetto, I am guessing you are using Build and Run which won't work. You have to use just Build from Unity because the post processing of your Xcode project won't be finished before Unity tries to run it.

48. mikolo

mikolo

Is this really also to use the iAd PlugIn? Have you tryed?

49. prime31

prime31

I haven't tried with each one individually but there is no reason they would conflict seeing as how the Prime31 Plugins do not modify in any way the existing files (there is one exception, the Etcetera Plugin which needs to modify the AppController file for MSAA and push notifications)

50. mikolo

mikolo

ok thanks... i tryed the iAd Plugin but did not changed PostprocessBuildPlayer to PostprocessBuildPlayer_OpenFeint. So i deinstalled all.
    Next week i will try it again and hope it works :)

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.