Unity Community

Page 9 of 201 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

1. Location
    NYC
    I resolved my iAd issue and the plug in is working perfectly. Thanks!

Using your audio plug in, can I record the audio output of a Unity game while it plays?

2. Posts
    @Kripto, good to hear all is working! The AudioRecorder plugin will only record audio from the microphone.

3. Posts
    Sorry for continuing an already long long thread, but I don't know where else I can post and get noticed in relation to Prime31 and his great plugins.

I have installed the Game Center plugin. I've got it running via Unity 1.7. When I launch it on my device, I see **sandbox** (in portrait mode only btw).

I have a game setup in itunes connect. Game Center is activated and I setup a single leaderboard category for testing.

I can't seem to test scores. Should I be able to?
    When I post a score, I see "retrieveScoresFailed:"..."error communicating with the server".

What can I do to resolve this?

4. Location
    the Netherlands
    I've been trying to get iAds and Mobclix to work together all day, but I'm afraid I have to give up on trying any longer. I totally lack the Xcode experience and can't seem to get it to work.

The project builds fine, but when I run it I get the error:
    "Program received signal: “SIGABRT”
    "Error from Debugger: mi_cmd_stack_list_frames: Not enough frames in stack"
    I think the two plugins are not getting along, I've tried a lot of things, but no results so far...

If you have a solution for this, that would be super. I'd love to show iAds in-game and Mobclix in the menu's.
    Last edited by ParaLogic; 09-30-2010 at 03:55 PM.

5. Posts
    Ok - I just bought iAd plugin and seriously in 7 minutes I have a test advert on screen serverd by Apple - brilliant stuff guys congrats.

I will be purchasing more of these.

Unity iPhone Basic 3.

P.

6. Location
    Gatineau, Quebec

Ad plugins

The issue for me, is you have the auto detection of orientation in there to set the ad.
    My game is using the landscape mode and I want to use a Portrait top ad. I have to manually change the adaptor code in the xcode script to get this to work.

Why do you need to auto detect which orientation the game is using?

If we specify "uncheck lanscape", "unchek bottom", "uncheck auto orientation" it should automatically use a portrait top ad no matter what orientation the game is using.

Its the same issue with the iAd plugin and Mobclix.

7. Posts
    @ratrodstudio, does Apple even allow iAds to be displayed sideways? I can't imagine that would get through their review process.

8. Posts
    @IPete2, glad you like the plugin! A lot of work went into making them as simple as possible to integrate.

9. Location
    Gatineau, Quebec
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime31 View Post
    @ratrodstudio, does Apple even allow iAds to be displayed sideways? I can't imagine that would get through their review process.
    It is allowed, I have 2 popular Lite version with ads running side way. They both been approved without any problems.

10. Posts
    @ratrodstudio, in that case, I'll put that on the list for the next update.

11. Location
    California, US
    Ok, so like usual i have to ask what probably seems obvious to most.

iAds fires no problem. But, it continues onto the next scene.
    How do i shut it off for a scene. Or, for that matter only turn it on for a scene. Is there a nice little true or false option thingy.

thanks
    Paper Monsters made top 10 iPhone this year... WOOT!
    (and #2 on for iPad)
    crescentmoongames.com/Papermonsters

Mobot Studios Website
    MobotStudios.com

12. Posts
    @RobotsVsWizards, this one was a bit odd but Apples iAd banner doesn't have a mechanism to pause it so I didn't add a way to hide it. I didn't want to hide the ad view and have it still receive ads and then mess up the CTR for anyone.

13. Location
    California, US
    So, you gotta leave it on the entire game?
    Thats a bummer.
    Ads are fine on the title screen but, I certainly couldn't have a banner over my gameplay. Not on my current project anyways.

I have seen games with ads only on the title screen.

Is there a way or command to basically just kill it as opposed to trying to enable it, disable it, etc?
    (and #2 on for iPad)

Mobot Studios Website
    MobotStudios.com

14. Location
    Zrich, Switzerland
    you can just release the window thats used to get it over the unity view and create it again as required.

should be rather trivial

15. Posts
    @RobotsVsWizards, I'll add methods to destroy/create the banner in the next update

16. Location
    So Paulo, SP
    Hello there Prime,

I have installed the Game Center plugin on Unity 1.7 and unfortunately when I open the GameCenterMultiplayerTestScene and the GameCenterTestScene absolutely nothing is loaded into the scene. I've followed the instructions of the video " Prime31 GameCenter Plugin Setup with Unity 3 Beta 7 ".

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
    []s Chips
    "A programmer always having fun!"

17. Location
    Chicoutimi, QC
    We recently purchased two of your plugins and they are really well done.

We are having a big problem though specific for our situation.

We are working on a multiplatform game and the scripts will also run when making PC and Mac builds.
    Xcode opens and the build will not complete until we manually close Xcode twice. This is very problematic for us, especially that most of our team develop on PC. We have not yet tested on a PC yet but if it causes issues on a Mac, it should be worst on a PC.

We use the same code and assets on all platforms. Except we disable some features on the platforms that are not supporting them.

It would be really appreciated if you could give us a few hints or a patch in order to resolve this.

PS: We also do automated clean builds. We had to disable the prompt saying the plugin installed properly for iPhone build to work (was not a big deal). For PC and Mac builds, we have to fix the script execution first.

18. Location
    China
    for Pc?delete it....
    My Blog:Http://Www.1Vr.Cn
    Unity Tencent QQ Group:2453819,34643309,7838310,7838228
    Unity Forum: http://www.iu3d.com
    Development Environment:Unity Pro & iPhone Adv & MacBook Pro & iPhone & iPod & iPad & Zpad.

19. Location
    California, US
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime31 View Post
    @RobotsVsWizards, I'll add methods to destroy/create the banner in the next update
    Thanks!

Looking forward to it!
    (and #2 on for iPad)

Mobot Studios Website
    MobotStudios.com

20. Location
    Chicoutimi, QC
    Quote Originally Posted by Minevr View Post
    for Pc?delete it....
    Good and easy solution for PC, thanks. I deleted PostProcessBuildPlayer file and it seems to be enough to build successfully on the Mac with non iPhone builds.

I found another solution that will work on Mac on any build type, the build type is received in the second arguments.

I added the following code right after the #!/usr/bin/perl in each of the PostProcessBuildPlayer_PLUGINNAME
    Code:  
    1. if ( $ARGV[1] ne "iPhone" )
    2. {
    3.     exit;
    4. }

Prime31, you are free to add that in your plugins if you want.

I will look at what could be done for PC tomorrow.

Page 9 of 201 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast