Unity Community

Page 79 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 3998

1. Posts
    @Dream, the setPopoverPoint method should be just what you are looking for.

2. Posts
    Thanks Prime. That's exactly what I was looking for. I guess I should've read the iOS Human Interface Guidelines. >_<

3. Posts
    Hi Prime31,

I can't find Native Toolkit anymore on your site. Is it discontinued for some reason?

4. Posts
    @Lisan, NativeToolkit is discontinued for the time being. It may be brought back in the future.

5. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime31 View Post
    @Lisan, NativeToolkit is discontinued for the time being. It may be brought back in the future.
    But why? Is it have incompatibility with current Unity version? Can i use already downloaded version or it won't work correctly?

6. Posts
    @Lisan, supporting it required too much time as it is a very free form plugin.

7. Location
    San Francisco, CA
    @Prime31, the queryLibrary( string songTitle, string artist, string album ) function in the latest MediaPlayer is great, but would it be possible to have another play that takes an assetUrl, similar to playPlaylist( string playlistId )?

8. Posts
    @kevork, for now we are going to leave it with the two different interfaces. One for simple integration and one for advanced. You can actually make a custom player with the current advanced API without much trouble.

9. Posts
    @prime31 - In the iAd plugin, how do I display the ad on the top of the screen instead of the bottom?

10. Posts
    @Atomic, the createBanner method lets you specify the exact point where the banner should be. Just pass in 0,0 to get it on the top.

11. Location
    Lincoln, UK
    @Prime31. In the Mobclix plugin, is it possible to tell when an ad has been clicked on? And in the Game Center Multiplayer plugin, is a player automatically kicked out the game if they leave the app due to multitasking?

I have not used the Multiplayer plugin yet, but I am looking at doing an ad-supported multiplayer game. I hope to be able to see if a player is leaving the game due to an ad-click, and give them the opportunity to return if they have. I do not want to punish a player for earning me money!
    ShootStorm : iOS WP8
    Psychroma : iOS

12. Posts
    @MoonJump, the multiplayer API will fire an event when a player leaves a match but there isn't a way to send back an ad click when a user leaves the app as the Unity VM is immediately paused.

13. Location
    Lincoln, UK
    Thank you Prime31. Looks like I may be better going for an interstitial ad before each match, rather than banner ads during a match.

I'm not sure about how the interstitials work. I see the calls you have in your documentation, but I don't see Interstitials as a size option on the Mobclix website. What do I need to set-up to get them working? Do I need to set up a banner before requesting a full screen ad?
    ShootStorm : iOS WP8
    Psychroma : iOS

14. Posts
    @Moonjump, the demo scene will show you how to load and display interstitials. I don't believe you have to sign up for anything special on the Mobclix portal but you may want to double check their docs just to be certain.

15. Posts

Got it working for iPad now...

Okay, it worked with the following

Code:  
    1. public void Start()
    2.     {
    3.         // start up iAd and destroy ourself
    4.         AdBinding.createAdBanner( bannerOnBottom );
    5.         AdBinding.rotateToOrientation( DeviceOrientation.LandscapeLeft );
    6.         //Screen.orientation = ( ScreenOrientation )Input.deviceOrientation;
    7.         Screen.orientation = ScreenOrientation.LandscapeLeft;
    8.        }

Thanks a lot.

16. Location
    england
    Hi prime,
    Is there already a forum specifically for the GameCenter Multiplayer plugin? If not could you begin one...? This thread is so big now trying to find particular information is too time consuming... ( unless I'm missing something in the forum search tools )

Thanks.
    Games Published: Tomb Raider I, Tomb Raider II, Mr Onions, Outbrake, Project Eden, Machine Head, Curse of Enchantia, Universe... and others.

17. Posts
    @stuatk, the forum search tools aren't the greatest. I personally use a Google custom to search the forums like this: http://www.google.com/cse/m?cx=00595...eme=MINIMALIST

18. Posts
    Hi prime31...i am using your admob plugin, its very good. now i want to combine it with banners i made myself for our different product. so i would like to display it over admob banner, how can i pause the display of admob banner and later (based on timer) to display it again?

thanks!

here is the code i am using right now for testing, not yet implemented this what i want just a timer

Code:  
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    5. public class AdMobAndroidAdapter : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    7. #if UNITY_ANDROID
    9.     public string adMobPubliserId;
    10.     public string[] testDevices;
    12.     float startTime;
    13.     float elapsedTime;
    14.     float rotateTime;
    15.     bool showCustomBanner;
    18.     void Awake(){
    20.         startTime=Time.time;
    21.         rotateTime=10.0f;      
    23.     }
    25.     void Update(){
    28.         elapsedTime=Time.time-startTime;
    30.         if(elapsedTime>rotateTime)
    31.         {
    33.             elapsedTime=0.0f;
    34.             startTime=startTime+rotateTime;
    35.             showCustomBanner=!showCustomBanner;
    37.         }
    39.         Debug.Log("Elapsed Time: " + elapsedTime + " showCustomBanner: " + showCustomBanner);
    42.     }
    45.     void Start()
    46.     {      
    48.         AdMobAndroid.init(adMobPubliserId);
    50.         //PUT HERE TEST DEVICES
    51.         AdMobAndroid.setTestDevices(testDevices);
    53.         var density = AdMobAndroid.getScreenDensity();
    54.         //Debug.Log(density.ToString());
    56.         // center the banner.  this is a basic setup with centered banners
    57.         if(isTablet()){
    58.             AdMobAndroid.createBanner( AdMobAndroidAd.tablet468x60, ( Screen.width / 2 ) - 234 * density, Screen.height-(60*density) );
    59.             //Debug.Log("create banner for tablet");
    60.         }else{
    61.             //placed at the bottom right corner
    62.             AdMobAndroid.createBanner( AdMobAndroidAd.phone320x50,Screen.width - 320 * density, Screen.height-(50*density));
    63.             //Debug.Log("create banner for for phone");
    64.         }
    65.     }
    68.     bool isTablet()
    69.     {
    70.         // check for tablet sized screens
    71.         if( Screen.width >= 1000 || Screen.height >= 1000 ){
    72.             return true;
    73.         }else{     
    74.             return false;
    75.         }
    76.     }
    77. #endif
    78. }

19. Posts
    @pretender, you can toggle the visibility of the banner by just calling hideBanner( true/false ). You can then show your ads while it's hidden.

20. Posts
    Hi Prime31... I am using the MoPub plugin for both IOS and Android to draw banner ads. My client is requesting that I load an ad off-screen and then have it scroll onto the screen. I did not see a way to do this with the current plugin. Is there a way I can set the x and y of a banner after it has loaded? If not is there plans to add this feature in the future? (Note: Current banner just blinks in final position once it is loaded, so everything is working). Thanks.