Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Prime31 Unity Plugins Officially Live! [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by prime31, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greaterfool

greaterfool

I vote for a VGA out plugin.

2. prime31

prime31

@Moonjump, you can't do app ratings from in the app. All you can do is open the apps page in the App Store which I believe Unity already exposes.

@greaterfool, VGA out could be a good one for games.

@mehware, did you try the Mobclix plugin in an empty project as a quick test? I grabbed the OF source code but it is huge and I don't have time to go through it all so I can't see what they are doing. I would suggest initializing OF after Mobclix but OF doesn't give you that luxury...

3. mehware

mehware

@Prime31, I'll do the test now. The only relevant OF file you need to worry about is the AppController+OpenFeint.mm Thats where they mix OpenFeint and Unity.

I thought of just getting rid of OpenFeint and using your GameCenter plugin, but GameCenter is 4.1 only and something we will use in our next project. Our app is good back to 3.0 right now.

I'll look in the openfeint code to and I'll do an empty project test real quick and report back.

- Matt

4. prime31

prime31

@mehware, OF's hooks are in the AppController but what window/view creation could be anywhere. I am guessing from what you have said about the ads registering that OF may be creating a new window and it happens to be key when the Mobclix plugin kicks in which then puts the ad banner in the hidden OF window but this is all conjecture. If Mobclix works in a separate, empty project then it will confirm that something OF is doing to the view hierarchy is conflicting.

5. mehware

mehware

I made a quick empty project test called MobClixTest (original I know)

I got the MobClix plugin integrated properly pop up and...

Here are my results.

So everything is good with my admin setup.

So I believe your right. Maybe I should try delaying the startup of the plugin? 5 seconds into the app.. I dunno just thinking out loud.

Thanks for your continued support..

- Matt

6. prime31

prime31

@mehware, I would try it the other way around. Make sure the Mobclix plugin is in the absolute first scene loaded. Then start up OF after a delay.

7. mehware

mehware

Well GREAT News...

Mobclix Plugin Works Perfectly with OpenFeint out of the Box!!! (I am running iOS 4.1 and OpenFeint SDK 2.5.1)

You don't have to worry about a thing. I was integrating OpenFeint wrong, their post processor didn't include AppController+OpenFeint.mm and OpenFeintSettingsDefines.h in my build! It ran but messed everything up. Its the key files to work with Unity.

Here are the new results..

* MobClix displaying an iAD test ad at the top

*MobClix displaying an iAd test ad at the bottom

This plugin is great and only $5.00, thats less than lunch money kids.

All I had to do to make the upcoming ad based free version of my game Viking Funeral Free is click the Unity3D MobClix plugin package and drag the prefab into the scene and choose bottom or top. (As seen above).

Again OpenFeint works seamlessly (pending no stupid mehware user error) with MobClix running!!!

If anyone has issues with OpenFeint at all feel free to PM me, I feel like I have integrated it too many times ;) I can also help out if you anyone needs MobClix admin setup.

This plugin along with the GameKit plugin I have used has saved me hours of time and the code is clean. And as Prime31 mentions, you can get as many plugins as you want, they are isolated and don't interfere with each other.

Keep up the work Prime31... I'll be grabbing GameCenter next ;)

- Matt

8. prime31

prime31

@mehware, glad to see you got it up and running!

9. Moonjump

Moonjump

Thank you for that info. I'd seen someone asking for that in the forums, and the reply was to write a plugin. And I thought I know the man for the job. but as you say, no go. I seem to have unintentionally been a bit of a pest on this thread. Sorry.

One last question. I am definitely buying the Game Center plugin, and am considering the Mobclix plugin. As there are hopefully a few people using it now, I am wondering if someone could say how much Mobclix affects performance?

10. prime31

prime31

@Moonjump, I wouldn't say you were a pest, just asking some questions that are hard to find answers to. As for performance, it shouldn't affect things too much because the ad banner is opaque. If it were transparant, that would be a whole other story but it isn't so all is good.

11. voidmaystorm

voidmaystorm

just one more short question:
    this plugins require unity pro, right?
    wont run on unity 1.7 with iPhone basic...

is that correct?

thanks!
    thomas

12. ibyte

ibyte

Thats correct - Unity 1.7 must be pro to use plug-ins.

13. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

I bought your iAd plugin and created a new project. Added the test scene included. Selected the 4.1 SDK. Build it. There is nothing on the screen?

I tried it with another project and still no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

14. prime31

prime31

@Lostlogic, first off check the Xcode logs while running the app for clues. I am guessing that you may not have setup your app in iTunes Connect. Apple won't send you iAds until your app is setup in iTunes Connect and properly se the bundle identifier in Unitys Player Settings.

15. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Is there a way to see a blank image? I see nothing on the screen so far.

16. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Another problem..I bought your mobclix plugin also and added it's scene to a empty project. Selected 4.1. Built and has 6 errors. Says symbol(s) not found.

17. prime31

prime31

@LostLogic, until Unity gets support for iOS 4.1 there are a couple things you need to make sure get set to get things linked up properly. There error you are seeing is almost 100% because Unity is setting the library search path to an older or non-existant SDK. There is a video that shows all the changes that need to be made to get Unity linking to iOS the 4.1 SDK folders here. Also, be sure you have the latest plugin version. You can use the original download link to get it. The new Xcode version that comes with iOS 4.1 has a different way of linking the frameworks up and the latest plugin will use that method. Once Unity adds support for 4.1 all the linking will be done for you but until then you have to be careful with the build settings especially when you choose 'replace' when building from Unity.

18. cheezorg

cheezorg

Any updates on the Etcetera plugin? :)

19. prime31

prime31

The Social Networking plugin will be coming first with Twitter and Facebook integration. After that comes the Etcetera plugin.

20. iphonedev

iphonedev

I was able to get plugin to post test iAds. I first had to install the iAd tester than dropped in the sample ad included. After this the Plugin now shows the test iAd with out having to register the app with ITC.

Anyone get the plugin to work with iPad yet?

21. ibyte

ibyte

iAd's are iOS 4.0 and above

iByte

22. iphonedev

iphonedev

Working with iOS 4.2 on the iPad.

23. ibyte

ibyte

I downloaded the 4.1 and XCode 4 Beta yesterday. I must have just missed the update.

Thanks for the info.

iByte

24. prime31

prime31

The Social Networking plugin just went live! For more info, see this post.

25. ibyte

ibyte

I upgraded to the latest mobclix plug-in and after a few tweaks it's up and running.

I have run into an issue. I start my game holding the device in portrait mode.

All is well until i turn the device to landscape and my entire game including the mobclix ad's goes into landscape mode.

If I turn the device back to portrait my game and mobclix stays in landscape mode.

iByte

26. prime31

prime31

@iByte, if you use the prefab included with the test project (or just grab the code from it) you will be able to limit rotation to just landscape left/right. The code you want is in the MobclixAdapter.cs file's Update method. It sounds like you want to limit it to portrait so just modify the script to be portrait only (instead of landscape only as it currently is). I'll add a toggle in for the next update as well.

27. samshosho

samshosho

Hey Prime,

I got your StoreKit Plugin, and once imported in Unity 1.7 pro, i get parsing errors right away!

Assets/Plugins/StoreKit/StoreKitBinding.cs(70,23): error CS8025: Parsing error
    Assets/Plugins/StoreKit/StoreKitEventListener.cs(32,39): error CS1041: Identifier expected
    Assets/Plugins/StoreKit/StoreKitManager.cs(12,67): error CS1041: Identifier expected
    Assets/Plugins/StoreKit/StoreKitManager.cs(71,37): error CS1002: Expecting `;'

Can you tell me what am i doing wrong ?

28. prime31

prime31

I just emailed you but just in case anyone else has this issue I'll post here too. Be sure to read the General section in the docs (http://prime31.com/unityDocs). It details how to change your .NET compatibility to 2.0 which will clear up the errors for you.

29. samshosho

samshosho

Errors are gone, just one thing to note for everyone, you need to remove the plugin first, set the net to 2.1, then import the plugin again, other wise if you try to change the net to 2.1 and the plugin already in your project, the errors will not go away....

Thanks for the quick reply,,,
    I am off to add the in app products, hope all goes smooth ,,,

30. prime31

prime31

@samshosho, a quick word of warning for you about Apples in app purchase sandbox: it can be really, really slow to add/update products sometimes. I had delays of over 24 hours on a few occasions. You will know it hasn't been added yet when you see some really odd errors that don't make any sense and the descriptions will return as empty or old.

31. samshosho

samshosho

Hey Prime, thanks for your support so far,,, great help...

Well, got all scene ready with the c# script you provided for testing...

Wow, great ,, everything works just fine,,,
    Only one suggestion,,, i know you mentioned that you don't deal with JavaScript unity,,

However i am amongst many developers that are not that good when it comes to c# ,
    is it possible to at least provide that c# file you provide (the GUI product manager one) in JavaScript ,,,
    that will be a huge addition to your already awsome work and support...

Please !

32. Moonjump

Moonjump

I have already purchased the Game Center plugin, although I am yet to implement it. I was also considering the Mobclix plugin, but I spoke to another developer who has already purchased it, and he says it does not support the Retina Display or iPad resolutions. Is this correct?

33. prime31

prime31

@MoonJump, everything looks fine to me at retina resolution (see attached image). It also works fine on the iPad though it only supports the standard 320 x 50 ads. There are some larger, more square ads that are iPad specific that it does not yet support.

Attached Files:

34. Moonjump

Moonjump

Thank you Prime31. I'll be buying it once the paid app is sorted.

35. Hilm

Hilm

Having some trouble with the MobClix plugin... Get the following error on importing it into a blank project:

"the type or namespace 'DeviceOrientation' could not be found."

If anyone could let me know a fix?

Cheers,
    Adam G

36. prime31

prime31

@Hilm, I'm guessing you are still using Unity 1.7. Just replace DeviceOrientation with iPhoneDeviceOrientation and you should be good to go.

37. Hilm

Hilm

Still getting some errors; is there a newer unity version that can compile to iPhone that I dont know about?

Also I'm using agon, so can you let me know how I can avoid the post-process player screwing things up?

Cheers,
    Adam G

38. prime31

prime31

Oops. I mistyped that. The enum is iPhoneOrientation and you can check it with iPhoneInput.orientation. So replace DeviceOrientaiton with iPhoneOrientation and replace Input.deviceOrientation to iPhoneInput.orientation. My brain is getting scrambled trying to remember old school Unity 1.7 stuff...

To deal with multiple PostprocessBuildScripts just rename the agon one to end in _agon. Be sure both plugin build scripts are in there and it will execute the Agon and Mobclix scripts with that naming convention.

39. Hilm

Hilm

Ok, and last question - what is the function I need to call/ how do I call it in a javascript file in order to make the add's appear?

Cheers,
    Adam G

40. prime31

prime31

@Hilm, it is 100% identical to the C# demo script included with the plugin:

first call:

Code (csharp):
    1. MobclixBinding.start()
    then call:

Code (csharp):
    1. MobclixBinding.showBanner( true );
    Or you could just drop the prefab into the first scene of your game.

41. greaterfool

greaterfool

Thanks for the easy integration for ipod control. Do you know if the media picker has issues on the iPad OS3.2 ? I can't select albums or playlists and the song picker doesn't respond much. I can't tell if it has selected the song or not. I'm still on Unity 1.7. Works great on the iPhone.

42. prime31

prime31

@greaterfool, I am out of town until Tuesday but I will give it all a check and let you know what I find then.

43. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello Prime 31,

thank you for your professional work and great support.

i have just bought all your Plug- In !

44. prime31

prime31

@Andrea Monzini, thanks a lot! Enjoy them and I look forward to seeing your final creation!

45. Deleted User

Deleted User

I got an app approved today using the iAd plugin and it works swimmingly! (it's a universal app running in native resolutions on all devices) For a moment I thought there might be an audio bug after viewing an ad and returning to the game, but I might have been imagining that. An app with the Game Center plugin is in review...they're both built with beta versions of Unity 3.0.

46. dcp468

dcp468

Hi Prime

Regarding the iAd plugin:
    My game is going to be in landscape mode so In my player settings I've set the Default Orientation = Landscape Right. Now when I run the test scene on my iDevice the ad will always appear by default either on the LEFT or RIGHT depending on if I have the BannerOnBottom property set to TRUE or FALSE in the Prefab (see attached screen shots).

Now if I rotate my device around and back to the way I should hold it (I.E. Landscape Right) the ad does eventually fix itself however if it does show up it doesn't always respond to any touches (I.E. the ad doesn't display), and you usually have to touch it on the far left of the ad to invoke the test ad.

The 1st 2nd image: Unity is set to Landscape Right in the player settings and the Prefab's BannerOnBottom property is set to TRUE and FALSE (Tried out both options). The last image is when I rotated the device around.

Is this a bug?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  47. prime31

prime31

@dcp468, which Unity version are you using? There are some bugs in the latest couple Unity 3 RC's that I believe were fixed in RC5/final.

48. ratrodstudio

ratrodstudio

RESOLVED
    --------------------------

Hi, I am using the Mobclix plugin which works great. Only issue is I commented out the code in MobClixManager.mm in order to enable Admob:

//If you wish to use AdMob, enter your AdMob publisher key below and you will need to manually
    // include the AdMob library and framework dependencies. Also be sure to uncomment this method.

Code (csharp):
    1. - (NSString*)adView:(MobclixAdView*)adView publisherKeyForSuballocationRequest:(MCAdsSuballocationType)suballocationType
    2. {
    3.     // AdMob integration
    4.     if( suballocationType == kMCAdsSuballocationAdMob )
    5.         return @"myadmobkeyhere";
    6.     return nil;
    7. }
    I installed the latest Admob SDK, library and required framework. The ads are appearing, but they are unclickable. (nothing happens when pressed, also the buttons located under the banner are active)

I was wondering if you tested your Mobclix plugin using admob too? if yes, did you experience any of those issues?
    thanks

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  49. dcp468

dcp468

Actually I'm using Unity 3.0 F5

50. ratrodstudio

ratrodstudio

no worries, I got Admob working well now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.