Unity Community

Page 29 of 201 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    @Prime31
    How do you fancy writing a CoreAudio plugin?!

2. Posts
    Hi Folks,

How i check if my iPhone has an gyroscope?

3. Location
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoNgai View Post
    I tried it several more times but still no testing iAd banners show up. Also, there are no any error messages. What's mean of "Be sure to watch the logs."? Thanks!
    Hi Prime31,

I still did not get the iAd plugin work on iPad because I consistently received "Ad Inventory Not Available" errors. After upgrading to iOS 4.3 with the hope of it will work, I received even more error messages. My questions:

1) Does your iAd plugin magic script work on iOS 4.3? If there is an update, can I get it?
    2) Up till now, does that "Ad Inventory Not Available" errors problem resolved?

Thanks a lot!

Leo

4. Posts
    @prime31

I bought the Augmented reality plugin, but it doesn't work on iPad2. The screen stays blank and doesn't show the camera-view. Capture doesn't start. Will there be an update?

Also: is it possible to control exposure with the plugin? There's a method in the AVCApturedevice class called ExposureMode, it would be great to have that supported.

5. Posts
    Sorry about the delayed response. No emails came from the forum again when the replies were added

@synapsemessage, the forced orientation is required because Unity technically has only one orientation: portait. They don't ever autorotate the game view.

@RolfBertram.com, "autorotate ad" is asking if you want to plugin to handle rotating the ad for you. Allow landscape is asking if you want landscape orientations to be supported. All the plugins will work fine with iOS 4.3.1. Xcode 4 on the other hand has some bugs with the scripting interface so if you are going to update Xcode to version 4 shoot me an email and I'll get you a beta of the new post process build system.

@Matt, CoreAudio is a HUGE framework. What specifically are you looking for?

@LeoNgai, there is nothing that can be done about the "Ad Inventory Not Available" errors. They are piped directly from Apple's servers and as you can tell by the error it means there is no ad available to show.

@stairs, you can check for gyro support by device using the Application class. There are only a few devices with gyros right now.

@invaders, I answered you via email but so that everyone gets the same info you can currently just hack in support to get you running until Unity releases an update with proper iPad 2 detection via the Application class. Modify the startCameraCapture method in the ARBinding.cs to have a case for the iPad 2 just like it does for all the other devices. You can fake detection by checking like this:

Code:  
    1. if( Screen.width == 1024 || Screen.height == 1024 )

We'll get exposure support in the next update.

6. Location
    Dallas, TX
    Bought game center plugin and have it working fine. Added native plugin from asset store and have a question. I'd prefer not to replace my xcode project -- is there a way I can add the native plugin without build + replace? It doesn't seem to run the post processing script if I do build + append. Can I copy files over manually?

edit: well... it doesn't seem to run the post processing script even if I create a fresh xcode project. What could cause this?

7. Posts
    @Jtown, the Unity Asset Store seems to reset the executable flag on the PostprocessBuildPlayer* files. You can reset it by running the following command in Terminal while in the directory with the post process files:

chmod a+x PostprocessBuildPlayer*

8. Location
    Perth, Australia
    Hi Prime,

I'm implementing the AdWhirl plugin with iAds and AdMob, and all works great on the iPhone/iPod. However, on the iPad the iAds are iPad sized, but are being rendered into a 320x50 frame so they get cropped. Any way to resize the AdWhirl frame for the iPad, or have I missed something?
    Simon Edis - Ezone.com

Unity iPhone Games: Diversion | Crazy Snowboard | Turkey Blast Reloaded | Scarecrow | Galactic Gunner

9. Posts
    @ezone, the AdWhirl SDK doesn't yet support the iPad. They are supposed to be adding supposed in the next release. You have all the source so technically you could modify it to get it working with the iPad but I'm not sure how far reaching the changes required would be.

10. Location
    Perth, Australia
    Ahh, that explains it! Thanks for the (as always) rapid response. I guess I'll just keep iAds in there for now (unfortunately it's a Universal).
    Simon Edis - Ezone.com

Unity iPhone Games: Diversion | Crazy Snowboard | Turkey Blast Reloaded | Scarecrow | Galactic Gunner

11. Location
    Dallas, TX
    So I've looked at the docs and the example for the native plugin but I'm still not too great with C# (not sure how the 'event' thing works). I'm sort of confused how I'd trigger my own function when the user gets a txt etc. Where do I specify what my game should do when an interruption occurs? Code snippet example would be greatly appreciated!

12. Posts
    @Jtown, have a look through the source code. It has examples of calling methods in both directions. We made the NativeToolkit Plugin so people could explore the source and learn from it.

13. Location
    Dallas, TX
    So if I have the nativetoolkitmanager prefab in the scene and I get a txt,

Code:  
    1. public void applicationWillResignActive( string empty )
    2.     {
    3.         print("interrupted!");
    4.         if( appWillResignActive != null )
    5.             appWillResignActive();
    8.     }
    Should this print? I see nothing

I looked through source code -- I think I understood it. I still don't get how NativeToolkitManager.cs works.

14. Location
    London, UK
    Hi,
    I purchased the iad plugin, however when i run it i get 66 errors. I simply took the prefab and placed it in first scene, am i missing something? Here are some of the errors i get, deleted most of it to fit in the post.

Code:  
    1. CompileC build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/AdBinding.o ../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdBinding.m normal armv6 objective-c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
    2. cd "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution"
    3. setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
    4. setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    5. /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -x objective-c -arch armv6 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -std=c99 -Wno-trigraphs -fno-objc-exceptions -fpascal-strings -Os -Wreturn-type -Wunused-variable -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.2.sdk -fvisibility=hidden -mno-thumb -miphoneos-version-min=3.1.3 -iquote "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-generated-files.hmap" "-I/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-own-target-headers.hmap" "-I/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-all-target-headers.hmap" -iquote "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-
    7. In file included from /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdBinding.m:9:
    8. /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdManager.h:13: error: cannot find protocol declaration for 'ADInterstitialAdDelegate'
    9. /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdManager.h:20: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'ADInterstitialAd'
    10. /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdManager.h:32: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'ADInterstitialAd'
    12. CompileC build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/AdManager.o ../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdManager.mm normal armv6 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
    13. cd "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution"
    14. setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
    15. setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    16. /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -x objective-c++ -arch armv6 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fno-objc-exceptions -fpascal-strings -Os -Wreturn-type -Wunused-variable -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.2.sdk -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -mno-thumb -miphoneos-version-min=3.1.3 -iquote "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-generated-files.hmap" "-I/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-own-target-headers.hmap" "-I/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-
    17. CompileC build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/AdBinding.o ../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdBinding.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_2
    18. cd "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution"
    19. setenv LANG en_US.US-ASCII
    20. setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    21. /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -x objective-c -arch armv7 -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -std=c99 -Wno-trigraphs -fno-objc-exceptions -fpascal-strings -Os -Wreturn-type -Wunused-variable -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.2.sdk -fvisibility=hidden -mno-thumb -miphoneos-version-min=3.1.3 -iquote "/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-generated-files.hmap" "-I/Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/bankdashFREE-own-target-headers.hmap" "-I/Games
    23. In file included from /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdBinding.m:9:
    24. /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdManager.h:13: error: cannot find protocol declaration for 'ADInterstitialAdDelegate'
    25. /Games Programming/Unity/MyProjects/TheGetaway/XCodeDistribution/../Assets/Editor/iAd/AdManager.h:20: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'ADInterstitialAd'
    26. '

Any help would be appreciated. These errors are in xcode, and it complies normally without the iad plugin.

15. Posts
    @moodiesw, it looks to me like you aren't using the lastest iOS SDK. Grab a copy of iOS 4.3.0 or 4.3.1 and it should compile fine for you.

16. Location
    London, UK
    Wow, i've been out of the loop for a while it seems. Didn't even noticed xcode4 was out. Thanks, downloading now.

17. Posts
    @moodiesw, I'd personally avoid Xcode 4 unless you enjoy frustration and pain. You can still get iOS 4.3.1 with Xcode 3. The link is under the one for Xcode 4.

18. Posts
    Hi. i'm having some problems with the SocialNetworking Plugin, i don't know how to add permissions to my Facebook App. The company need's me to create a Purikura application to iPad (sometimes i hate my job) and i need to access not just the profile picture but also the user's albums pictures and his friends albums pictures. Without the permission the graphRequest function in "me/albums" returns an empty ArrayList from "data" key of the Hashtable's request. Any suggestions or better ways??

19. Posts
    @herbert6, you will have to check the Facebook docs to find out exactly which permissions you need and then ask for them by changing the login method (line 64 of FacebookManager.mm) slightly. The current line looks like this:

Code:  
    1. [_facebook authorize:_appId permissions:[NSArray arrayWithObject:@"publish_stream"] delegate:self];

to add a permission for doing_stuff, you would just change it to:

Code:  
    1. [_facebook authorize:_appId permissions:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:@"publish_stream", @"doing_stuff", nil] delegate:self];

20. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime31 View Post
    @moodiesw, I'd personally avoid Xcode 4 unless you enjoy frustration and pain. You can still get iOS 4.3.1 with Xcode 3. The link is under the one for Xcode 4.
    Well sh$% I downloaded it without thinking and now I'm having tons of errors. Can I rip it out and install ios 4.3.1 xcode 3?