Unity Community

Page 15 of 200 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    @synapsemassage, all the button titles use the iOS localization feature. Just add a Localizable.string file for every language you want to support and the plugin will pick up the proper text based on the locale of the device.

2. Posts
    Hi Prime

To day I brought MobClix plugin. I am getting errors in Xcode, I am using Xcode 4.0 version and target device is 3.2. What should I do?

Ld build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/admobtest2 normal armv6
    cd /Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4
    setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 4.0
    setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch armv6 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.0.sdk -L/Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4/build -L/Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4 -L/Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4/Libraries -F/Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4/build -filelist /Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/admobtest2.LinkFileList -dead_strip -Wl,-S,-x -miphoneos-version-min=4.0 -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework OpenAL -liconv.2 -liPhone-lib -framework AudioToolbox -framework CFNetwork -framework MediaPlayer -framework CoreLocation -framework SystemConfiguration -liPhoneNetwork -o /Users/vimukti/AdMobTest/mobClix4/build/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv6/admobtest2

Undefined symbols:
    "__mobclixSetRefreshTime", referenced from:
    __mobclixSetRefreshTime$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o
    (maybe you meant: __mobclixSetRefreshTime$non_lazy_ptr)
    "__mobclixHideBanner", referenced from:
    __mobclixHideBanner$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o
    (maybe you meant: __mobclixHideBanner$non_lazy_ptr)
    "__mobclixStart", referenced from:
    __mobclixStart$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o
    (maybe you meant: __mobclixStart$non_lazy_ptr)
    "__mobclixShowBanner", referenced from:
    __mobclixShowBanner$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o
    (maybe you meant: __mobclixShowBanner$non_lazy_ptr)
    "__mobclixLogEvent", referenced from:
    __mobclixLogEvent$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o
    (maybe you meant: __mobclixLogEvent$non_lazy_ptr)
    "__mobclixRotateToOrientation", referenced from:
    __mobclixRotateToOrientation$non_lazy_ptr in RegisterMonoModules.o
    (maybe you meant: __mobclixRotateToOrientation$non_lazy_ptr)
    ld: symbol(s) not found
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

3. Posts
    It looks like the files aren't being copied into Xcode. You can verify by looking in your Xcode project for a Mobclix folder. Files don't get copied when you have another PostprocessBuild file interfering, Xcode is not closed when you build from Unity or you use Build and Run instead of just build from Unity.

That being said it is also quite possible Xcode 4 does not respond to the same scripting calls for modifying the project.

4. Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey guys, my iAd app has been released to the store, but I still don't see ads in the live version. iTunes Connect shows that live ads are being served but all the counts are zero.

Not sure if ads still only work in certain countries too? I'm in Australia, and I thought maybe they only show up for folks in the US? I've included some promo codes down below - hoping someone might be able to check it for me and maybe PM me if you're seeing ads? The iAd version of the app is "Loon" v1.2.

The doco says:

You have two options: drag and drop the included prefab into the first scene of your game or simply call AdBinding.createAdBanner().
    I just dragged the prefab into the main game scene and didn't do anything else. That's all that's required right? And I assume it works with Unity 3.1 and the latest iOS SDK?

I'm just trying to find some confirmation that ads are working so I can switch the app to free. Otherwise I need to get the problem figured out so I can push through another update to the store.

69WWY3WFAKMT
    FR439EM7M7JA
    3WLN3A6YPFPA
    EXTNNMTAT3JH
    NWEN49Y6JAFH

5. Posts
    @gepetto, I just tried Loon and iAds showed up for me. It is probably just that they haven't rolled out to AU yet.

6. Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Thank you so much for that! I really appreciate it. I'll flick it over to free now.

Cheers!

7. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime31 View Post
    @stairs, you should ALWAYS build against the latest iOS SDK available (4.2 right now). That being said, it looks like your error might be that you are trying to do a simulator build and Unity doesn't support plugins in the simulator.
    Thanks, I can now compile and deploy the test scene, but it not work at all..the scene runs, i tap the "Start DeviceMotion" and nothing happens I move the iPad around but i don't see any changes. What's wrong now??

8. Posts
    @stairs, watch the Xcode logs for clues. If you have a WiFi only iPad it is possible it doesn't have a gyro. I don't have a non 3G to test on so I can't say for sure.

9. Location
    Lincoln, UK
    I'm working on the Lite version of my game. It uses the Game Center and MobClix plugins.

I've spent the last 10 hours trying every combination to get around a problem. The game crashes every time the Mobclixbanner prefab appears. The following message appears in Xcode: GD8: Program received signal: "SIGABRT".

Initially I had the banner and Game Center starting at the same time at the opening of my second scene. I didn't know which was causing the problem. So I changed to having the banner Instantiate 10 seconds after the scene start. It is definitely the banner appearing that triggers the crash.

I downloaded both plugins again to make sure I had the latest and imported them. I don't import the multiplayer files of GC (I have to delete 2 multiplayer references in GameCenterManager.mm). I did try deleting the GC plugin, then import the complete version as a test, but got 12 Xcode errors relating to multiplayer items not referenced, so went back to my usual limited set.

I registered with Mobclix today, getting the Application ID and copied it into the text file into Editor > Mobclix > MobclixapplicationID.

I have tried Mobclix with test ads enabled and disabled.

Even using the Application ID that is in the plugin by default doesn't stop the problem.

I have set up iAd for the project in iTunes Connect. Should I have done? There appears no way to go back to test with it not enabled.

I'm running Xcode in debug mode because of Game Center. Is this OK for Mobclix also?

I have tried setting up the game with Airport mode enabled so that there is no data coming in to cause the problem. It still crashes.

I am using Unity iPhone 3.1. iOS 4.2. No other plugins.

EDIT:

And I am doing a build. Making sure the messages appear for plugin integration. Then doing a build and run.
    Last edited by Moonjump; 11-21-2010 at 04:15 PM.
    ShootStorm : iOS WP8
    Psychroma : iOS

10. Posts
    @Moonjump, there should be no conflict at all between GameCenter and Mobclix. Just to be certain, if you don't show the Mobclix banner at all do you get a crash? When you get the crash, can you press the step through button in the debugger and see where it is actually crashing?

11. Posts
    @Prime, It looks like the files aren't being copied into Xcode. You can verify by looking in your Xcode project for a Mobclix folder. Files don't get copied when you have another PostprocessBuild file interfering, Xcode is not closed when you build from Unity or you use Build and Run instead of just build from Unity.

That being said it is also quite possible Xcode 4 does not respond to the same scripting calls for modifying the project.
    yes exactly, Now my test game is running fine but first time I got the error "An error has occurred. Click here for more details.", So I changed my add size to 468x60 and also checked with 728x90, now no errors and no adds are displaying. What may be the problem?

12. Posts
    @stairs, watch the Xcode logs for clues. If you have a WiFi only iPad it is possible it doesn't have a gyro. I don't have a non 3G to test on so I can't say for sure.
    Yes...saddly the wifi only iPad doesn't have a Gyro! The code works fine in my iPhone 4 now.. Thanks.

13. Location
    Lincoln, UK
    @Moonjump, there should be no conflict at all between GameCenter and Mobclix. Just to be certain, if you don't show the Mobclix banner at all do you get a crash? When you get the crash, can you press the step through button in the debugger and see where it is actually crashing?
    If I don't show the banner, there is no crash.

I've sent an image of what I see in the debugger to your questions email address. I hope that is the right thing to do.
    ShootStorm : iOS WP8
    Psychroma : iOS

14. Posts
    @murali.vvn, have you been approved for iPad sized ads on the Mobclix portal?

15. Location
    FL - USA
    Hello

We are using the iAd plugin and it seems to work now on 4.2. However the rotated (landscape) still has the same problem on the iPhone where only the left-most portion of it activates the ads.

On iPad the active area is larger but only the left half of it activates the ads. Additionally, the banner does not show complete, it seems to be missing the bottom portion.

One last issue, common to both devices is when the actual ad is displayed, it is not displayed in landscape mode, just portrait.
    Andres Martinez
    baKno Games
    www.bakno.com

16. Posts
    @bakno, grab the lastest version of the iAd Plugin when you get a chance. You can set the orientation of the iAd banner to whatever you want by just using rotateToOrientation. The prefab has an example of how to use it. The hit area is a bug with the ad view when it has a transform applied (which is required for Unity to get it oriented properly). I was hoping it would be fixed in iOS 4.2 but I'm guessing from your comment that it was not fixed.

17. Location
    FL - USA
    Prime31. I think we already have the latest version. We do use the "rotateToOrientation" to show the banner at the bottom of a landscape game, and my previous post contains the results when testing it on iOS 4.2.
    Andres Martinez
    baKno Games
    www.bakno.com

18. Posts
    @Prime, Yes I approved for iPad sized adds on Mobclix.

19. Posts
    @Prime, Are you planing any plugin for AdMob? or do you have any instructions to integrate AdMob in Xcode ?

20. Posts
    @murali.vvn, there is a method in the Mobclix Plugin that is commented out with instructions to integrate AdMob.