Search Unity

Unity 3 LineRenderer problem

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by damien, Aug 19, 2010.

1. damien

damien

After upgrading my project to Unity 3, my white LineRenderer now only appears black. It's using a diffuse fast material with an all white color and shows up correctly in the editor. Anyone familiar with the problem and solution?

2. Jessy

Jessy

No.

A more appropriate shader? You only need to get into the second video to learn to make an all-white shader. If you're not using vertex colors in the shader, then the "colors" of the Line Renderer won't show up, but that wouldn't happen with Diffuse Fast either.

3. damien

damien

This shouldn't require a custom shader if that's what you were implying. It also works fine in the current release version of unity.

4. Jessy

Jessy

I'm implying you should use a custom shader because Diffuse Fast is a waste of processing power unless you actually need lighting, as is any non-buitin shader if you want something to be pure white. You should report a bug if nobody else chimes in. I don't have any experience with built-in shaders in Unity 3. What I said will fix your problem until the bug (if it is a bug) gets squished.

5. Samosito

Samosito

Hi!

Is there any news about that problem?

I have the same problem. It depends on build settigns for me: if I set armv6 (OpenGL ES 1.1) as export settings, LineRenderer gives correct colour, but with armv7 (OpenGL ES 2), all my LineRenderer are black.

6. 3Duaun

3Duaun

has anyone found a solution yet?