Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Crucible - 3D Facebook Unity 3D Game Beta Out Soon!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by RocketeerGames, Aug 18, 2010.

1. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

Hi all

Its been a while since we had an update for Red Crucible. Well, after months of insane work, Red Crucible is in the final stages of internal beta testing. Here are a few random screen shots of the game.

*** Red Crucible is an online multiplayer game designed to run through your internet web browser, and can run on both Mac and PC. Look for this game on Facebook soon!

Here is an early version of the Red Crucible online multiplayer code play test. We will be releasing game play videos of the final version of the game soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPq9a-6O5cw

Cheers!

RC Team

2. GoreBacke

GoreBacke

Looking nice. I remember seeing this on Moddb a few years ago back when it was a mod for UT3. It's always nice to see mods become standalone games.

3. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

Without Unity 3D Red Crucible would never be a stand alone game.

4. moonman

moonman

lol:
    You: my blur screen displays upside down...

lo: Really?

lo: I remember this bug...

It looks awesome. When do we get a playable demo?

5. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

The beta is finished as of yesterday, WOHOOO! It can handle up to 12 players per arena, but 8 seems a better number. The beta should go live in a week or two. We are currently creating videos of the wild and crazy game play. The beta testers (college students) refer this game to; Counter Strike with Tanks. :D

We will post a link to the free beta when it goes up.

6. The_Jx4

The_Jx4

Facebook game? Thank you! There really aren't any apps on Facebook for people who actually want to PLAY. Not click click click.

Do you have a page?

7. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

We will be putting up the Red Crucible FB page when our beta goes live. This way we will hit the scene wit ha bang. :D

8. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

9. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

Hi all

We have quite a nice feature now implemented in Red Crucible. The player can create a new game session within Red Crucible. You can choose what kind of game mode you want as well a host of other standard features. Go and give it a shot and let us know what you think!

http://apps.facebook.com/redcrucible/

10. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

Here are a few screen shots of one of our new levels. This level is the second mission from the Fulda Gap campaign and is based on an A-7 autobahn overpass. This level will be out very soon...

Cheers!
    RC Team

11. Tudor_n

Tudor_n

This is really fun or rather, would be really fun if there was anyone in it. It seems to be haunted by the old ghost of multiplayer indie games: emptiness.

Would be kind of fun (even empty) with an AI system that kicks in whenever there are less than 4-6 players online.

12. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

Momentom is building...

13. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

We are about to get a stronger server and are making special deals... Just wait till more arenas are released and the game play system is finalized...

Cheers!
    RC Team

14. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

...More...

Cheers!
    RC Team

15. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

16. Novodantis

Novodantis

This looks very intriguing, will check it out when I get the chance

17. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

Greetings!

We wanted to show you all the progress that we are making on the player model implementation. Here you can see the Standard 3rd person shooter Unity 3D example player model is now in our game. It took some work to get him working across a network, but here he is!

The Game:http: http://apps.facebook.com/redcrucible/

Our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=107670239269843&v=wall

Now we need to get our models into the game, should be done soon enough. But there is a lot of work still ahead. For instance, all of the weapons animations as well as many custom player animations still need to be done.

Go check out the work-in-progress player model we do have and let us know what you think!

Cheers!
    RC Team

18. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

Greetings

Here is another arena (located on the East/West German boarder - "The Trace") that was just completed. It should be ready to play in a day or so.

Cheers!

RC Team

The Game: Apps.facebook.com

Join our Facebook page and make sure to tell us what you think!: Facebook.com

19. xandeck

xandeck

Looking really nice... how is the progress of keeping this game without lag and performance for computer (min specs, etc)?

20. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

Its a constant battle, but Unity is really easy to work with. As far as "min specs", Red Crucible has been tested (and works on) slower computers, ones that even have the low end Intel built in graphics cards. But of course 8800GTX works best ; )

We can't wait to get our hands on Unity 3!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  21. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

Some game play screenshots!

As always, go here to try the new arena out your self; http://apps.facebook.com/redcrucible/

Please note, we don't have the "wet" look applied to the vehicles. Should be done in a day or so ; )

Cheers!
    RC Team

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  22. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

Greetings!

In our last indieDB news post we announced a direct access to Red Crucible via web browser. Now, we will very soon (if all goes well) be supporting MySpace.

First screen shot

Along with Facebook, direct web and now MySpace (when approved), Red Crucible can be considered a truly advanced "cross channel" web game. All of these "channels" are conduits designed to bring players to the game. For instance, this screen shot shows one player from MySpace and the other from Facebook together in one game (direct web works the same)...

Also, don't forget that we will be soon releasing a downloadable PC and Mac client, so you won't need to use a web browser if you don't want to...

More soon!

RC Team

23. eyalfx

eyalfx

Looks great!
    Did you guys use a third party tool for facebook integration or did it all by yourself?
    E

24. RocketeerGames

RocketeerGames

We did the Facebook API integration ourselves, and the multiplayer networking code is ours as well.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  25. superdave

superdave

Wow nice..I want to play

26. SuperBeast

SuperBeast

This looks really good.

27. th.koder

th.koder

GI_JOEJK, nice work!
    You can host your game, right ?
    I tried to host my game and got an error: Server connection closed.
    More precisely I would like to know have you managed to make Unity work in case of port restricted peers?
    It would be awesome if you can shed some light on that because I'm trying to make p2p for port restricted peers and NAT punchthrough does not work.

Thanks

28. meinboi

meinboi

The game is not p2p. We host all the games. Sometimes games are closed when no one joins them after a few mins.

29. erenaydin

erenaydin

I'm playing now. That's awesome :D

30. th.koder

th.koder

I got it. Thanks.

31. Jolon

Jolon

Looks good, people are playing, which is a great sign.

A couple of things which you may know, but are worth a mention:

1. Music, you should have some background music to choose from
    2. sound effects could use polish too (I can help you connect with music and effects, pm me)
    3. Textures need some work. You can find someone on these forums to help you..
    4. Normal map those textures. The game needs more depth
    5. Lighting, try to create interesting lighting and bake it, you can find someone here to help with that too

32. vackser123

vackser123

L@@KING great
    good work