Search Unity

DragonWars released for iPad

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by bugzilla, Aug 8, 2010.

1. bugzilla

bugzilla

I've just released the game DragonWars for the Apple iPad. It was made using Unity iPhone Basic, Blender for the animation and some modeling, with some modeling help from Lightwave. An iTouch version as well as a major update with more content are in the works.

I also have several Unity and Blender tutorials on my Youtube site, so I hope you check those out as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEVcmKLHgMo
    http://www.digital-sorcery.com/

2. tatelax

tatelax

Looks cool

And what that guy said when he said, "Your app is now cracked as of 8/8/10." That means he bought your app, cracked/hacked (whatever you want to say, correct term is cracked) then he put it on a pirating website. So now I can get your app totally free via, installous or the pirate bay. Whatever he chose. If I wanted I could get it right now. Theres nothing you can do. :(

3. sybixsus2

sybixsus2

The game looks great. I heard you say that an iPhone version is coming. Any plans for a desktop version?

There are many things he could do with anyone clumsy enough to announce their intention to pirate his game on a third party forum which has access to useful information like your IP address.

Lucky you were only speaking hypothetically, eh? ;)

4. tatelax

tatelax

YES! :D

5. bugzilla

bugzilla

That's funny. Of course, there are ways to track everything you people are doing and take legal action against you. Hope it doesn't come to that.

6. tatelax

tatelax

Maybe I was confusing you guys. I would never do that.

7. bugzilla

bugzilla

That's a relief. You seemed really giddy that a fellow Unity developer was getting ripped off. At least, that's what Ot sounded like. If you were just making a point about the realities of how easily punks can steal our hard work, I understand. Just make sure that's apparent.

8. Thomas-Lund

Thomas-Lund

I didnt read it as "I'll pirate you". Simply a matter of fact that piracy cannot be stopped.

Looks good otherwise OP!

9. Derydoca

Derydoca

Looks very well done! I dunno what your charging for it, and I dont even own an iProduct, but if I did I would consider purchasing it. It's a shame it's been cracked though. Hope that doesn't hurt your sales too much.
    ... also, you might want to invest in a tripod for your camera. It would make your demo videos easier to watch (not that is was a pain to or anything)

10. bugzilla

bugzilla

Thanks for the interest. The app sells for $2.99 for the Apple iPad. An iTouch version will be coming soon, probably selling for the same price. I don't know what effect having the app cracked is having on sales yet.

But the videos posted on Youtube were shot with a tripod. It was just really tough to hold the iPad steady and still manipulate the game the way it needs to be played with the camera right over my shoulder.

11. Artimese

Artimese

I love it, too bad i dont own an ipad :/

12. crafTDev

crafTDev

Cool! Ill try it when the iphone version comes out...