Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Scam Alert!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Apprenticeneauxs, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apprenticeneauxs

Apprenticeneauxs

Watch out for a person named XXXXX XXXXX. He will advertise jobs and make claims to to be very wealthy and want to pay you thousands of dollars a month to work for him. This is all a lie as I just went through all this with him. No website, no other contact with so called team members and then when it came time to do all of the paperwork he says that there was no job for me. He is reported on a actor site as scam artist trying to get people to send him money to mail them a contract. His email address is XXXXXXXX
    and another XXXXXXX

if you see this guy RUN! He will ask you to get on Skype and then talk all kinds of non-sense about nothing. He speaks with a british accent. Just an FYI.

[edited by admin to anonymize the scammer]

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Seems kinda random.... is this guy on the forum here or should we all just be watching out for this guy in general? ;)

3. Apprenticeneauxs

Apprenticeneauxs

He posted here once before just wanted to help prevent someone from getting screwed over.

4. GusM

GusM

Lol, I can confirm I had the exact same experience with him. Very difficult to understand anything from him... I thought he was just a kid.

5. Mark-Ripley

Mark-Ripley

I've had dealings with him as well. I think he must have some sort of mental illness or something (seriously).

I always perform due diligence on potential clients, and the gmail address, no web site, no online presence at all other than a post on a forum saying "he's a scammer" turned me off completely. In the light of all this, when he announced he had a $4m budget I knew I was dealing with a crackpot.

So yeah, give him a wide berth.

6. superman

superman

<post content removed due to being inappropriate>

7. GeneralGrant

GeneralGrant

lol, I bet thats him!

8. GusM

GusM

LOL

It's his very own style...

9. Mark-Ripley

Mark-Ripley

Peter, would you like to substantiate those allegations of "hacking issues", before I take legal action against you for libel?

...or should I say, "XXXXXX" ;)

10. spiralgear

spiralgear

A random person with a single post speaking on behalf of a person who is ALSO a random person with a handful of posts?

Clearly this is all on the up and up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU&playnext_from=TL&videos=lXHZBN8m7e8

11. Mark-Ripley

Mark-Ripley

Aye, and by resurrecting this thread XXXXX has brought himself to the attention of more Unity Forum members, exposing himself further. Well done! :D

Now I've calmed down and re-read his post, I'm disappointed I wasn't labelled a drug-taking robber, merely a hacker. Even in someone's crazy delusional fantasies, I'm still a nerd!

12. GeneralGrant

GeneralGrant

Lol, I read this with a British accent

And he made multiple spelling mistakes.

13. superman

superman

As a designer i did work for XXXXX XXXXX a month ago and was paid $2000.00,and as a American i find it disappointing we as citizens has to criticize another nations and individuals during this US recession period but i am lucky i found a great friend name XXXXX XXXXX:)

As a nation we fail to realise that we are the scammers of the world from Bernie Madoff,Tyco ,Enron,www.americangreed.cnbc.com and the accuring global recession .

America's $13trillion debt is set to overtake the country's GDP within the next two years as economists warn of a 'debt super cycle.'
    Forecasters predict the U.S. debt will grow to surpass gross domestic product in 2012, based on data from the International Monetary Fund.
    According to Bloomberg, the world's largest economy will expand at a slower pace than the 3.2 per cent average of the past five decades.
    It comes as Barack Obama borrows record amounts to fund spending programs to help the economy recover from its longest recession since the 1930s.
    'Over the long term, interest rates on government debt will likely have to rise to attract investors,' said Hiroki Shimazu, a market economist in Tokyo at Nikko Cordial Securities Inc.
    'That will be a big burden on the government and the people

Regards
    Peter

14. GeneralGrant

GeneralGrant

He doesn't even know proper English...

As for us being rude, read the rules of the Internet.

15. GusM

GusM

LOL, that´s the exact same text he sent me on his last mail. I just didn´t know how or what to answer to this...

16. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

I almost think its some kind of elaborate bot.

17. spiralgear

spiralgear

This is either the most pure form of satirical trolling I have ever seen, or a man with some serious mental health issues.

If this is a troll, you are a master of your craft sir.

If this is for real, than you are a really bad scam artist.

18. jashan

jashan

That was really funny :)

What was the name of that famous method again? ICanHazMenu?

19. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

This thread is now locked and various people are being contacted about the posts they've made here.

FYI, superman is no longer a member of our forums. Let's all move on now, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.