Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Decal Framework 1.1 with Bloody Decals (Fluid)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Frameshift, Jun 10, 2010.

1. hajasal_sk

hajasal_sk

Wow... can't believe this is free now.

Trying to get dynamic footprint decals going here, and having a real hard time with it because the example project doesn't work with Unity3 (is there an easy way of getting this working?).

I've tried to simply create a new decal using the footsteps material and reuse the Robot Behave script (attached to the character with the feet selected as the decal source). Unfortunately, I can't seem to make anything happen. Is there something obvious I'm missing? The step-by-steps are great in the manual, but I wish there were one describing a simple dynamic setup.

2. Din

Din

don't work for me... Unity 3.2/win7.64. Have errors and lags.

3. Artimese

Artimese

It doesn't work with U3.2 unfortunately...

4. cemC

cemC

good work

5. flim

flim

I am interest to purchase, does it work for Unity 3.3?

6. petkagta

petkagta

flim, work, but need something to edit in GUI script.

7. U2

U2

This looks fantastic! I was wondering if you have tested it on Unity 3's Water3 Object yet? It would be really nice to be able to splat a dynamic decal or water foam following a boat or of a water splash when an object enters the water plane. Or of bloody water if a dead body or part falls into it etc.. If it could interact with the water3 plane I'd buy it in a heart beat.

8. Mauri

Mauri

It WAS for free. Now it costs some money.
    I've heard from certain peoples that this thing doesn't work so well.

9. unity_sg

unity_sg

I downloaded the demo project linked in the first page of this thread but it don't seems to work with Unity 3.4
    Can sombody manage it ?
    Unity gives me error like this : InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in Frameshift.Decal.DecalCreator
    I hope someone can help me ...

10. AzraelKans

AzraelKans

I downloaded the demo project and it doesnt work, does the asset store version has the same problem with 3.4?

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

does this package work with unity 3.4 and can I customize bullets marks based on tag (wood, metal. asphalt, concrete)??
    I am ready to buy today, but getting some mixed reviews here....

can anybody re-assure me that this is working, and supported??

P-

12. tiagomelo

tiagomelo

I'm having some problems with beast lightmaps. They should work without problem? It seems that the application creates the second uv with wrong coordinates.

It says:
    Code (csharp):
    2. UV set on Decal 282 is incorrect. Lightmapper needs UVs inside the (0,1)x(0,1) space.
    3. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

13. Dreamora

Dreamora

Don't mark the decals as static. Its not like something with height 0 will cast shadows as such you also should not include it in the lightmap calculation. You can always mark it static afterwards again for static batching.

14. tiagomelo

tiagomelo

This should work, but if I use decals for details on the level? They should receive shadows and ambient occlusion. The framework has the option of creating the second UV, but I'm unable to figure out the correct scale and offset of it.

Detail: I'm using a big image with all the details inside (atlas), so the first UV, for example is:

UV Offset X: 0.25
    UV Offset Y: 0.5
    UV Scale X: 0.25
    UV Scale Y: 0.25

For UV2, if I repeat this values, the lightmapper sometimes doesn't gives me any warning, sometimes does.

15. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

i get this error
    IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    DecalCreator.SimplifyMesh (UnityEngine.Transform transform, Vector3 direction, .DecalType decalType, UnityEngine.Mesh colliderMesh) (at Assets/DecalFramework 2/Src/DecalCreator.cs:2375)
    DecalCreator.CreateDecalMesh (.DecalType decalType, Vector3 point, Vector3 forward, UnityEngine.GameObject obj, Vector3 decalWoldUpVector, .DecalBasis decalBasis) (at Assets/DecalFramework 2/Src/DecalCreator.cs:1419)
    DecalCreator.CreateDecalMesh (.DecalType decalType, Vector3 point, Vector3 forward, UnityEngine.GameObject obj, Vector3 decalWoldUpVector) (at Assets/DecalFramework 2/Src/DecalCreator.cs:171)
    DecalTypeEditor.CreateMeshList (UnityEngine.Plane[] planes, UnityEngine.GameObject g) (at Assets/DecalFramework 2/Editor/DecalTypeEditor.cs:768)
    DecalTypeEditor.BurnDecal () (at Assets/DecalFramework 2/Editor/DecalTypeEditor.cs:743)
    DecalTypeEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/DecalFramework 2/Editor/DecalTypeEditor.cs:385)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditors (Boolean isRepaintEvent, UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/842f9557127e852/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:495)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/842f9557127e852/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:190)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)

any fix ?

16. Deleted User

Deleted User

I have been waiting for some response from this guy..nothing
    Sounds to me like The Decal prefab array is missing a member.

I decided to spend a couple weeks really understanding and using the bootcamp demo as a bullet/decal manager.
    what I really want is skinned meshed decals..if you get shot, there is usually blood, clothes/skin..
    I find myself starting to become reliant on prefabs with out really understanding the code dehind them.

---------------just a guess----------------
    even though I do not have it..unity editor may be telling you..."you are asking me do do something with an array...but the vale of the
    called/instatiated object prefab has not been defined or defined properly". maby a metal/dirt decal prefab is being called.
    and that fab/layer has not been defined previously [decalType]...just a guess...

DecalCreator.SimplifyMesh (UnityEngine.Transform transform, Vector3 direction, .DecalType decalType, UnityEngine.Mesh colliderMesh)

one Array: DecalType (dirt/blood/flesh?)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
  17. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

thanks ForceVFX
    so you think its a layers problem ?
    i dont have unity 3.3 , it was fine back there .
    im not a programer thats way i payed for this :)
    where is the maker anyway ?

18. Deleted User

Deleted User

actually, (remember..This is a wild guess!!)...maby not layers, but Tags.
    I know from the bootcamp demo, tags defines what decal fab will be created.

three (or more) things that make decals happen.
    1) decal prefab(a 2d square) that has a 'mark' image.
    2). return value of position of impact (usaully a Ray.Hit positon)
    3) layer on which the impact/point can be seen.

sadly...all this is spelled out in the code...
    I would have to open project in mono, set a stop point just before that line..debug and set a watch
    on the decaltype value..to really see what is populating that array..
    are there any open slots in your editor??

good luck..

19. ggblake

ggblake

how do you use the bulletCollision script

20. wenzhao

wenzhao

There no Gravity shader and can't create flow Decal in my project!!!!How can i fix it

21. Dantus

Dantus

22. paulojsam

paulojsam

whats the link for the unity store i wonder...

23. Dantus

Dantus

Which link do you mean?

24. paulojsam

paulojsam

the link for the demo and the download. i cant load your website dont know why.

25. Dantus

Dantus

Please post the link, because I don't know which one you mean.

26. seth470

seth470

Hello! he did not seem to have been updated and no activity, but as it is still on the asset store I take a chance anyway. Is it ready for unity 5? I really looking for a decal system that provides the ability to merge the decal with the normal map from the source. Like this:

27. Mauri

Mauri

I don't think this or Decal Framework 2 will be ready for Unity5 in the future. The Creator was last seen around June 2011 here and his Website is no more.

seth470 likes this.
  28. Dantus

Dantus

That's also possible in other decal solutions. I know at least one of them :)

seth470 likes this.
  29. seth470

seth470

Thank you guys for responding so quickly.

30. seth470

seth470

Hello Dantus. You probably want to talk about
    Decal System Pro. I saw and watch the videos. It seems not to have a "specular shader" "in the choices. In addition I must admit has $ 95 X2 (one license per seat, it is both on the project) is more than our budget allocated to the decal.

31. Dantus

Dantus

As far as I know, it is also doable in other decal solutions from the Asset Store.
    I know that the Decal System Pro is expensive, but as mentioned there are other solutions too. Just for the sake of completeness, there are not all possible shader variants in the Decal System, simply because there are so many variants. However, it is relatively easy to do and that's why I have also added shaders for customers in the past.

seth470 likes this.