Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Save $600 !! ✅]Global Illumination Proxy-Fast fully real time GI,Zero baking,Mobile optimized,IBL

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Aug 9, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have a special "hero mode" that allows the raycast grid follow the hero, so GI lights are only created in the near area. This way you can use it in any size of world without a big performance hit.

The system is made so it will raycast near the hero, even if the sun rotates, it is automatically handled.

I am testing the 2ond bounces in this mode as i write this :), so far works great besides mild flickering in the distant bounces when the hero is moving fast, i need to add some extra regulation parameters for that.

2. zenGarden

zenGarden

Great.
    Could you post a video of the hero test in a big environment when you'll have it working ?

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

It is working fine now, i dont get the flicker any longer :), just needed some tweaking

I test it in my game, so i cant post a video from there, but i may try to make a demo scene with a proper hero and post a video later.

Or i could just remove the attrium, add a terrain and some stuff and use hero mode there and provide a webplayer demo, than a video which will take me much more time to do.

The 2ond bounces were a must i have to say, i am very impressed with the result in my castle environment, looks so sweet :)

4. zenGarden

zenGarden

It will be cool and better as with a webplayer we can test it directly, you can post a screen of your castel environment also :)

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

The castle contains the final version of my super secret unique gameplay element, that is one of the major points in the game, so i cant reveal that yet :), i wish i could though :)

I can say though that i made the GI Proxy with this system in mind (and this reveals too much already :) )

Also

A question to the super code experts, when i update a public variable inside a for loop, will the next for iteration get the value i updated in the previous or the update happens only when out of the loop ?

EDIT: I just added a break after my check, so no matter what happens i stop the loop as i wanted. Still would like to know the answer to the above :)

The system now is flying, it is super fast. The 2ond bounce raycasts were not that cheap as it seems when outside with more lights, so i put one 2ond bounce search (from one main bounce light) at each frame.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  6. iamsam

iamsam

The update should happen at every iteration so you should get the new value at the next iteration since its a global var. The only time this would not happen is if you define the var inside the loop in which case it gets initialized each time.

Really nice plugin, I just got time to play with it today and the demos seem to work well. However when I tried using it in a very simple setup I got an odd behavior. I set up a room and placed a point light in the center of the room and attached the script to the point light plugin. During game play the odd thing I noticed was the the algorithm seemed to cycle the proxy system between the preset intensity value and zero (For example the new point light intensity was cycling between 1 and 0), have you seen this behavior before?

Also it would be great if you could make a video showing the plugin in a simple setup using different lights as well as explaining the settings so that it would be easier for a new user to get it up and running.

Thanks,
    Sam

7. TemplarGFX

TemplarGFX

Hey Nasos! I can't wait to see the update in action!

I had an idea that I wanted to share with you, perhaps you will get some inspiration. Rather than just explaining it I made a quick script to show you the concept. Basically its a way to leak light into shadowed areas :

Path of "leaked" light down a hall

Attach the script to a camera and assign the light source and centre objects. Make sure you line up your directional light position to the shadows

The code is commented but basically a grid of lights is used to leak intensity from those lights that can see the primary light to those that cannot. Only the lights used to create a GI effect are active, so in differed you can usually have hard shadows on. I went with creating rings of light, when really I should have gone a grid, but works either way. a grid would have better performance

Im sure someone with better coding skills like yourself could use this leaking concept to create a better GI!

Attached Files:

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Sam,

I have noticed the behavior you describe above while working on the 2ond bounces, this happens in the point light because the lights registered further than the allowed radius of the point light and were immediately turned off. I have fixed it for the upcoming v1.5 (just added a radius in the raycast, it was easy fix :) ) and now they will not be created outside the proper range, thus will be all stable.

I will try to make videos and tutorials later. Iam very bad at making videos though, takes me forever :), so excuse any delay on this. I may have a guide with images that is much easier for me to put together.

Also thanks for the clarification on the for loop, that is why it did not work :), i now break after the check and get out of the loop before the next check.

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Wow, that seems like an amazing idea for expanding. I will start working on this right after i release v1.5 with the 2ond bounces and see what cool new abilities the system can aquire :)

Thanks a lot for the input, i guess this is one of the major features of the system, that is expandable with cool new ideas, than a rigid one way solution to a specific problem. It could be the first artistic friendly GI on the market :), i have though of various other ideas too, like easy caustic emulation etc.

The fact that lights can inherit any attribute and be controlled individually makes many things possible that i plan to look into after the base system has been finilized and works 100% great for everyone. Another cool thing is that lights can actually sense the material they hit and behave accordingly, but not in just one way. So you could have a black hole material that could enable light absorbition in that area etc or any property.

Probably i will end up having a Prefab Manager like in Particle Dynamic Magic with as many effects as i can put there later. That would be nice to have, since i could provide prefabs with setups for various scales and performance needs etc

10. TemplarGFX

TemplarGFX

I hope you can get some use of it. It was fun messing with it, but I need to focus on other things :p

Just testing out your GI under tree canopies. Works quite well :

Morning GI OFF

Morning GI ON

Midday GI Off

Midday GI On

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

I can send the Beta with 2ond bounces right away, but without a finilized test scene, this looks amazing :)

The 2ond bounce could grab the colors inside the box cover, if the sun hits lights near, that would be great to see

Let me know if you want the script before i finilize the test scene and i will PM a link right away

Here is the result in subtle lighting in atrium

It is clearly a big step up in catching colors and intensity.

12. zenGarden

zenGarden

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

The final version will be even more accurate and will also have 2ond bounce lights with degrade in the intensity and regulation of their radius, plus many small enchancements and fixes.

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

@TemplarGFX

After extensive testing in my game, i see that your approach of moving the sun (than just rotating it) is actually working a lot better with the system when you want a full rotation / day-night cycle. Otherwise i get some problems in some areas, because the sun gets blocked by geometry based on the sun position that is static and does not register lights.

So the best way to handle it is by also moving the sun position properly.

I have put the Atrium in my castle scene and removed the walls around it, allowing the light to come from the side and is a true marvel with the GI and 2ond bounces :). I will recreate the effect in the Atrium demo and provide it as a sample too (and a webplayer probably).
    Mushroorms also get a big benefit from the GI, their underlight was always an issue.

15. TemplarGFX

TemplarGFX

Shoot it my way and Ill throw it into my current scene tomorrow!

For EG, I added this to your update :

Code (csharp):
    2.     if (this.transform.position.y < cutoff_height || this.light.intensity < cutoff_intensity)
    3.       {
    4.       if (LightPool.activeInHierarchy)
    5.         LightPool.SetActive(false);
    6.       }
    7.     else
    8.       {
    9.       if (!LightPool.activeInHierarchy)
    10.         LightPool.SetActive(true);
    12.       //your update code here
    13.       }
    EG uses two sources, Sun and Moon and your script is on both. it switches nicely as the intensity and angle drops off.

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great work, this was missing to complete the cycle :), now i can start thinking about some IBL like effect to match the sky/time changes. I am packing the new stuff and will send the PM with the dropbox link.

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

The v1.5 Beta is ready :)

I think i have covered most of the required things and fixed a lot of stuff from the previous script.

Some notes on the beta

The intensity of 2ond bounce lights is divided by 2 from the main intensity (in later 3rd bounces will be divided by 3 etc). Also lights will be removed once the generator 1st bounce light is gone (will still use gradual lowering of intensity, but if they have not reached 0 whenthe source light is gone, are removed).

The system will use more lights in general for 2ond bounces, but i have not tested scenarios were i have very few first bounces and enable more 2ond ones to cover the space, this is to be investigated so 2ond bounce may be used better on mobile.

If lights seem to flicker a lot, it is probably because the point lights in quality settings dont cover all the created lights, so
    increase the light count to allow all lights to appear.

I suppose deferred rendering would do better with more lights, so would love see some results in Unity Pro :)

Many settings are not yet separted from the point light source parameters and are used as they are from the main light. The radius is controllable though, i added a separate radius for 2ond bounces.

I will send the PMs :)

Also everyone that bought the pack can get in this beta, just leave a written review in the store page (which will also help the pack grow faster and further :) ) and the related name here, or email the invoice PDF and i will send the beta asap.

18. zenGarden

zenGarden

Will it be some web player demo demonstrating all last Beta features ?

19. iamsam

iamsam

That should work fine, thanks a lot for looking into it.

Have you by any chance done a performance comparison for the different amount of bounces. One thing that usually bugs me when having additional lights is the exponential increase in the amount of draw calls. Also have you tested it with IBL, it might be a good solution although I am not sure how much it would help in terms of draw calls?

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have not decided on that yet, i would love to make one but i am very pressed on time sadly.

If i manage to squeeze some time i will post some demos before the release.

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Generally i have not done extensive comparissons, mainly because i was trying to minimize lights first and then see what it requires at that point. I do get good results even with 19 bounce lights on my old laptop, in forward rendering. I cant try this in Pro yet, but deferred would also help further.

The bounce lights dont cast shadows, so they have less of an impact overall, plus Unity probably does some of its magic to handle the more lights well. Still i would use the 2ond bounces with Pro and deferred if there is much detail needed or thick grid.

The effect can also be optimized/tweaked to use less detail/lights, i will try to provide demos with these tweaks and as few lights as possible per case.

Once i have perfected the system to a point, i will definitly do a lot more tests and demos and post results here.

zenGarden likes this.
  22. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

I think you have too much faith in the unity deferred renderer. I just tested your new 2nd bounce option with it to compare performance. On my mac laptop the atrium intro sequence gets 38 fps in forward rendering but only 34 fps with deferred so it's actually slower. It's not a completely fair test because I think deferred has higher quality shadows but it still shows that the unity deferred renderer doesn't give the performance a deferred renderer should.

Hopefully the deferred render in Unity 5 will be better. Thats part of the reason I recommended you try and make it compatible with Jove 2 and it's clustered renderer. Unity probably has the slowest deferred renderer of the main game engines while Jove 2 is probably the fastest I have seen.

I also tested the performance on mobile. The standard GI room demo didn't appear to produce any second bounce lights even when the setting was enabled. Perhaps because the room was empty so there was nothing to bounce a second time off. The only example scene that appears to generate the second bounces is the atrium.

I think with the 2nd bounce option enable mobile is actually cpu limited rather than gpu limited. Without the second bounce light option on I got 17 fps but with it on I got 12fps . Changing the resolution on the device didn't really effect the performance though which is why I think it is the cpu which is limiting the performance.

Also that 12fps is with it running with the forward renderer and opengles 3 . If I set it to use opengles 2 or the deferred renderer it dropped to 5 fps.

The GI room on the other hand appeared to run perfectly smoothly but didn't have any lights listed as being second bounces.

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

I think the attrium is just not tweaked properly yet, i have tweaked it in my game and it create far less lights, thus the drop in framerate is minimal

I will be looking into it tomorrow, works perfectly on the game, so i will try to recreate that in the demo.

I did not know deferred was so slow in Pro, seems strange because deferred is usually used with many lights and is one of the major advantages.

I have not tested on spot lights or with the follow mode yet, and will re-visit the room demo to update it too

Thanks for the very interesting results, i will keep optimizing until it is perfect :)

EDIT:
    Just counted the lights in the game implementation, it usually uses 8-10 lights, less than half of the demo and works like a charm. It also works great in the whole level of the castle, seamless in and outdoor areas.

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is a pic with the changed atrium settings, i get mostly 9 lights and at most 16.

It can be tweaked further i suppose, this is what i use in the game and i am good in frame rate on my main PC (which is PS4 like GPU and very old CPU).

For further lowering bounce light creation, the "hor_dirction", "ver_direction" and point_light_radius settings can be used.

With 5-6 values i get around 10 lights overall.

Attached Files:

25. zenGarden

zenGarden

Great.
    I would like to see that in action in an outdoor terrain scenes with some trees, gras and rocks, to see if it works as well, it is possible ?

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Everything is possible :), i will try to put together such a scene and provide a webplayer. Ideally i will implement it together with the attrium, so it may have in - outdoors transitions

zenGarden likes this.
  27. iamsam

iamsam

Thanks Ian for the performance ranges, I was actually looking for these values.

In deferred mode, there is a very high increase in draw calls since each object is drawn twice, each light once (i think maybe twice if lightmapped). This is not the case for forward as the object is drawn only one I believe for the light hitting it. Draw calls are usually a problem if the calculations are all done on CPU then it would slow down the game and optimizing them would help, however in some cases you may also fill up your GPU rate in which case optimizing drawcalls will not help that much. If you test this on your PC with a good GPU card you might get good rates for both forward and deferred but if the calculations were done on a CPU you may get very low frame rates.

I think this is however a good solution for getting proxy lights and further optimizations will really help it reach the next level.

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

In the implementation in my game i use around 10-12 lights and when i disable the script gain around 2-4 fps on my Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 3Ghz and PS4 level GPU (AMD Radeon HD 7790).

The raycasts are the main serious calculation done and are optimized for the 2ond bounces, so maybe it is just the number of lights that create a problem in both CPU and GPU.

The main idea is to keep the lights low, and this is still possible with 2ond bounces, given some tweaking. For example with a few parameter changes the new atrium scene uses only 10-12 lights than 22+.

29. zenGarden

zenGarden

That's freaky good if your system just eats 2-4 fps, specially for mobile :)

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

I dont know if it will be the same on mobile :), but my CPU is definitly old and the gain from disabling the script is generally little.

I just noticed it depends on resolution too (???), in 1080p i got the 2-4, in lower resolution (720p) i get a 5-6fps difference (which is strange tbh)

Generally the script does not take much, the lights are main consideration and the idea behind the asset was to make lights spread in such a way that minimal lights are required for a given effect, depending on the trade off detail and performance.

I think the 2ond bounces open the way to further optimizations, for example i could now have less main bounce lights density and still grab color well with the 2ond bounces, which can be tweaked to certain radius. This could potentially lead to better results with about same lights.

EDIT:
    Also i forgot to mention that the script can take more optimizations, i have some raycast loops that could also be spread per frame etc, so this is very optimized, but not with final optimizations still :)

zenGarden likes this.
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Just finished implementing in the atrium area of my castle and the result is rather astonishing :), i am so happy with the system i cant describe it :). The sun light falling from the side makes for one spectacular effect.

The fact that i dont have to bake and have a fully dynamic solution alone makes me wonder if i will be using any other solution i planned to use in combination. Baking even the slightest thing is not really an option when i have to create a whole world by myself, it feels like the most limiting factor in game development so far.

Imagine having to make a million things and also to wait for scene baking of GI, lightmaps etc etc, it would be a nightmare.

Also the system is very fast, i am not sure anything else would be faster, even with baking.

I will start working on nighttime scenes now and point lights.

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

The pack will probably go to 40$ today (the new price was submitted in friday), so make sure to grab it at the current low price before the review process in the store is finilized.

Also everyone that bought the pack can get in the beta for the new version (1.5) that supports 2ond bounces and packs a big number of performance optimizations and fixes.

33. zenGarden

zenGarden

I baught the package, but i'm disappointed as the frame rate going down a lot.
    With normal lightening it's 1300 fps in the Terrain GI scene , putting GI on for the two lights it sinks to average 360 fps (PC version).
    Testing the terrain mobile GI on PC:
    -de activating GI it has very constant values : 2000 fps - 60 draw calls
    -activating GI it goes down : 1500-800 fps - 60-248 draw calls (not very stable)
    A shader based version if it was possible i think would have speed up it a lot.

Im' not sure this can be usable in a bigger size level or in a real desktop game with bigger levels without having frame rate on knees ?
    As the interest in the package i seek is for real time fluid game , not small room technic demos.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  34. nasos_333

nasos_333

I am using it in my RPG, that could well be the most heavy indie game in existance (considering i dont use DX11 too) :) and the result is spectacular with minor frame rate loss. In the castle scene that is super demanding, i get about 2-5fps drop due to script and about 5-9fps drop due to the 10-12 lights, which would go further down if i had Unity Pro and deferred mode.

The system actually works so well after tweaking, that i have stopped thinking about using any other GI solution until i know for fact it is as easy and fast to implement.

So i would test in an actual game than in scenes that have 2000+fps :), these are never a good measure, even the smallest effect could bring this down to the real frame rate. There is no 2000fps game for a reason :)

It is better to look at how many ms it takes more than without the script in such case, than the frame rate. If you think a scene from the demos is unoptimized though, i would be glad to optimize further and reduce light use and update in the new v1.5 demos.

Also it is all a matter of the setup, the system can indeed create many lights if not tweaked properly, that is why i have all the detail options to allow less lights that cover bigger areas. 2ond bounces then help gather the detail and not hit colors.

If you have a scene from a game, i could optimize it for you if you send it over and report the exact frame rate hit when optimized for the scene/scale fo the world.

A shader version would complicate the system and reduce its ease of use, so maybe at some point, but is not planned in general. The system uses point lights, so the performance is directly affected by the light count and little much else and has maximim copatibility with all Unity versions and platforms. Keeping these lights low is the trick and can be achieved with the parameter tweaking.

You can reduce the draw calls by lowering the quality, for mobile use.

I will post some performance from my old laptop soon.

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Terrain GI fps without the GI

Terrain GI fps with the GI, only one bounce

Terrain GI fps without the GI, plus 2ond bounces

Here is some test on Terrain GI, the GI barely affects the fps, the draw calls do get more, so this would be a setup for stronger mobile i guess.

Check the room GI for the most optimized mobile setup

Also note that the script itself does not take more (stays at about 13 ms), the 2-3fps loss is due to the rendering.

And these results are from my ancient non gaming laptop :), some mobiles should be much faster i guess by now.

Also a question, what does setting lights to "not important" does exactly ? I see that when i set 2ond bounces to not important, still get some of their effect and save lot of fps. Maybe i should add an option for turning these lights to not important ?

EDIT: Found it, seems i could use this. I will start coding it.

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-Light.html

"Not Important - This light is always rendered in a faster, vertex/object light mode."

36. zenGarden

zenGarden

You could also provide a bigger and lot more complex scene with some idle characters, trees and particles and normal map shaders where we can move a character (something more near desktop games than some simple empty scenes ). Put it in a web player with a button to toggle GI on and off , and people could test something similar to real time game use and have a better insight on performance impact.

Some good use of your system can be really small scenes or puzzle games, but on atrium demo having a directionnal light the scene was not that bad, and putting GI on the difference was visible but i would put your GI in the graphic menu options , to players to activate it if they have a big hardware where the performance impact is not very noticeable.

I just warned people about performance and because it's a C# script not a complete shader based solution, i hope people putting 25$ or more with price increase will not be deceived.
    I fell like i thrown 25$ away :(

I'll assemble a complex scene test with detailled geometry level, idle characters , particles, trees, shaders and see how it behaves (and modify my review if frame rate would by miracle keep good).

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

If i provide such a scene, i would have to sell the pack for 200$ though and noone wants that :)

I use it in my RPG game fine, so i dont see why you think you have "thrown 25$ away".

Just give me a scene you want and i will make the system perfect for your needs, charge free.

You must understand i cant make a full game and sell it with the pack, just to prove it works.

If you ever come to Greece though, you are welcome to come see my RPG game and GI system in action

All your review will achieve is delay updates for those that do need to use the pack and works for them, nothing else.

Also i only get 2-3fps drop in the mobile terrain, so i dont understand how you get 1000fps drops, seems rather odd to report something like that. I posted pics above with the fps.

You have to understand that this a fully dynamic, bake free version of GI and for mobile needs a lot of extra tweaking to get perfect for something like what you describe (but is still possible).

I will provide a full demo, with atrium, in and outdoors and hero follow mode and post it soon.

John-G likes this.
  38. zenGarden

zenGarden

I didn't aks you to game a game , but a prototype, as there is lot of free stuff on asset tore to quickly make a complex level scene.
    I'll assemble in a PC test game free models and characters on a terrain with some effects and particles and i'll post the result shwoing the frame rate impact between using standard light and GI lights.

My tests are desktop PC scenes test, i pick up the non mobile scenes. I gave you the average numbers after many tests and tries (activating GI scripts on and off or actiating only one GI light for example i could not have low performance impact)

You should provide it with frame rate display , and two systems to compare like one directionnal light and some GI lights, this would be a better test for everyone.
    (It's better to have people knowing frame rate impact before buying)

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ok, fair enough, prototype with open environment is coming :), i will expand it in complexity as well in later versions.

Hero mode is also working fine, i will post the demo in a few hours.

I already get great results, only a few fps drops between using and not the GI pool.

40. zenGarden

zenGarden

Perhap you have better CPU than mine, as i have only dualcore, and your solution is CPU not GPU.

But this is strange as i have a big difference impact between using GI and no GI :
    Nothing fancy just the Attrium demo test from the package.

Attrium without GI , no lights : average 323 fps

Without GI , only one spot light : average 278 fps

With GI on :

I loose average 200 fps , or 100 fps between one light spot and GI on.

Good , i hope it will be the desktop version running not the mobile, and you should put a display of fps for people to compare frame rate between GI on and off also.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

But in the second pic you also enable the main light, so how can you tell it is all a drop from the GI ?? The main light is not my GI system, just the light you would normally use and any drop from that cant possibly be attributed to the GI system. I still dont follow your comparissons, i never had 200 or 1000fps drops, simply because i dont work with 2000fps games.

I also see some perfect shadows in your pic, the sun light alone with such shadows would drop the 300fps to far less. My GI system has nothing to do with that, GI is not the main light, it is the indirect lighting that it causes.

A first rushed version to prove hero mode and outside world works is ready, here:

New demo, Atrium + outside world transition, not for mobile of course, also WIP since needs more tweaking.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/RADIOSITY/ATRIUM_OUTSIDE 1.html

This was made in a few minutes, so please excuse some minor problems like lights coming up a bit slow or the grid be a bit unoptimized yet so some lights may appear to leave fast etc. these will be further tweaked when i have the time

Also I post the 60fps pics from my main PC (old CPU, 7790 GPU)

New WIP demo, atrium + outside world

My CPU is ancient, Intel Core 2 Duo, does not get worse than that really and i still get steady 60fps with GI on and many ligths and forward mode.

The system takes very little in processing, only the point lights have a real hit in perfromance and the script idea is to try and keep them low at all times.

John-G likes this.
  42. zenGarden

zenGarden

Another test , i added a directionnal ligt to the scene.

Without GI, only the new directionnal light with shadows on : average 225 fps

With GI on , and the new directionnal light with shadows on : average 80 fps

GI consumes average 145 fps , more than half total power is consumed.

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

But how did you get 123fps in the same scene before ?

In any case, if you did loose 100fps in all cases, the system would run in -40fps in my pics, and it does not, so your comaprisson feels strange

Also by adding the directional light you lost 100fps too.

New WIP demo, atrium + outside world

This is from my PC, super fast as you see, 60fps constant at 720p (1280x720)

And my CPU is ancient tech

44. zenGarden

zenGarden

What in any case, that a simple test case of your system nothing more.
    I added a directionnal light with shadows and turning on GI just consumes half power.

The level is too much empty and the frame rate is already low at 60 fps , also the frame rate stays always constant like 60 fps , could i trun GI on or off, could i turn spot light on and off that's not possible turning on and off to have no impact.

It is frame rate display hard coded ? Could you post a drop box download link instead with the scene ?
    So people that purchased your system and try it in Unity editor.
    Actually it's a web player demo so a balck box , and i'm almost sure it will be a difference testing it in Unity editor verifying lights on and off.

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

Of course it stays 60fps, this is the fastest GI system on earth right now, what did you expect ?

Certainly you wont see 1000fps drops in my systems :), when used properly

I am glad it runs so fast on your PC too, now you can change to 5 stars and we can talk about how to improve the system further and use it in your game :)

And no, it is not "hard coded" lol, it is just super super fast

I will say that again, i use it fine in my RPG game that has some of the most complex and stunning looking stages seen in gaming, exactly because it is that fast. Just takes some tweaking to get perfect.

46. zenGarden

zenGarden

It takes half power , this is wasted money.

Just give us a dropbox download link of the last webplayer scene.
    With all lights and GI off appart from skybox all is black and frame rate is still 60 fps , it's a faked demo.

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is the scene

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/RADIOSITY/The scene.unitypackage

I love the fact that you cant even believe the system goes THAT fast :), it is the ultimate advertisement i guess

"the frame rate stays always constant like 60 fps , could i trun GI on or off"

I will put that line in the next ad :), thanks

Of course i dont like the accusation that i posted a "faked demo", but well, the customer is always right i guess, i wonder what is coming up next.

EDIT: Were you in the beta testing BTW ? If not you will need the v1.5 beta scripts to run it properly too. Let me know.

48. zenGarden

zenGarden

Many stuff is missing, importing the package and launchign the new scene atrium 4, the sliders and buttons are not visible so we can't test anything.
    Also you didn't provide the script for fps counter in the package.

Please make a real complete package.

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

I cant do that, it is a free asset in the store and cant be included in another pack (unless it is from Unity ?). I can provide a link to download if you like.

If you were not i the v1.5 beta, you also need two extra scripts for this to work, let me know and i will send them as well.

EDIT: Here is the fps counter asset

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10941

EDIT 2: The beta scripts have been sent in PM, just in case

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

I cant provide a complete package of WIP, you will have to wait for that

Plus i cant provide an FPS counter, this is a store asset you can easilly download though for free (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10941)