Search Unity

Simple Town, Military, People, Zombies, Cars, Building and more ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by syntystudios, Feb 12, 2015.

?

What pack would you like next?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. Simple Farm

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Simple Airport

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Simple Harbour

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Simple Racer

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Simple Industrial

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Simple Suburbs

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  7. Simple Rails

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  8. Simple Construction

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Simple Roads

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  10. Simple Characters

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple Town - Upgrade (Sneak peak)
    See below post

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Maulwurfmann likes this.
  2. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Looks really awesome!!

syntystudios likes this.
  3. qwertyn1456

qwertyn1456

I bought the simple town, military and zombies pack and i want to make some more animations for some of the zombies and military characters from your asset packs and i would like to know if that is possible and how i can do that?

4. FelipeClaude

FelipeClaude

• I have the "SimpleMilitary_Characters" prefab
    • It has "SimpleCharacter" as the animator controller
    • Apply root motion on
    • update mode normal
    • culling mode based on renderers
    • All animations / transitions are default.
    • Starting WeaponType_int is 1
    With this setup, while changing the following in Update() function I see no change in the charecters head or body position/rotation:
    • Head_Vertical_f
    • Head_ Horizontal_f
    • Body_Vertical_f
    • Body_horizontal_f
    Regards

5. syntystudios

syntystudios

@qwertyn1456 - you can use the many animations on the asset store or if you have the ability you could create your own in a 3D application.

@FelipeClaude - We will look into this, sorting out Simple Town upgrade issues atm.

6. syntystudios

syntystudios

7. square_melon5

square_melon5

Hi, I made the cars from the Simple Town pack driveable but when I accelerate they go backwards and when I reverse they go forwards. The problem is that the forward direction is set to Y but it should be Z and I don't know how to change that, I'm not even sure if it can be done in Unity. Can you help me with this?

8. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

awesome! I will purchase but I still wish the buildings where enterable :..(

9. mimminito

mimminito

Could you list what you have added in exactly in the new version to warrant the upgrade price? I am fine paying it, but would like to know whats been added in exactly.

syntystudios and schmosef like this.
  10. mimminito

mimminito

A simple way to do this is to parent the car GameObject to an empty GameObject. You can then control the parent GameObject which will point in the standard directions your after.

syntystudios likes this.
  11. schmosef

schmosef

I'm happy to pay the upgrade price. I'd just like to know what is new.

syntystudios likes this.
  12. square_melon5

square_melon5

Thanks for the reply. I tried that before but then the car wouldn't move, only the steering works. Maybe I did something wrong, I'll try to do it again.

13. mimminito

mimminito

Make sure you are moving the parent GameObject and not the Car's GameObject. The steering should control the wheels on the car, but also rotate the parent GameObject as well.

syntystudios likes this.
  14. square_melon5

square_melon5

I tried it again and now even the steering doesn't work :D. Just to clarify if I got right what you wrote here is what I did:
    1. Created a new empty GameObject.
    2. Added the car GameObject to the empty GameObject to make it a child GameObject.
    3. Removed the scripts from the car GameObject. (I have two scripts, one that handles the physics and an other one for the controls)
    4. Added the scripts to the parent GameObject.

I know I'm being a noob here so please bear with me.

15. syntystudios

syntystudios

@mimminito @schmosef - We will update the description with a list of new assets as well as add a new trailer showing off the demo scene (almost done)

@paper_lanterns7 - that should work :S really depends on your scripts

schmosef likes this.
  16. mimminito

mimminito

That should work. I think we would need to see scripts and screenshots to help you out. But this is probably not for this thread, should be in its own thread in the scripting help section.

17. syntystudios

syntystudios

Simple Town Upgrade Assets

Buildings
    Strip club, Coffee shop, Barber shop, Gym, Auto repair, Cinema, Mega Mall (includes carpark and mall sign), Misc store(x3), Misc shop(x2), Small House(x4),Medium House(x4),Big House (x4) Garage attachment (x3) Old house (x3)

Environment assets
    Trees (x2) Beach flat (x2), Beach corner, water way(x7), Road lane splitters (x2), Bridge, Roundabout, Motorway ramp, Motorway straight, Motorway Corner, Motorway signs (x3) Tire pile, Beach seat(x3), Umbrella (x3), Garden, Pointy fence, Driveway, Foot bridge, Jetty, Sewer pipes (x2), Rocks (x3) Buey(x2)

Vehicles
    Boat (x3)

18. schmosef

schmosef

Well... I was buying today's sale item and I decided to add the upgrade for Simple Town to my cart before checking out.

I hadn't seen this post before upgrading and just found out that a strip club's been added. Now I really wish we could enter the buildings! :D

19. syntystudios

syntystudios

We are working on Simple House interiors atm so we are thinking about how we can do this. Thx for the purchase and hope you like it :)

20. syntystudios

syntystudios

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  21. square_melon5

square_melon5

Now I tried it again and only the steering works, the car doesn't move forwards or backwards when it's a child object. I'm using a modified version of the scripts from the Standard Assets and it works fine with other assets. Anyway I'll play around with it maybe I manage to get it right, thank you for your replies!

22. mimminito

mimminito

Make sure that your script is not moving the car, but moves the parent GameObject.

syntystudios likes this.
  23. square_melon5

square_melon5

Now it works, I forgot to add the rigidbody to the parent GameObject, but the car still moves in the wrong direction, so I took your advice and made a thread in the scripting section. If you have the time and mood to help me you can find it here SOLVED

@syntystudios Sorry for filling your topic with unrelated stuff, this is my last post here about this.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    syntystudios likes this.
  24. syntystudios

syntystudios

25. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I just purchased Town upgrade and airport :) Top quality as excepted!

Cant wait to see interiors. :D

syntystudios likes this.
  26. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

What is next in the pipeline? Industrial?

27. syntystudios

syntystudios

Next up -
    Simple Interiors
    Simple Apocalypse Characters
    Simple Apocalypse Vehicles
    Simple Apocalypse Environment

We decided to split Apocalypse into 3 chunks so one of us (Andrew) can work on the characters while the other (Mike) does the vehicles, once those are released we can tackle the environments.

28. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

What is Apocalypse ???? Destroyed stuff???? awesome!!!!!

syntystudios likes this.
  29. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion

30. square_melon5

square_melon5

Thank you very much, this solved the problem, I feel so stupid... but now I have another problem, when I'm in play mode the wheels turn in, I tried to rotate them but they stay the same. Here are two pictures to show what I mean. In editor mode it's normal and in play mode they turn.

31. syntystudios

syntystudios

32. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion

33. ZJP

ZJP

Simple Interiors
    Simple Harbour
    Simple Train/Rails

To close up and complete the 'normal/standar' series. No? :(
    That said, (no really) trouble. Do your best. ;)

34. syntystudios

syntystudios

We don't like to plan too far ahead as we get too excited about future packs
    Could be like this ....

Simple Interiors
    Simple Animals
    Simple Harbour
    Simple Train/Rails

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  35. syntystudios

syntystudios

I've been trying to replicate your issue but can't seem to match it, can you tell us what Unity you're using and what assets you have in your scene. The blue texture that is displayed doesn't look like anything from Simple Town :S

36. ZJP

ZJP

Seem a good 'roadmap'. :cool:

syntystudios likes this.
  37. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion

The blue area is the water plane under the road, the problem is the white stripes are being rendered as transparent. I'm using Unity 5.1.2. I started a new empty project and imported the updated Simple Town asset pack, works fine there.

38. Zoonman

Zoonman

I purchased the upgraded asset, Simple Town, and I hoped that I could just import it over the old one. But importing the upgraded asset into my current project just gave me a lot of duplicate prefabs and all sorts of texture errors. Is there an easy way of getting the new asset into a project already using the old asset - just upgrading the old prefabs and adding the new ones?

39. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

Simple Town Upgrade & Airport are really great!

But i have a few issues which i want to let you know:
    - The vehicles in Simple Airport show in the opposite direction as in SimpleTown, this means only unnecessary extra work to adjust it for us
    - in simple town you have renamed some of the animations states of the character controller (e.g. from Waving to Idle_Waving), same as above...
    - it would be great if the bridge would come in more seperate objects, that it can be adjusted, e.g. other heights, like separate railing (the red one), pillar...
    - like the bridges currently are, it`s not possible to use them with 3 lanes roads

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  40. Zoonman

Zoonman

@syntystudios
    Using Unity3d 5.1.1f1 I've created a brand new project, imported the new asset, and loaded the demo-scene - I get these lines on the new overpass - both in editor and game mode. Any idea what could be the cause of this?

editor_view.png game_view.png

41. MalachiteBR

MalachiteBR

I recently bought simple town and it is now DEPRECATED!?

What happens now?

What should I do to keep getting updates from simple town?

You guys made a huge promotion to raise sales and then just goes DEPRECATED? Its not fair :(

42. paulojsam

paulojsam

DEPRECATED, what does that means

43. syntystudios

syntystudios

We are looking into current issues for you guys :D

According to official Unity docs in order to get the upgrade working we have to deprecate the original pack and upload a new upgrade pack which replaces it. They are working on making the system more streamlined, it has a few issues we found. It was not the ideal situation that we thought it was, we are the first wave of guinea pigs :)

You can still download the original Simple Town through the Asset Store download tab within Unity engine if you already own it.

44. unitywlp

unitywlp

can you make big city demo scene as future update since big city will help to make a big game.
    most of unity community was not good at making level designs.

charmandermon likes this.
  45. charmandermon

charmandermon

The city pack would be great with more skyscrapers and large/tall buildings in it. Keep up the awesome work!

46. mdrotar

mdrotar

Does this mean we have to pay for the upgrade in order to get any updates, including compatibility updates for future versions of Unity?

47. syntystudios

syntystudios

@charmandermon @unitywlp - Simple City would be pretty cool

@mdotar - This is one of the biggest flaws in Unity's new upgrade system, we can't update the depreciated version of Simple Town but we trust Unity won't make prefabs or fbx importing incompatible in the future. It would be nice if Unity could make the old asset hidden rather than depreciated, this could mean we could continue to update while it couldn't be bought, we will suggest this to them :)

48. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

After reading the answers i still don't get why if you plan to charge for the new components don't make them a separated package and named it Simple Town Extras or something?

49. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Its confusing me. If I delete old town asset, the new asset demo missing textures and stuff. If I let both there, I got 2 town folder. Btw the new town demo has some texture bugs on my system.

50. NerdRageStudios

NerdRageStudios

Hi, can you please fix the pivot points on the tank turrets in the military pack please? They rotate badly as the pivot point isnt in the right place!

thanks!

LukeAntonissen and unitywlp like this.