Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[FREE] Amplify Color - Advanced Color Grading

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. yezzer

yezzer

I can't get the mask effect working on Oculus Rift as illustrated in your demo when using deferred rendering. Any ideas why this is?

2. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Hi yezzer,

Turns out that was an omission in the scripts. To fix it, follow these steps:
    1. Go to the Scripts folder
    2. Open RenderColorMask.cs
    3. Place "maskCamera.renderingPath = RenderingPath.Forward;" before the end
    The steps are the same for both OVR and non-OVR samples. Please let me know if this worked for you.

I'll update the projects with the fix asap.

Cheers

3. yezzer

yezzer

Thanks, that's working!

I'm having some issues getting it working on the latest OVR SDK though. Has it been tested on that? I can dig into it a bit later on, as it might be me rushing it

4. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Haven't tried the latest yet. I'll try to update the demo project to the latest one tonight.

5. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Added support for Oculus SDK v0.3.2 Preview 2. Already replaced the previous version at this location. Feel free to try it and please let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers

6. yezzer

yezzer

Thanks, that worked. For the latter problem, I didn't notice there was a shader in Resources I needed, and Unity didn't error on that. :)

Thanks again for fixing so quickly!

7. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

8. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

9. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Firewatch, a absolutely gorgeous game and one of the great surprises from PAX Prime 2014. Among other techniques, the game makes use of Amplify Color for its incredible and dynamic environment mood, we definitely recommend that you check it out.

Firewatch, by Campo Santo

Amplify Color - Unity Asset Store

Check out our Blog Post for additional info: Firewatch

Fully functional watermarked trial version - Download

10. TrippyDippyDip

TrippyDippyDip

Hey @Amplify_Ricardo Was just testing the trail version before I buy , I installed it and followed the setup between Photoshop and Amplify Colour and when I send to Photoshop it only displays a grey screen, it also freezes my scene view and hierachy forcing me to quit Unity.

Do you know a fix for it?

Heres what it looks like
    Capture.PNG

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  11. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, I was away from the office for a few days. What version of Unity and Photoshop are you using, and are you on a Windows or OSX machine?

12. TrippyDippyDip

TrippyDippyDip

Hi thanks and no problem

Im using Unity 4.5.1 , CS6 and use win 7 x64 wiith service pack 1

13. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

TrippyDippyDip issue was resolved with a clean install.

14. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

A work in progress shot using the try-before-you-buy version of Amplify Color. I used other LUT post effects and they aren't replicating 1 to 1 Photoshop to Unity like Amplify Color does. Thanks!

15. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thanks for using our products. We are happy to know that Amplify Color is part of your workflow, we really enjoy your work.

16. MalboM

MalboM

Hello! I just bought your plugin, but I can't get to work: when I apply the effect to the camera it gets disabled and the following errors shows up

[AmplifyColor] BaseMaterial shader not supported on this platform. Effect disabled.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    AmplifyColorBase:CheckMaterialAndShader(Material, String) (at Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:473)
    AmplifyColorBase:CreateMaterials() (at Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:493)
    AmplifyColorBase:OnEnable() (at Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:140)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

There are other errors too
    Do you know what's the problem?

thanks in advance

17. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Are you using Unity Pro? Amplify Color only works with Unity Pro.

If you are using Unity Pro, please let me know what is your Unity version, OS and build target.

The full error list would also help us debug the issue.

Thanks

18. MalboM

MalboM

Hi thanks for the fast reply,

Yes I'm using Unity Pro, the version is the 4.6.0b17 (I'm using windows 8)
    The target is Windows and Mac.

the other errors are

[AmplifyColor] Error creating BlendMaskMaterial material. Effect disabled.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    AmplifyColorBase:CheckMaterialAndShader(Material, String) (at Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:468)
    AmplifyColorBase:CreateMaterials() (at Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:497)
    AmplifyColorBase:OnEnable() (at Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:140)

Maximum number (64) of shader keywords exceeded, keyword QUALITY_MOBILE will be ignored
    UnityEngine.Shader:DisableKeyword(String)
    AmplifyColorBase:SetupShader() (at Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:370)
    AmplifyColorBase:CreateMaterials() (at Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:483)

Maximum number (64) of shader keywords exceeded, keyword QUALITY_MOBILE will be ignored
    UnityEngine.Shader:DisableKeyword(String)
    AmplifyColorBase:SetupShader() (at Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:370)
    AmplifyColorBase:CreateMaterials() (at Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/AmplifyColorBase.cs:483)

and others, if you want I can send you the full list via email, let me know you're email if you have
    the problem could be some conflict with other plugins that I've installed maybe?

thanks

19. MalboM

MalboM

I just found out that creating a new project solves the problem. What could be the problem in the project? is there something that creates conflict?

thanks​

20. MalboM

MalboM

Ok I just tried to delete and reimport amplify color and now it works :D we'll never know why though...

21. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Happy to know the problem is solved.

We will need to debug this issue further but I believe the " (64) of shader keywords " error is not caused directly by Amplify Color.
    Our shaders are very small, and have they're own materials. Plus, we only use up to 2 or 3 keywords per shader/material.
    As far as using shader keywords go, we're on the low side.

I have seen this error before and it is indeed fixed by re-importing the package. It would be great if you could send us a sample project containing the error, that would really help us debug the issue.

Thanks

22. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Powered by Amplify Color, Null Operator is a 6-degrees-of-freedom procedural action stealth roguelike for PC and VR currently being developed by RUST. Inspired by old school games like Descente or Forsaken, as fans, we can’t wait to try it ourselves.The game also takes full advantage of Alloy, one of the best physically based shading frameworks for Unity, and fully compatible with Amplify Texture 2.

Null Operator, by RUST LTD

Amplify Color - Unity Asset Store

Check out our Blog Post for additional info: Null Operator

Fully functional watermarked trial version - Download

23. Project-Mysh

Project-Mysh

Hi,

I recently bought your plugin, but im having some issues with it in mobile platforms.
    The problem is rather strange: Only happens if I have "Clear flags" of the camera set to "Skybox".
    If i set the "Clear flags" to "Depth only" all problems disappear.

"Clear flags" set to "Skybox" breaks MSAA and Stencil buffer shadows. In desktop only stencil buffer shadows are broken. And the weirdest thing in desktop is that if I enable MSAA stencil buffer shadows work again...

I dont really know what happens, the only thing I know is it has something to do with your plugin, because if I delete everything in the scene except the camera and plugin MSAA still dont work in mobile.

Thanks in advance.

P.D: Setup: Unity 4.3.4f1 forward rendering.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  24. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Does this happen with other post-process effects as well? Or just Amplify Color?

Also, please make sure you update to the latest version of Unity because you might be missing some important bug fixes.

Cheers

25. Project-Mysh

Project-Mysh

Yes, testing other post-process effects, i finally found something. "Vintage" effect from "Colorful" post-process effects package its doing the same (and its a LUT based post-process effect too). So the problem seems to be with LUT system and unity 4.3.4f1.... I cant upgrade this version cause im building for PSM.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  26. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello

Our apologies for the delay but unfortunately we still don't have a solution for your issue. Any changes on your side?

This issue is one of our top support priorities, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

All the best,

27. detomato

detomato

Hi Ric. I would like to know if it were able to apply the effect per object? I am testing it with Vuforia augmented reality plugin, hence I do not want it to be applied to the whole screen.

Thanks!

28. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello ,

It’s not possible to directly select which objects should be affected by the effect but you can use Dynamic Masks to define which objects should be color corrected. Check out the “Dynamic Masks” section in the Amplify Color Manual, it includes 2 samples.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

29. LiveWire

LiveWire

Does the demo version contain all of the up-to-date mobile optimizations? I tried it out on my project on my Nexus 4 android phone setting the Quality Level to 'Mobile' and my frame rate dropped from 60fps to 10fps. Is there anything about scene complexity (such as number of polygons, objects, materials, etc) that effects the performance of the Amplify Color effect?

This asset looks like a great buy, but I can't use it that performance cost.

30. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for evaluating Amplify Color.

Yes, the Trial version includes the latest version of all mobile related optimizations. That is a considerable abnormal frame drop, we need to look into it further. Scene complexity should not be a factor in Amplify Color performance.

Would it be possible to test your project on our side?

Feel free to get in touch directly at support@amplify.pt.

Thanks

31. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  32. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello.

Any luck setting up the project? We would be happy to help you debug the issue. The frame drop is a bit unusual, do you happen to be using AA and do other post effects also cause a similar frame drop?

Thanks

33. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify Color also works great with 2d games. Check out the fantastic work by Bombsfall and be sure to try out our fully functional Trial Version.

Quick reminder, Amplify Color & Motion are currently 50% OFF exclusively at the Unity Asset Store.

34. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Hiya, this looks interesting. I use Unity 5 with PS4 as target platform and was wondering how to use this with a full day and night cycle. We use all of the Unity 5 good bits like enlighten, PBS etc.

35. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hey there. It really depends on your scene/game setup but Amplify Color is pretty flexible. You can either use the BlendTo function or use the built-in volume based transitions. In both cases you can swap LUT’s(color grading preset) at runtime and adjust their blend time. You can also control/link other effects to Amplify Color Volumes, it’s a great way to easily setup complex effect chains.

What kind of project are you working on?

36. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Hey, thanks for replying.

We're working on a 3rd person open world game. There's a lot of corner cases with dynamic lighting, for example in a town you might be inside a building, or outside of the building. Or in the forest, or simply in the desert. As the day and night cycle progresses I think it might need 3 color grade files per area (or moodbox) - ie noon, dusk and night - just thinking out loud!

37. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello.

I would recommend using Amplify Color Volumes for those specific corner cases and to use the AC camera component Lut in conjunction with the BlendTo function for the main/world color grade. You would need to setup a simple controller that blends/exchanges the 3 Luts in the camera component as required by your day/night cycle and let the Amplify Color Volumes automatically control the indoor or other custom area color grade.

Using a main/world color grade system with easily customizable areas using volumes seems like a great way to simplify the workflow and to empower your artists.

38. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hey there, any luck setting it up? We would be happy to help, get in touch via support@amplify.pt

39. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

For anyone interested, we would like to remind you that we currently offer 50% OFF on Amplify Color and Motion, exclusively on the Unity Asset Store. We would also like to thank everyone that took advantage of our promotional offer and if you have not already check out our fully functional Trial Versions.

Exclusively on the Unity Asset Store:
    Motion Product Page
    Color Product Page

Latest Builds:
    Amplify Color: Download
    Amplify Motion: Download
    Amplify Texture 2: Download

All builds were recently updated to accommodate Unity5 Beta Updates. If you experience any issues in U5 B19 with Amplify Motion after importing the trial; install the following package: Assets/AmplifyMotion/InstallForUnity5.unitypackage

The Unity related issue only affects trial version; the full version doesn't need extra installs.

Thanks!

40. derkoi

derkoi

Hi,

I'm having an issue with Amplify Color. I'm using Windows 8.1 pro - Unity Pro 5.0.0 b20 platform is iOS and I have iOS Pro.
    Basically when I enable Color on my main camera & build to ipad air 2 (not tried other devices yet), most of the scene's geometry disappears.

Top image is without color, bottom image is with color enabled.

amp_color.jpg

Not really sure why this is happening as it works in the editor fine. Also, not sure if it's related but Amplify motion doesn't have any effect in the editor, I've not tried it on the device.

41. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

This issue seems to be related to Unity5 iOS now running on Metal. We haven't had time to properly test Unity5 on iOS/Metal over the past few days, but we'll get to it ASAP this week.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

42. derkoi

derkoi

Thanks, no problem. Let me know if I can help test anything & I'll send you my invoice number.

43. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello.

We are still looking into this issue with Unity 5 and we will get back to you as soon as possible. For users using Unity 4.6, Metal Seed 2 should work without any issues.

We will post more information soon.

44. derkoi

derkoi

OK thanks

45. sama-van

sama-van

Hello,

Before to buy the plugin I would like to know how are made the shader to provide to the screen.
    Working under xboxOne, it seems there are some hardware constraint concerning the way to write a shader.
    Unity's Projector and ColorCorrection//LUT//gradiant aren't working.
    It seems the issue comes from ”fixed function shader” and it is not supported on xboxOne.

Then my question is simple : Are the shader written for the plugins are written with fixed function?

46. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

No fixed function but be sure to try our fully functional trial version just to be sure it is the right choice for your project.

Amplify Color Trial - Download

Let us know if you run into any issues, we would be happy to help.

All the best,
    Ricardo

47. sama-van

sama-van

It seems the sample package is working on XboxOne. Wished effect is working.
    My company bought the complete package on the store but didn't have the chance to give it a try yet and confirm the very LUT features are also working on the hardware.
    I'll come back to you later during the next week.

48. Kragh

Kragh

Hi :)

I've just started out using this promising system. I have a project I'm testing it on, that relies heavily on compositing. That means, the final screen output is a product of multiple cameras rendering in succesion without clearing the screen buffer. When I try to send the screen to Photoshop, it seems to fail. It only sends the character as is, not the background. Do you have some pointers as to where this might arrise? We use the "depth" and "clear flags" properties to control this.

EDIT: Well, obviously you render the one camera that has been set up in the Lut window. Could it be possible to make the window support multiple cameras? For now I send the screen shot, then make an actual screenshot, and paste it into the image sent automatically. It works, but is quite tedious to work with, as I have to set up many, MANY individual settings.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  49. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello Kragh,

Thank you for trying out Amplify Color. That's an interesting use case, we will need to make a few adjustments in order to support that setup but it should be available soon.

We will keep you posted.

Thanks

50. Kragh

Kragh

Thx for looking into it. Another thing is an actual bug. We ended up setting the background camera in the Lut Editor, but it insists to reset this setting back to another camera again and again. So whenever we sent a screenshot, we need to reset it to our background camera. As a GUI dropdown setting, it feels odd how this setting is set by the system again and again instead of just respecting the setting we provide. Bug?