Search Unity

5 Free Game Project Examples!!!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Epictickle, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Epictickle

Epictickle

Okay guys, so I've been working on some free game examples for the community and have finally gotten to a point where I'd like to release a few project files to the public to help anyone seeking to further their understanding of Unity or game design in general.

If you would like to test the games before you download them, just go to:
    www.brandonmiller3d.com/game-design-portfolio

They are all there, available to play 100% free. You may post to my leaderboards, etc..

Here are the actual project files:
    Asteroids
    Breakout
    Pong
    Space Shooter
    Geometry Wars

You may also download them from my website by going to the respective video game you would like to download.

NOTE: These were all made with the Unity 4.6 beta. You will need AT LEAST 4.6.0b20 to compile these games. Thank you!

Gameplay pics of my games below:

Asteroids:

Breakout:

Pong:

Space Shooter:

Geometry Wars:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    zenGarden and calmcarrots like this.
  2. Epictickle

Epictickle

Okay guys, I just released a MASSIVE update to Geometry wars.. Below is a list of things that have been fixed/updated:

1. Black Holes have been implemented.
    2. Music and Sound effects implemented.
    3. Full Gamepad Support
    4. Particle Systems have been fixed to look (almost) exactly like the original GW. The only thing I couldn't do for the particles was implement Bloom (sadface.)

This is now the ONLY version of GW on the net with full gamepad support, and I believe it's the only version that is completely open source. You can download the project files directly from my page! The only other versions I've been able to find are controlled by the mouse, and they lack good effects/color. Everyone enjoy!

PS: If you like the games, please let me know! I love positive reviews. Also, let me know if you don't like them as well. I'm always looking for improvement!!

3. Epictickle

Epictickle

*** Update: 11/07/2014 ***

I updated the Geometry Wars project files download to include the new SFX, VFX, and Black Holes. Everything has been updated to use Unity 4.6.0RC1 instead of 4.6.0b20. You shouldn't notice any differences except for in the input fields when you submit your high scores.

If you would like any more (simple) game examples, please request one below! I'm always excited to make an example for someone!

4. raiden

raiden

Very kind of you to give these away.

Thank You!

-Raiden

5. static_cast

static_cast

6. Epictickle

Epictickle

I didn't make that version. I made an example of that game and just didn't give it another name. Since I'm not actually selling it, I don't think it's a problem... And for the sake of preventing confusion, I just left the name as-is... Otherwise, nobody would know what game I'm trying to provide an example of lol. If you noticed, I used the original name of all the examples I provided. If it proves to be a problem in the future, I promise I'll change the names.