Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics 5.4.0b6 - baked lightmaps and a realtime light

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by topofsteel, Feb 17, 2016.

1. topofsteel

topofsteel

I've been struggling with using baked lightmaps and a real-time light. There is a link below to a post I made in the regular GI forum. I am questioning my workflow, but there is definitely something wrong. Working through that problem I went back through all of the 5.x releases and the results varied widely. These screens are from 5.4.0b6. In the 2nd one you can see the lightmaps/AO on the ceiling remains in tact. However, every surface that is facing the directional light is effected. In 5.4.0 at least the maps/AO are still visible, as opposed to 5.3.2 where they disappear completely. The last image is what I am hoping to achieve. Also, I'm developing for WegGL so precomputed GI isn't an option. What is going on with this? Is this the whole mixed lighting problem?

bake_only_01.png bake_only_02.png Untitled-3.png

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Yeah, try setting the light to mixed.

3. topofsteel

topofsteel

No, that didn't change the results or fix anything. I guess I meant the problem with mixed lights not working. Really, there are lightmaps flashing on and off with ANY amount of directional light. Is no one else having trouble with this?

4. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

AFAIK you cannot mix baked and realtime light since 5.0, which is a big issue. There are plenty of complaints about Enlighten, which they're trying to fix.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  5. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

We are working on having mixed mode and indirect only baking working in a 5.4 beta very soon. Thank you for your patience.

KRGraphics and shkar-noori like this.
  6. topofsteel

topofsteel

Absolutely, thank you for your reply. I'm delighted to hear it's upcoming in this beta cycle/next release!

7. Xoduz

Xoduz

Hm. Would lightmap data generated in 5.4.x beta work if brought into a 5.3.x project, by any chance? :p

8. TJHeuvel-net

TJHeuvel-net

Seems like i judged too quickly, thanks!

9. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I hope we get this working because using realtime lighting everywhere is not fun, even for a small level