Search Unity

5.2 released today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SaraCecilia, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avinash_singh

avinash_singh

i am not getting still now

2. Gua

Gua

I have this problem in Unity521p4, currently upgrading to 5.2.2p2 with a hope to see the fix.

update in 5.2.2p2 it started working on test location with cupe, but still doesn't work on my level. Also my terrain becames super bright when I bake occlusion

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  3. Shadowing

Shadowing

Anyone else having issues with the update page/game download page not working?

4. YX_Iain

YX_Iain

I'm seeing a massive performance hit in my game on Unity 5.2. in comparison to 5.1, and I am also finding there is a memory leak occurring too on 5.2 (yet the same project on 5.1 is working fine without problems). Not to mention several occurrences of Unity 5.2 reimporting all of my assets from scratch whenever I go to make a new build, or in some cases when I update one asset from the asset store.

MrEsquire likes this.
  5. Rocotosx

Rocotosx

I've just updated my project to 5.2.2. And there's a strange bug with the terrain texture. At first it was completely pink like there's no shaders. Then I changed "Base Map Distance" to 0 and some vague image appeared. But the quality is like there's no textures at all. I tried to create a new terrain, reassign different material type (built-in-standard/legacy diffuse), but nothing. Still can't figure out what had happend.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  6. Michael-Ryan

Michael-Ryan

Could you provide more details on the performance hit you're seeing and the memory leak?

My project runs smoothly on 5.1.4, but on 5.2.0 and 5.2.2, there are significant slowdowns in the editor. Clicking on objects in the scene view often result in a 1-10 second hang. The editor is unresponsive during this hang.

When the hangs occur, I'm also seeing huge increases in memory allocations for Unity in Process Explorer. Each hang results in 30-90 MB increases, and the memory is only released when Unity is closed.

Are you seeing similar behavior?

7. kittik

kittik

Are there any known lighting bugs within the current version of Unity? I think I am experiencing a lighting bug.

8. vakabaka

vakabaka

we can download 5.2.3

9. YX_Iain

YX_Iain

I'm afraid that is not at all like the problems I was facing, as mine are occurring at runtime. I just upgraded to 5.2.3 and I am seeing the memory leak issue has been fixed, but the framerate drop over time (and also the initial large performance drop since 5.1) have not been fixed. However, when I run the preview in the editor and the framerate drops as I described, it stay dropped if I end the preview and then start it again, unless I completely close the Unity Editor and then re-open it again.

10. Gua

Gua

Opening Unity 5.2.2p2 project in in 5.2.3 did not triggered reimport of all assets. Is this normal?

11. johnsteinberg

johnsteinberg

Having compilation problems for iOS with 5.2.3f1. Same as here : http://stackoverflow.com/q/33865332

Any ideas on the fix for this please as it is stopping me from building for iOS completely.

Thanks,
    John Steinberg

12. Michael-Ryan

Michael-Ryan

Thank you for the update.

I'm seeing this slowdown on multiple systems, but one system that previously demonstrated the slow down is fine now. I'm completely confused, since all systems are using the exact same project code, assets, and Unity versions.

On one system that is leaking memory when objects are clicked in the scene, I ended up removing all scripts from the project and the leaks and slowdowns are still happening, so they are not code-related. All affected development systems have had their project Library folder deleted and they were rebuilt by Unity, but the issue remains. It's very strange.

13. talrumers

talrumers

When upgrading to 5.2.3 i noticed too many bugs, so i got back to 5.1.2 right away..
    1) low fps maybe 20-30.. Even in the editor
    2) when changing an object position by code, it litteraly jumps before it is being set at the new position which looks like a bug..

Too much things are wrong with 5.2.3 .. \=

14. Onsterion

Onsterion

The history and experience tell us don't update unity version before patch 4

MrEsquire likes this.
  15. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Lets see if 5.3 final next week not only bring new features but bug fixes and performance updates

16. YX_Iain

YX_Iain

I tried the 5.3 beta, and it seems to have fixed the problems I had in regards to performance (at least, for the most part).

MrEsquire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.