Search Unity

5.1 Merry Fragmas Help?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by dlazardesigns, Jun 28, 2015.

1. dlazardesigns

dlazardesigns

Hi Unity!

I've been building along with the Merry Fragmas tutorial in 5.1. I've been working around the differences between 4.6 and 5.1 but I could use some help with some of the transitions between the versions.

My biggest issue right now is figuring out the new state machines. I'm not totally sure if I'm using the new Entry/Exit states right, and I'm wondering if you could post what the animator should look like now in 5.1.

I'm attaching the screen of the 4.6 version Mike Geig layed out and my attempt to use the new system.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Dan

Attached Files:

2. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

3. RavenLiquid

RavenLiquid

You are indeed using the entry/exit states wrong.

For the most part, just ignore those.

Entry should only go to Default (as that is your default state) and the exit is not really needed.

So the only difference your design should have from the screenshots you posted is the entry state going to Default, and the rest should transfer from any state. That boils down to one extra link in the whole picture.

Also, don't forget to turn off the transfer to current (or something akin to that) on the transitions from any state. If you don't you get transitions from GunSprint to GunSprint for example, and that looks like the animation keeps triggering from the start.