Unity Community

Page 60 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2411

1. Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just purchased my very own copy!

Question: How could I make 3D Lines work with multiple cameras in a scene? Do I need to call "SetCamera3d()" from each camera, every frame, or somesuch? That seems excessive- guessing there is a better method.

example:

Thanks!
    Custom Tools for Unity 3D:
    ProBuilder: BSP-Style Build, Edit, Texture, and More, Right in Unity 3D
    ProGrids: Professional Grids+Snapping for Unity 3D
    QuickEdit: Edit any mesh, right in Unity 3D!
    QuickDecals: Bring your game alive in no time!

2. Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Might there also a way to make the line's thickness be "world-space"? Guess I should have looked that one up first
    Custom Tools for Unity 3D:
    ProBuilder: BSP-Style Build, Edit, Texture, and More, Right in Unity 3D
    ProGrids: Professional Grids+Snapping for Unity 3D
    QuickEdit: Edit any mesh, right in Unity 3D!
    QuickDecals: Bring your game alive in no time!

3. Volunteer Moderator
    The line width is always calculated in screen space; unfortunately there's not really a good way to do it using world units. Using 3D lines with multiple cameras is kind of tricky...currently you'd have to call SetCamera3D for each camera as needed every frame. It's possible I could add an overload to use multiple cameras automatically; I've thought about it before, but it is, as I mentioned, tricky.

--Eric
    SpriteTile: new tile system that works seamlessly with Unity 4.3 sprites
    FlyingText3D: dynamic 3D text with TTF fonts | Vectrosity: fast & easy line drawing
    Nifty utilities! Stitch terrains together - runtime model importing - file browser - fractal landscapes

4. Posts
    I really hope this hasn't been asked already (60 pages is quite a bit) ... I'm referring to the simple graph on page 17, the post dated 03:14 PM 01-26-2011. Yes, I'm a n00b.

How can I get a graph like that inside a window? I'm doing this:

GUI.Window(123, wdwRect, drawWindowContent, "");

In my drawWindowContent method, I have labels, buttons, etc. But when I put the line drawing code in there, it still draws outside the actual window.

Help?

5. Volunteer Moderator
    OnGUI code always draws on top of everything and is a separate thing from the rest of the system, so unfortunately there's not much I can do about that.

--Eric
    FlyingText3D: dynamic 3D text with TTF fonts | Vectrosity: fast & easy line drawing
    Nifty utilities! Stitch terrains together - runtime model importing - file browser - fractal landscapes

6. Posts
    Any news on when Flash exporting will be supported fully? I currently get two errors when trying to export to Flash:
    VectorManager.as(35: col: 164 Warning: Migration issue: * is not a dynamic class. Instances cannot have members added to them dynamically.
    and
    VectorLine.as(3136): col: 14 Error: Call to a possibly undefined method CLIArray_Resize$1$1_TRef_Int32 through a reference with static type Class.
    Would be great to have Vectrosity working with Flash for when the exporter is properly released.

7. Volunteer Moderator
    That's up to UT to support all Unity features when exporting. Keep in mind the Flash export is still a preview.

--Eric

8. Posts
    Hi Eric,

I bought Vectrosity ages ago (back when it first came out) and have only just now had time to play with it. Absolutely brilliant toolset.

I'm using VectorPoints objects to draw all the stars visible to the naked eye (based on the Harvard Bright Star Catalog). This is quite fun. Each point in the VectorPoints object is a point on a 10 unit radius sphere (a projection of the star's coordinates from RA/Dec to XYZ). Now, I have to do some aligning of this star sphere as I change time and viewer's position on the earth, which requires me to rotate the VectorPoints game object. For various reasons I've got seven of these VectorPoints spheres (one for each visible magnitude) and I have parented these to a null and have rotated the null to rotate all seven VectorPoints objects together.

My camera is in the centre of these spheres. It only rotates around its own centre, it does not change its 0,0,0 position in space. However, after I rotate the spheres using the null, the stars in the VectorPoints objects go very dim and many fade way all together as I rotate my camera view.

I'm using Draw3DAuto, and I can see in the scene view that the points in the VectorPoints objects are updating dynamically as the camera rotates, but they don't point straight at the camera.

Any advice? Thanks!

-- Anthony

9. Volunteer Moderator
    That's cool; I imagined something like this when I did the Orbit demo. By rotating the actual VectorPoints game object, you're preventing the system from being able to align the points properly...rotating the actual game object will only work in certain cases, namely 2D rotations. Instead, typically you'd pass in the transform of an object when using Draw3DAuto, rather than rotating the VectorPoints game object. An empty game object for this purpose would be fine; see the Text demo for an example.

--Eric

10. Posts
    Is there a way for those of us who have bought it on the asset store to get the "better packaging" that you have on your site?

11. Volunteer Moderator
    If you send me some indication of purchase from the asset store (like a receipt), I can add you to my system.

--Eric

12. Posts
    I can do that just let me know how to get it directly to you.

Another thing might be if you created a document or readme or simple web page describing the layout of the package I got from the assert store and what modules work together and which do not.

13. Volunteer Moderator
    Send me a PM. The documentation does actually describe the packages, and everything works together, other than the DLL and source code should not be used at the same time in the same project. (I've added a line to the docs emphasizing that.)

--Eric

14. Posts
    So is that what I am doing wrong? Did I add the dll and the source to my project? If so which package is the dll so I can just remove it?

15. Volunteer Moderator
    It's not a package, it's just a .dll. The extension doesn't show in the editor, but it has a blank page icon, or you can delete it outside the editor so you can see the .dll extension.

--Eric

16. Location
    Hoyheimsvik, Norway
    I got Vectrosity and just started using it in my new game, but I have a little problem. There is always created a new VectorCam. Is there a way to stop this? I already have one VectorCam defined in the scene and it's working ok. The other one that is created is a perspective camera with the "lower left corner" of the rect set at 0,0 the pos and size of this camera seem to be almost random. The scene has one camera (orto) for the game. Another cam (also orto) on top of that for an ingame editor menu. The vector cam should/will be used for drawing safe area on the zoomed out game view and display curves that the editor add to the level data.
    www.emv-software.com
    Warblade - Pixie - DotBot - Deluxe Galaga - Deluxe PacMan - Styx - The Magic Co...

17. Volunteer Moderator
    The VectorCam is needed for drawing 2D lines. The size depends on the resolution.

--Eric

18. Location
    Hoyheimsvik, Norway
    Hes, but why does it show two vectorcams?
    www.emv-software.com
    Warblade - Pixie - DotBot - Deluxe Galaga - Deluxe PacMan - Styx - The Magic Co...

19. Volunteer Moderator
    Oh, sorry, I thought you were creating one for some reason. Can you explain a little more about how you're using Vectrosity? It will create the VectorCam if none exists, however it shouldn't ever be able to create more than one, since it can only do that if the internal "cam" variable is null. It uses DontDestroyOnLoad so even changing levels shouldn't enable "cam" to become null.

--Eric

20. Location
    Hoyheimsvik, Norway
    Here are some screenshots of my setup

Name:  screenshot1.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  28.9 KB

The VectorCam is on layer 31, and linked into the game script.

Name:  screenshot2.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  32.5 KB

In the script I set the VectorCam as camera for VectorLine using SetCamera.

Name:  screenshot3.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  41.9 KB

But when I run the game in the editor a second (new) VectorCam is created and filled with strange values....
    Last edited by WarbladerToo; 07-08-2012 at 02:09 AM.
    www.emv-software.com